Historic Teams NOT Playable Online

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by JFace907, Sep 17, 2011.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Another blow for NBA 2K12. With old roster, no rookies, and now no historic teams, online play is looking VERY bleak. I know they don't really have to do with one another, but just the way online is being treated right now I'm suddenly becoming VERY skeptical of Online Association. I hope i'm wrong...

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

hmmm, not sure how I feel, im not really into the whole historic team thing, i used them maybe 6 or 7 times all of last year.

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Until the lockout gets resolved, online (ranked/unranked) games are limited to old rosters only which i don't like. This is going to a be a great game on the court, but when a lot of play time is done online, i really don't like knowing i'll be forced to used old rosters ONLY for it.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Historic teams are meh to me for online play. No big deal. And because of the lockout 2K can't legally update the rosters, so once again, I have no problem there. I will enjoy this game regardless, these two issues weigh absolute zero in my mind.

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Wouldn't you agree though that online play now almost needs the Association to be legit or this game is basically NBA 2K11.5??

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Online play needs better servers over an Association mode if you ask me. I'd be way happier if they fixed the server issues this year and implemented an Association mode next year, rather than have a glitchy Association mode this year before they improve the servers. But granted, I didn't play much online last year, haven't ever really played online for 2K.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Edited. All I will say is that with that rookie class last year, who cares if they are in or not? ;)

8. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

Rookies mean zero to me as well.....I dont think any will have an impact....i would assume we could create a roster doing most anything we want....I found a few great created rosters that I used for 2k11

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

My argument is simply that with a roster that won't be updated (no draft day trades or the Hickson trade among others), i just don't see 60 dollars worth of improvement to this game. I think this is why Online Association is a MUST. If its not for real, i'll keep my 2K11 and just keep updating through 2K Share. Save 60 bucks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Its not their fault the rookies are not in, its the NBA's selfish players' and owners' fault. They don't own the rights to use those players' likenesses. Whatever trade you are referring to will take about 5 minutes to correct.... no patch needed.

NBA 2k is not a video game, its a basketball sim. Basketball sim fans are very excited for the changes they have come up with. Video game fans have a hard time finding any differences between the two.

The best thing about 2k basketball? Gameplay is on point and people only can find little things to complain about. Worse thing about 2k basketball? The gameplay is on point so people find little things to complain about. <-- Comment is not directed to any one person but to a majority of the people's posts I have read on multiple forums. Don't worry, I've posted this on those forums as well.

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

First off, I'm not blaming 2K at all for the not updating rosters or including rookies.

Trust me, i LOVE the additions they have made in regards to the Sim aspect of the game. But i simply don't play this game offline enough to justify spending 60 dollars. If i was a guy who could spend hours upon hours in association, i would have no problem forking over this game. Seeing as this is a community based on online gaming, you can see why online with UPDATED rosters is a must for me. If there was even a system in place where rosters were unlocked in unranked matches (FIFA was like that, you could play with WHATEVER roster you had saved on HDD) i could justify playing unranked games and just playing you guys in scrims every night. Even playing with Historic rosters would be great online as a change of pace as well.

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

I don't understand where you're coming from here. Have you seen the developer insights and gameplay videos? Everyone who has played it ahead of release has said they can't go back to 2K11 because 12 is so much better. I'm going to play offline for 24 straight hours after I buy the game lol

13. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Like i said in my previous post, i've always been a big online gamer. Thats 85-90 percent of my play time. I love playing unranked games with you guys and the occasional rando. I just have a hard time playing with teams that are 8 months out of date in said matches. And lets just be real here. As i've told many guys in my NCAA league (before i sold the game); I'm going into this 3 week spell wanting to buy 3 games (Gears, FIFA, 2K) and i've only got money for 2. So i'm going to GUARANTEE i spread my 120 bucks to games that will be in my disc tray for a LONG time (FIFA has already shown me that it will).

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]

By the way, 2k never officially said no to online legends. Just didn't want to get into a back and forth so I left it alone.

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Oh snap JFace

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Last time i trust pasta lol

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Legends will be available for online play per DLC. Will link the thread later.