Hey Fosh... An argument for throwing out Steelah's game....

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey Fosh... An argument for throwing out Steelah's game....

Fosh.... it just occurred to me that the only thing to really get ANYTHING out of going back like we did is to throw out Steelah's game and simulate a win.

We went back because he lost a game that he had won. We didn't go back to make him play "prove it" in a game of H-O-R-S-E, so to speak....

Now we see all the things that can go wrong so that if something happens like this again we probably tell the guy tough shit.... Like what if we go back because a guy loses a game he really won, but somebody else loses their best player for the year... things like that... But in this case, the only way to get anything remotely like what we were going after is to throw that win out and simulate the game, he probably wins.... Like he already did.

I will say at the minimum, if we go back and something like that happens... bad game, bad injury, etc... I think people should reset the game in those situations... Just saying that right now.

Thanks for listening.

And no, Steelah didn't ask me to post this he's not that way lol.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I agree.

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i also wonder if anybody had a save we could have used. I was like third to last finishing and we probably could have had me load up a dynasty, had foshy join and save and then used that to host the new franchise.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

I was thinking the same thing. I just did not post it. Shame on me.

What we were trying to get was get it right. No re-write history. I will throw out steelah's results right now.

I dont know what this would have accomplished. When you save the dynasty off-line it only saves what that individual has done in the dynasty. So even if you save it right before you advance it will only save your stuff. Still leaving 11 other guys to re do their week.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

yeah as Fosh mentioned.... it's all user side saves with this. although the madden online franchise set isn't revolutionary in many ways - and is downright lacking in features overall - it is all saved server side, which is pretty damn nice.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just as long as I don't have to play Nebraska a 4th time.

7. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

ah ok didn't know that. i figured if you saved the franchise you'd have all the info up to that point. you know ... cause that would make sense lol. shame on me for figuring ea did anything in a way that made sense.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I'm gonna have to say that was pretty dumb. . lol

9. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Thanks fellas, I had already put that game behind me. If I would of known it was going to take all that time to get it fixed, I would of said don't worry about it.
    Thanks to Helli for bringing this up and a big thank you to Fosh.