Hiding a Thread ?

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Gyrene76, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Question:

Is there a way to hide a thread with Mod Rights? It would help out with some logistical issues I'm having.

My problem:

I do a weekly College Gameday and due to its length and content it takes almost 3 hours (http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/gameday-week-2-in-austin.40130/).

I don't like putting up the unfinished product, but because of time constraints I have to. I would be nice to be able to hide the thread from those without mod rights that way I could work on it and not ruin their experience by seeing things earlier than they should.

My solution:

Obviously being able to hide it would be great. Is that a possibility with this forum @Shaun Mason?

Thanks fella

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    My solution:

Use Notepad

:)

3. alemic

alemic Walk On

@Gyrene76

Before you actually go into the thread, and you can see all the ones posted. You should be able to delete the thread. It will not remove it from the database completely (at least the stickied thread I deleted is still there) and then you can undelete it later when you are done.

Hope this helps

4. Gyrene76

Great idea alemic. Thanks man. I saw that option, but wasn't sure if it would delete it permanently.

And I was actually doing it that way. Since I suck at html or bbc or whatever it is, lol, I kinda would mess up the formatting a bit. I'm sure its elementary to you, but i kept doing something wrong. I would fix and finish it though.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Sorry, I was kidding. I honestly don't have a way to do it easier for you Josh.

6. alemic

alemic Walk On

Nope I just tested it again deleted threads seem to stick around here for some reason

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I used to have this problem a lot Josh lol, and basically I just did what Shaun said. Put the code in notepad and then copied and pasted it back to the thread...

but the deleting of the thread would work well too, never thought of that

8. Gyrene76

Hey man, as long as it stays around thats what I'll go with.

And Shaun, notepad was actually the only thing I could do until alemic told me that. lol, there is a ton of code that ends up being in that.

9. Gyrene76

yeah, bro, it works pretty well. I just did it. Its nice

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's because you guys don't have the ability to hard delete things. That way if a commish turns douchebag he can't cover his tracks.:)

11. alemic

alemic Walk On

Well here's to praying nobody uncovers all the Shame to Fame dirty secrets lol

12. Gyrene76

Good news!