Hey Look

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Now that I got your attention- I'm just going to take a crack at stirring just maybe a littttttle bit of activity about the dynasty so I came up with a few questions that you guys can answer if you'd like!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best team/season you've had so far?

Best player so far?

Biggest disappointement so far (recruit that didn't live up to your hopes)?

Player that turned out to be a "diamond in the rough"?

Feel free to add any other questions for others to answer!

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

You go first. :)

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha.. cant really.

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

My first season I won the Pac10, but that was on sims basically. This year's team is my best squad talent-wise.

Best player so far?
    QB Lee Downing
    RB Ryan Bates

Pretty much everyone I have brought in is better than what I had to start off with lol. We just need athletes!

Ive got about what I expected from everyone. I think my DE Ricks is pretty solid.

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Either my '12 or '13 team went 12-2, with both losses to #1 Bama.

Best player so far?
    Zach Brown, my QB who graduated last year was a 4 year starter and threw for over 13,000 yards and 100+ TDs. AJ Green in the first two seasons probably was the biggest impact player, but it was tough to get him the ball with a young QB.

I've had a couple guys decide to go to the NFL before reaching their potential. Three seasons ago it was 6'7" WR Johnathon Edwards. He was just starting to be a force in the redzone, before he turned pro. Last season, HB Jonathon Delucca went pro early after his redshirt sophomore year.

I picked up a :3stars: player out of Alabama that graduated last year named Murray, who ranked as the 28th tackle in his class. He graduated with an overall ranking of 98 and was a 3 year starter. I also picked up a Juco Jr :3stars: OLB named Miller (#24 OLB in his class) from North Carolina who started two years and played well.

6. Wick36

Went undefeated last year but didn't get into the title game.

Best player so far?
    Toss up between WR Brent Cameron, QB Darryl Hicks, and CB Tristan Terry

Haven't really had a really disappointing recruit that I can think of... I suppose I had hoped some of my current CBs and some LBs I lost last year would end up a bit better.

Hicks came in as a 4 star and ended up getting like 8 points of progression in the offseason each year before going pro after his RS SO season. Other than that, nobody has really ended up a lot better than expected.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It is a tough call for my school. The obvious answer would be year 1 since I won the title by going undefeated. I did so without beating USC and Alabama wasn't even in the league yet, so tough to say I fully earned that title. I also played CPU TCU in the title game. My team last year would be another team I'd consider. I got destroyed by Bama in title game but won all my other games. Despite those being my championship game teams, I think my best roster may have been 2015 team. My only loss that season was an OT loss to Iowa (my nemesis JC Spartan), but I beat USC that year.

Best player so far?

MLB Ryan Osterander :5stars: - Started all 4 years at Penn State and led team in tackles 3 of 4 seasons. He never missed a game.

DE Craig Gaither :5stars: - he has been a solid starter but when you recruit a :5stars: DE you expect him to be dominant. He has yet to demonstrate that ability.

DT Chris Bryant :3stars: - came in as an unheralded JUCO recruit and ended up being a solid 2-year starter

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Like the responses guys, sounds like a lot of people found that diamond in the rough too!

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    • I think it was the 2012 or 2013 when we played in the Rose Bowl against USC. We got waxed BTW but finished 10-2. My team has a very good defense and some playmakers on offense.
    Best player so far?
    • Jordan Evans was a big impact player from day one on campus and made my defense work for his entire stay on campus.
    • Ryan Sparks was a solid CB but I had hopes he would be a playmaking threat. This never really happened though.
    • Marcus Talley was the opposite of Sparks as he made a great deal noise while in Ann Arbor.

10. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

My responses are from my FSU days. My time at OSU has been short and unproductive up to this point

My best team was the 2012 team that went undefeated and won the national championship. We even beat Bama in OT that year. At one point with this team we won something like 22 straight games.

