(Highlight Vid) Wildcard: Redskins vs Lions

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by HotRod, Feb 6, 2013.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Feb 11, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Redskins advance in the playoffs with a 48-31 win over the Detroit Lions. This win was sparked by 7 forced turnovers by the Redskins defense. Washington got up early 21-0 thanks to an early fumble return TD and two TD by RGIII (throw and run). Lions would get back into the game when RG3 got a little careless with the ball on consecutive drives throwing INTs which Detroit would take advantage of. With the gap closed to 21-17, Griffin would find Fred Davis for a TD to widen the lead to 28-17 going into the half.​
    The second half would see the teams trade TDs in the 3rd quarter. In the 4th, the Lions just could not make the plays to overcome the Redskins as Stafford would throw a couple of picks as well as WR Walker Stream fumbling the ball. Redskins will next travel to Seattle to take on the #2 seed Seahawks.​
    Robert Griffin III: 21-35, 322 yds, 3 TD, 2 INT, 38 rush yds​
    Josh Morgan: 6 catches, 131 yds, TD​
    Santana Moss: 5 catches, 78 yds, TD​
    Tanard Jackson: 6 tackles, 2 FF, INT​
    Matt Stafford: 21-35, 333 yds, 3 TD, 4 INT​
    Calvin Johnson: 6 catches, 101 yds, TD​
    Walker Stream: 5 catches, 94 yds, TD​
    GG Anthrax78

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Jun 15, 2012
    What a game! That fumble with 5 minutes to go was probably so frustrating for you Anthrax78.... This game was much closer than the final score. GG to both of you. I need to figure out this whole capture device thing because watching highlights is pretty cool.
  3. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Aug 7, 2012
    Almost as tough as my game with you a couple weeks back.;) Turnovers kill but I couldn't ever get the lead and felt like I was chasing the Skins the whole game. GG HotRod and nice video too!