Announcement Hey guys

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

I already work for the City here, recently the Fire Dept had an opening for Part-Time Fire Fighter and were willing to train you. I was interviewed, passed a Physical Ability Test and am now going to attend the Fire Academy. This means I now have Fire Academy classes and my regular college classes. The Academy is Mon & Thurs from 6:30p - 10:30p EST while my college classes run from 6p-9p. My college classes usually end early but I won't guarantee anything. Also, my Police Cadet job is ending (only seasonal) at the end of September. I am probably going to focus on school while searching for a Part-Time job.

That said, do not worry. I will still get my games in and be able to keep the advance pace up, with help from dakota7 and jello1717.

• Like Like x 3
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Congrats!

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Congrats buddy! How was the physical agility test? Did they make you climb the ladder?

4. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Should we change this to the firefighter's league? What, do we have 3 in here now?

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Congrats Masler!

My dad was a firefighter in the Air Force for 23 years and 10 for our local airport

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

I had to do a series of things

1) Go on the Stairmaster for 3 minutes wearing a 75lb weight vest

25lbs was removed from the vest for the rest of the test

2) Pull a fire hose over the mezzanine railing
    3) Go down the stairs, around the side of the building, set up a 10 foot ladder, climb to top, touch side of building, climb back down
    4) Drag a fire hose to the hydrant, hook it up. Go back, disconnect the cufflink, hook it up to the other side of the fire hydrant
    5) Go back into the station, carry a chainsaw, fire extinguisher (a large one) and a medical bag up the flight of steps one item at a time.
    6) Simulated forced entry senario with sledgehammer and metal block, had to hit it until it moved 10 inches
    7) Drag 160 lbs dummy across the 4 truck bays

• Like Like x 1
  7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

And you finished.....all they needed to see. Congrats.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Thanks. Fire Academy started tonight, my instructor is a pretty cool guy. I'm probably not going to work while I do this. Lot of work to get done.

9. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Nice man, maybe that part-time will turn into full-time eventually. Have a couple uncles who are firefighters and they get treated pretty well ~