Best player so far?
    It would have to be DE Chris Bush. This kid was a stud and produced from day 1. His freshman year was the 2012 season and he was a big reason we won the national title. He produced 19 sacks that year and finished with 46 sacks in 3 seasons. He would leave for the NFL after his junior year

Our first year we thought we hit it big when we landed 2 of the top 5 recruits in the nation. QB Scott Jones and ATH Brendan Marks hoped to be cornerstones for the University. Jones lived up to his hype, breaking the all-time FSU passing TD record. Marks was productive but wasnt as good as advertised. Marks could have played either HB or WR. I may have made a mistake and tried to have him do both. He ended up leaving early, but just wasnt the play maker i expected.

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Season 2 or 3, When I had Vickers and Baxter. My offense was awesome and defense actually showed up

Best player so far?

HB Dillon Baxter, he was fast, had the spin move, and broke tackles like Ive never seen. Pry the best HB I have ever used for FOUR YEARS

Pry all of those 5 star HBs, they all blow. Sanders is not as great as I thought but he shows hope and is only a true freshman, most HBs at USC are redshirted.

I found some really good FBs that were not rated high

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I may need to change my question 1 answer to this year's team, especially if I win the BCS Championship. The team finished the regular season with a 6-0 record in user matches, mostly due to a +18 turnover ratio in those 6 games (22/4). This may not be the most talented defense at Penn State, but it has been the most dangerous.

Georgia - 4 takeaways
    Virginia Tech - 5 takeaways
    Minnesota - 3 takeaways
    Ohio State - 3 takeaways
    Clemson - 3 takeaways
    LSU (before disconnect near the end of first half) - 4 takeaways

Having 5 senior CB and a senior SS means I will be starting from scratch next season. Hopefully we can get one more win and send them out with a championship ring.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Damit brave why do you have to bring up that game :( that was half my turnovers on the season haha. I think I can also attribute my turnover differential as a big reason why we will be playing in a bowl this year. 2nd in the nation at +15 just behind Penn State and one spot ahead of Alabama. Anytime you can find yourself up in any stat with teams like that, you have to be happy. Though, I also think my conservative play calling was a huge part of the low turnover numbers as well. I am losing both my Senior CB's and a SR SS so I'll be looking to some CB's to step up (definitely thinking about moving a WR or two over if they have the necessary attributes in the coverages).

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Also I remember Killernuts doing this in one of his stories, and I thought it would be fun for all of us to maybe do something similar- which is the whole "draft analysis" of some of your top players.

CB - Spencer Alexander
    Alexander showed a great ability to "play on an island" all season. His adequate speed (91 sp, 95 acc) combined with his 76 awareness really made him a smart and instinctive player. He doesn't have prototypical size at 5'11 171, but he has shown he can play and may find himself as a late round selection.

DT - Kelechi Schultz
    Schultz is an interesting prospect, when he WAS in the game he was a force for Minnesota. Sadly, Schultz only played about 3 games all season due to broken tailbone. If he can bounce back and have a good bowl game look for Kelechi to get a shot as an undrafted signee on a team.

QB - Nick Watson
    I know some may be surprised by this guy, as he is only a 78 overall player, but he is a great "field general". He has a good enough arm for a west coast offense, and has the acceleration to escape pressure and break the pocket to either buy time to find a receiver, or run with the ball. The main thing that I believe will land Nick on an NFL team is his decision making. Watson's stat line for 2017 was: 54% completion, 2,224 yards (in a run heavy offense), 17 TD's to 2 INT's. There's my case for Mr. Watson.

(assuming some of the Big Boys might have more prospects than I, hahaha)

15. Wick36

Your team catches everything!

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I think all but 1 or 2 of my takeaways were on interceptions.

CB1 Hall 6 picks
    CB2 Wright 3 picks
    CB3 Shuler 7 picks
    SS1 Caldwell 3 picks
    FS1 Wallace 3 picks (I think)

The above list is from memory so may not be 100% accurate and it does not include interceptions from LSU game, due to disconnect.

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

damn thats alot

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I don't think any of my cornerbacks had 10 pass deflections, or as the secondary coach refers to them "drops". :)

19. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Good to see those bastards won't be back next year for game 1 in Happy Valley.