Hey Guys - New NHL Commish Here...

Discussion in 'THL: Tradition Hockey League (XBOX)' started by Fiddy14, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

TSO NHL League Interest
    1. Fiddy14
    2. Roggie
    3. NvSchultz1325
    4. bprough
    5. BoozersOnline
    6. Patriot9
    7. CrackinBacks
    8. Slice51
    9. Burgh66
    10. WizeguyCZ23
    11. Cheez
    12. weeman11
    13. Selvy9
    14. Bruce80
    15. TheCrumbIsHere
    16. shifteee
    ----

Hey guys, im gonna be taking over the NHL Commish duties so to speak.

I've been a member of Xbox Live for 8 years.. (Yikes)

I have been running EA NHL Leagues since NHL 07 as well as NHL 2K Leagues since 2K4. So i guess im a seasoned Vet at it. I was at a different site for 7 plus years and decided to move else where after some behind the scenes garbage.

Jmustangs recommended me here and im glad he did!!
    ---

Below are rules on how i run my leagues. After you check out how i usually run my leagues, post here if you are interested in playing. Im having a bunch of guys that played in my leagues elsewhere sign up as well. Looking to get a solid group together and get something started after the 1st of the year.

Probably a small set up at first, to get my feet wet here at TSO.

Leagues i have run in the past. Some of the Leagues below ran side by side usually starting on the Sunday after the game was released.

NHL - full 30 team league for about 4 years, with 44 game schedule, full playoffs etc.
    NHL Summer League - started after the above league ended, 12 to 18 owners, full playoffs etc.
    AHL - 12 team league for about 3 years, with a 24 game schedule, playoffs etc.
    OVHL - was a private 12 team league for 6 years (11 seasons), with a 32 game schedule, playoffs etc.
    Original 6 League - obviously, ran with Original 6 teams for 3 years, 30 game schedule, playoffs etc.
    CHL - 1 season, had 18 teams, 6 teams per league, WHL, QMJHL, OHL, only played teams in correct league, then had a full Memorial Cup playoffs etc.
    Euro League - 2 seasons, 16 teams, any Euro League team could be used etc.
    KHL - 1 season, 12 teams, only 1 season bc of being taken out of the NHL Series

If anybody has any questions etc, please ask away. Looking forward to meeting some new hockey guys and getting things set up here..

Any ideas etc, post them as well.

Thanks..

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Man... I was just about to bring NHL 12 back too because of my distaste for this year's game, and now this is making me want to play...

But I'd get killed every game bad.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Its not about winning in TSO Roggie, its about having a good time ;)

If interested you really should join up, Fiddy runs a great league and needs some veteran support here so we can get a solid NHL foothold here on TSO.

4. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

Bud you know i'm in.

5. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

Lol.. im with ya man!! my love for hockey makes me keep the game...

same old same for the most part with NHL 12, but the thing that makes this years game a lil less enjoyable is the pass reception ease.. its broken!! last year, pucks would bounce off of guys sticks when the pass was to hard or if their pass reception attributes weren't very good etc. this year, everything is even more tape to tape, a lot less loose pucks etc.

if you know any guys that would like to play, have them post here..

now, off topic a tad, but myself and NvSchultz and a few others that will be signing up still play NHL 2K10, with updated rosters online. YES, updated rosters online. you can start a season mode offline, and invite your friends to play any matchup online. so much fun and much more realistic. myself and another fella keep the 2K10 rosters updated at least once or twice a month. updated lines, numbers, captains, rookies, ratings, goalie edits etc. the goalie edits are the best, make the goalies play awesome, unlike out of the box ratings for them where they dove and poked at everything..

6. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

is there a FAQ or something, so i can learn a little bit more, such as, how to post scores/stats, and stuff like that.

7. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

December 27 2000, Lemieux returns......
    November 21, 2011, Crosby returns......
    December 8, 2011, Loaf comes out of a 2 year self imposed retirement..... I'm in

• Like Like x 1
  8. bprough

bprough Walk On

lets do it every league need a doormat

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

There is no score input like UL yet. It is all done on the forums. Fiddy has the freedom to make this the way he wants

10. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

we gonna have something up and running in the future.. these buds working behind the scenes. i'll add the buds up top that are interested, and wait for the others to sign up.

11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    When you say a site to put in stats, are you talking something like leaguedaddy, like the VHL uses, as a future plan?

12. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

yes, thats basically it.. but instead of using league daddy, you would have it here on the site, more organized etc.

but, instead of using all the player stats etc which would be great, we would just use the team stats. basic as, score, shots, penalty minutes, PP goals, etc..

perfect example of what you could get it to look like, is by using the Operation Sports Box Score tables.. they have these for all sports etc, you may or may not know that..

take a look of what a basic team stat box score would look like for the league..

screen attached below..

you can find the box score tables for all sports below, including awards, rosters, depth charts, league leaders etc.

http://dynasties.operationsports.com/generator.php?act=create&gid=1&sport=nhl

i think if you can find a way to add this to the site, you guys would be doing a great thing for your community.

follow the link above, and test out some box scores, just make up numbers etc, try nhl, nfl etc. even add player stats to them as well..

let me know what ya think..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we are exploring new framework to better support leagues from a statistical and social aspect. We have never been huge on creating 'League Daddy' type tracking tools as we were founded mostly on the NCAA football game which included all the perpetual stat tracking and history logging we needed.. especially with the evolution of the 'Dynasty Wire'.

As we have expanded into other genres though, the need is beginning to present itself in a more profound way. It's something we have thought a lot about and are working towards a solution to provide some tools similar to what your proposing.

14. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

sounds good to me.. take a look at those box scores, bc those are some great looking tables they have.

you really wouldnt need to track the box scores forever, just for the current season that would be going on, then once the season and playoffs are over, reset that, and start over on a new season. only thing you would even have to track is say owner records.. even if you dont get that added, could have a forum post with each usernames record and awards..

cant wait to see what you guys can get added down the line.

so nice to be on a sports gaming site, like doesnt look and feel like a geocities one from 1998.. ha!!

15. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

360 league? Count me in, once i get my paycheck

although, I've never played a game of hockey online... should be interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

nice.. welcome aboard!! these guys you see on the interest list etc can give ya tips etc while playing.

17. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I can give defensive tips. Played D in club and vhl for the past 3 editions, and it transitions to versus well.

18. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Wow and I thought the Hockey threads had died. Keep me in mind for when things get rolling.

19. Cheez

I'll take anything I can get. I've only been seriously watching for the past 4 or 5 years, so there might be a learning curve as to if I'm doing something that shouldnt be done and whatever.

I do have one question though... what's the season length? didnt see that in your rules.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  20. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    It's all about not trying too hard. Don't chase. Play your zone. Don't go for hits that lead to odd man rushes. Use pokes and stick lifts more than the body. Stay between the puck and the net. Just simple stuff like that, and just pray they don't do impossible dekes where sticks go through your legs.

21. Cheez

i'll be picking up the game tomorrow. maybe we can play a game or two before we get the league started so you can show me a few things.

22. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'll need to play some to reacquaint myself with it. Haven't touched it in a month and a half because the game doesn't work right with wired controllers.

23. weeman11

weeman11 Walk On

lotta good players here. Love to play som good hockey again!!
    add me in please.

weeman11

24. Cheez

Status update: Picked up the game today. Good to go for a '12 campaign.

Speaking of which, when are we starting this thing up? Excited to give this a go.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  25. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

well, we have exactly what we would need to get a small set up going to get our feet wet here at TOS.. i was looking to start after the 1st of the year, bc with the holidays quickly approaching its not a very good time to start IMO..

with that said, look for a thread in a day or two about some small 4 to 8 team tournaments. maybe each round a best 2 of 3, so us guys can get to know one another so to speak..

stay tuned.