History has been made...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Abominatrix, May 31, 2012.

1. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Natrix, Cavs Win 48th Game

After Virginia's rally to win against Clemson at home, Coach Abom I. Natrix surpassed a milestone no one thought possible. In 5 seasons, coach Bud Wilkinson and his Oklahoma Sooners went on a 47 game winning streak between 1953 and 1957, only stopped by a 7-0 loss to Notre Dame. The NCAA record was never threatened substantially - until now.

After losing a tight contest to Coach Michael Woodward's Kansas Jayhawks at home, no one expected the Cavaliers to go on a tear like this. Those Cavaliers would go on to win an Orange bowl, while a true freshman quarterback watched from the bench in his redshirt year. That quarterback was Brandon Powell, a 5-star, #1 prospect at his position from Marysville, Ohio. Earlier that year, he had decided near signing day to sign with the Cavaliers over the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Washington State Cougars. Powell and his recruiting class didn't know what was in store for them when they inked their letters of intent.

After winning a very close position battle over then-(RS)Sophomore Brian Johnson, Powell started his own journey as the Cavalier signal caller, not realizing how important his presence would be to the team. Through constant practice reps and an unmatched chemistry with his head coach, Powell went on to a lucrative passing career, twice setting NCAA records for Passer Rating in a season (currently 230.6), and never losing a game. Of course, help came from a top ranked and highly recruited team around him, which saw Bednarik, Biletnikoff, and Thorpe winners come and go, among others. The offenses featured explosive wideouts, complete tight ends, and dominant running backs, in what was a scary-prolific pro-style attack.

Powell and the 2015-2017 Cavaliers won 3 ACC Championships, 3 BCS bowls, and 2 National Titles, while going an astonishing 42-0. After the 2017 BCSNC season, Powell was faced with a decision. He could go to the NFL, where he would surely be taken 1st overall, or come back to Charlottesville for his senior season. However, after UVA's national championship win over the same Kansas team that Powell watched beat the Cavaliers years ago, Powell eagerly told reporters, "I'm coming back. There's something these upcoming seniors need to do for Coach".

The 2018 Cavaliers came into the season with huge expectations, not that they were unfamiliar with it. These Cavaliers knew they had a huge game early in the season that would either make or break their win streak. UVA had to travel to Starkville to face the #3 ranked Bulldogs, in what was widely considered the toughest environment in which to play in the NCAA. In a gritty, old-school game that saw punishing run defenses and few big plays, the Cavaliers emerged victorious through a 51-yard last second field goal after Powell led them down the field. The win marked #46, and the Cavaliers would stomp the Syracuse Orange's face in 31-0 to tie the record.

The Clemson game would mark the most important game on the schedule (as it usually did for the Cavaliers - Coach Natrix would always prepare twice as hard for the Tigers), because a win would vault the Cavaliers into the record books. The game was very close at the half, with the Cavs up 3 and the Tigers receiving, but a strong defensive effort and some big plays in the running game would see UVA pull away, and after the clock hit all 0s, the stadium went berserk. Natrix, Powell, and the 2018 Cavaliers would win their 48th consecutive game, breaking Wilkinson's Sooners' record.

When asked about his accomplishment, Coach Natrix only said one thing, "We've got North Carolina next week, so we're going to focus on them."

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Looks like my dynasty is going to have to start giving random steroids tests....And by random, I mean Virginia.

3. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

I think the NCAA maybe needs to start looking for recruiting violations.

Good job Abom. You have played some stiff competition thru that stretch and I gave it my best shot to stop that run and couldn't get it done even on my home field. My hats off to you.

You better start scouting that WSU squad because Roy has those guys looking good. Really wish I could watch that one because that's where all signs are pointing at the BCS Championship game.

4. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Well, I think if OSU and WSU both go undefeated, I won't get a shot at the BCSNC this year if I'm fortunate enough to go undefeated as well....can't wait for dynamic pitches in NCAA 13 >_>

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012