Hey New Guys ...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Dec 26, 2011.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

How's the game playing for you?

It's normal to get touched up a bit early, but I thought I'd ask how we're holding up. I see there's some success out there. Any serious frustrations we can help with?

2. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

Other than the transfer fail (which is still happening after being booted and reinvited) everything seems to be okay. I was looking for competitive and that's what I've gotten so far. I'm 0-2, but lost both by a TD. As far as gameplay I'm finding rushing yards hard to come by. I've got a good RB but the yards are tough. That coupled with the fact of playing behind has me throwing the ball a lot. Against the CPU I had 10 drops and numerous passes that whizzed by receivers heads. I've posted in the film room about pass defense against the CPU. They torched me from every angle and I couldn't get them off the field on 3rd down.

3. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Couple things I like to do:

Run Game - Heisman cheats. It's like they always know the play call or something. But, if you know this, you can (sometimes) work it to your advantage, at least in a small way. I will often call a pass when I intend to run, and then audible at the line. It's no solution or anything, but I find it gets me a few looks that make running a bit easier. I do it maybe one in five times I want to run the ball. Also, I find running much easier with a fullback. From the gun, I typically run from weak sets, either by running a counter when one side is overloaded (say man coverage against a trips look) or a buck sweep (find this one in the Trio HB weak set and the Wing Trips HB Weak set). But more than anything, I run the Power O - just get behind that pulling lineman and lean forward on the stick.

Passing - Our QB settings are a bit weak, I think. To counter, don't throw while moving, and only zing what you have to. We miss quite a few throws otherwise. Still, plays are there, and good reads can lead to big games - it just ain't real easy. Try setting WR catching to Conservative in the settings, so they'll drop fewer balls. You can do the same for the big run setting, to prevent fumbles. I find the best way to get ahead and stay ahead is to possess the ball and limit mistakes.

Hope that helps.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

My biggest tip would be learn to read the defense. Learn what cover 3 looks like compared to cover 2. Also learn the little things that the CPU does that gives away man defense. Also like Dude I only audible to a run play at the line.