Hey guys....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Nov 3, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey guys....

I bring this up because I wonder if its just me. I played WKU last night. C defense. I could not get a running game going to save my life. I rushed 47 times as a team for 160 yards (or there about). My 96 overall rb with 95 speed could not get outside. The LB (they played a 3-4) just shot the gap and laid me out. I had 6-7 running plays stopped in the backfield. At the half I had a 2.3 YPA average. I had only 2-3 runs for over 7 yards nothing over 15. I could not run without a FB. I gave up running in the ACE formation after the 1st half. Now I could pass all day long and I had over 300 yards passing and 4 td passes. I am not trying to mess with the sliders I have used them offline and have not had this big of a problem I just thought it funny that of all the teams to stop me repeatedly it was WKU a C team. I know I can run in this game I have had this running back for 3 years so I know his moves. Any thoughts?

2. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I don't know the answer. I have RB who is better ratings wise than the one I had last year but he is not near the RB. I always feel like I'm running in mud with my RB.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I put 200 yards approx on Memphis. I didn't break anything big, but I was a 6 yard machine...

Edit: I threw it like 30 times so my avg per carry was probably pretty good too.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Here is the comparison between the sliders we used before making ANY adjustments (and used for most of the time) and the sliders we are using now (shown to us by Drifter).

User/CPU

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Before Now
    Offense
    QB Accuracy 35/50 30/40
    Pass Block 50/50 55/45
    WR Catching 45/45 40/35
    RB Ability 45/65 40/55
    Run Blocking 50/40 45/50
    Defense
    Pass Coverage 55/55 40/55
    Pass Rush 60/50 45/50
    Interceptions 30/30 30/40
    Rush Defense 40/55 45/55
    Tackling 60/60 45/50

I don't believe the changes are drastic enough to make that much of a difference. I am starting to think all of the slider talk is messing with your guys' heads.

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

It could be Murk I can adjust to the sliders I don't have a problem with scoring my problem was with my running. I would like to know if you guys have any advice. Running outside was just shut down this game. Is it AI, the 3-4 or is it my line sucks? It seemed funny to me that I practice against the 3-4 in the game and I can run on my B defense 5-10 yards a pop in the Ace and against this C defense I kept getting caught in the backfield. Look at the stats YPC sucked.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Well, generally you don't want to run to the outside very often when facing a 3-4. I don't know if you should judge your success based off practice mode because EA may have fucked that up and maybe the sliders arent effective, idk. I don't have much more info than that...

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I know what it is... its because youre Houston and Houston sucks! :D

Maybe if you had 2 sick impact RBs like Rice you could run the ball better haha

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You've got a stable. Why the fuck would you leave there.

Not only do you have McGuffie and the other guy (Turner) back next year...

but you have TWO stud Freshman runningbacks, and you obviously just signed the #1 HB in the nation. NICE!!

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im changing my mind haha. Ill be sticking around Rice for a while.. at least until I can go to Texas or somewhere like that. Going to a lower-tier BCS school will be a downgrade pretty soon.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

power o or iso's then run block (slide protection) which ever way you want (usually use left or right) and read the blocks.. It's like zone running scheme

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

This is how its done son! (the end is pretty sweet)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13006651

Thats how you hit the hole!

Dont worry though... when we play I'll be putting on a clinic :p

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]

Walk Quietly and Carry a BIG STICK!!