(Highlight Vid) S3W4: Redskins vs Giants

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by HotRod, Mar 5, 2013.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Redskins Escape With OT Win Over Giants

Last season, the Redskins were responsible for eliminating the Giants from playoff contention. In this early season matchup, the Giants were looking to get a measure of revenge as well as control of the NFC East. Right out the gate the Skins had a big pass play when RGIII connected with TE D.J. Williams. They couldn't capitalize on this however and had to settle for a field goal. On the ensuing kickoff, David Wilson would return it for a touchdown to give the Giants and early 7-3 lead. On the Redskins next drive RGIII would throw his first INT of the season as he waited to long to deliver the ball to his target. The Giants would immediately strike when Eli Manning found a wide open Brandon Boss for a TD. The Redskins would get a special teams TD of their own when Darrion Landry took the kickoff to the house. After a defensive stop, the Redskins would regain the lead on a 1 yd Ben Tate TD run. The Redskins would threaten again but RGIII would throw his second pick of the game on good coverage by CB Chris Johnson.

Eli Manning would connect with Brandon Boss for the second time to put the Giants up 21-17. The dynamic Redskins offense would have a quick answer when Pierre Garcon took the top off the cover 2 and then evaded the defender en route to the end zone. Eli would throw his first pick late in the 2nd quarter and then RGIII would lead a touchdown drive capped off with a TD pass to D.J. Williams to extend the lead to 31-21 at the half.

The Giants would get back in the game in the 3rd quarter when David Wilson took ran a draw for a TD. RGIII threw his 3rd pick on the subsequent drive and the Giants would score again immediately to regain the lead 35-31. Their lead would then be extended on a FG and the Redskins found themselves down 38-31 in the 4th quarter. RGIII would throw his 3rd TD pass of the game, this time to Nate Washington to tie the game up with 6 minutes left in the game. Eli Manning would lead the Giants down the field and Ahmad Bradshaw would finish the job with a great draw run play and the Giants were up 45-38. In a situation that he is very familiar with, RGIII would have to lead his team back late in the 4th quarter. It seems like he relishes this moment. He was calm in the pocket hitting different receivers working his offense down the field and then snuck it in at the goal line for the game tying TD. With little time on the clock the Giants were not going to take any chances and kneeled it down to take it to OT.

The Giants would win the toss and get the ball first. After a short completion, Manning would make an ill-advised throw into coverage that ended up being intercepted by Tanard Jackson. Two plays later, RGIII would take a read option to the end zone for the game winning TD. This was an incredibly entertaining game between NFC East foes. Both teams had issues all game stopping each other, in the end RGIII came out with another comeback victory and the Redskins are now 4-0 in sole possession of 1st place.

GG Matrix Monkey
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Soundtrack is slappin! (y)

And the Redskin train rolls on. Nice W Rod.

3. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

Really entertaining game. Do you make videos for work. The video was excellent.

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Thanks, man. No I don't do anything video related for work. Just really learning on the fly. Played around with some new transitions for the vid to give more of a sports highlight style. To be honest it's more of the program I use doing the work than me really. Just finding new features as I go and incorporating them in my vids.

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Great videos, i like this transition a lot.

But i might be in the minority, all the videos you have done, i can't stand the music, i usually turn off sound :eek:

6. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Good thing I'm not worried about pleasing everybody with my music choice! ;)