HH: Head Coach Hirings

Discussion in 'Heisman Hopefuls' started by cadepetty247, Jul 17, 2013.

1. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Since we are creating coaches and not ourselves as coaches, I thought it would be cool to start a thread and give some background on who you hired......

• Like Like x 1
  2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Dorsey Back AT THA U
    - Miami,FL The Miami Hurricanes have announced their head coach hiring for the 2013 season. Former Hurricane QB and National Champion Ken Dorsey will now lead his former team at the head coaching position. Dorsey made it to the NFL playing for several teams, but has been recently served as the quarterbacks coach for the Carolina Panthers. Dorsey has set many records at Miami as a QB. Now the former Heisman finalist will need to set some records at the head coaching position. The question around campus is: Can Dorsey actually handle to coaching duties or is this a marketing move??? ​
    TIME WILL TELL!!!​

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I hired myself lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Derrick Brooks Leaves GM Position, Will Coach Seminoles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tallahassee, FL -- The Florida State Seminoles got some great news this morning. Former FSU All-American and soon-to-be NFL Hall of Famer, Derrick Brooks, announced that he will be stepping down from his position as the Tampa Bay Storm's GM to become the head ball coach at his alma mater. Brooks was definitely amoung the top list of potential coaches in the eyes of FSU's interim AD, Vanessa Fuchs. Fuchs, along with plenty of Seminole fans, was not on board with the hiring of coach Loren Lazaroe, a D-II coach for three years at Nicholls State University. When former AD Randy Spetman stepped down a week ago, Fuchs and fans alike saw an opportunity to make the switch. Brooks comes back to Tallahassee after a storied college career here, and in Tampa as a member of the Buccaneers. He tells the Tallahassee Democrat that he is already red hot on the recruiting trail, and can't wait to bring this program back to national prominance.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  5. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

i made me... HS coach gets called up from OC at a private school to take over for Beamer at VT... doesn't make for a very "sim" news headline lol

6. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I hired myself as Head Coach...Transferred from D Coordinator at Auburn.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

The Buckeyes announced new head coach Anthony Ferrone after the surprising resignation of coach Urban Meyer. Meyer was forced to step down due to health concerns and OSU did not feel comfortable handing the job back to Luke Fickell. The Buckeyes made an unexpected decision when hiring Meyer's replacement, going with the athletic director of a Cleveland area high school. Anthony Ferrone is known as a great teacher and he is an X's and O's coach that lives in the film room. Coach Ferrone also shares offensive and defensive similarities with coach Meyer so the Buckeyes will continue to use a spread offense and a 4-3 defense. His connections in the Cleveland area will strengthen the Buckeyes recruiting in that area, while the assistant coaches focus on other key areas.