Hitman's Mid-Season Prediction's AFC

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by bjbdahitman, Mar 31, 2012.

1. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

So the season is past midway, and I was thinking about who will be in the playoffs and who’s “on the bubble,” and so I thought I would put together a team preview for the teams who I think will make it. Hope you enjoy. This segment will be only the AFC…

[​IMG]

Miami Dolphins: Rec: 6-2 1st in the AFC East

The Dolphins have what it takes to win a Super Bowl. A balanced offense, and a top 10 defense. They rank 6th in the league in rushing, and 13th in passing. Reggie Bush provides the speed, and Daniel Thomas is the bruiser. Not to mention they are 4th in the league in T.O. differential with a +8. That has a lot to do with QB Matt Flynn who has the 2nd best QB rating in the league, and a possible MVP candidate. They do not turn the ball over very often, and if you win the T.O. battle, you usually win the game. It also help’s to have a dynamic WR in Brandon Marshall, who’s size and strength is rare to have in the NFL. Add in a top 10 defense and you have what it take’s to win it all.

My Prediction: I think the Dolphins will win the AFC East, and win at least 1 game in the playoffs. They could even with the AFC…

[​IMG]

New York Jets: Rec: 5-3 2nd in the AFC East

The Jets do what the Jets always do, they play solid defense. Their defense ranks among the top 3 in the league in almost every defensive category. On the offensive side of the ball Shonn Greene is currently the 4th leading rusher in the league. They play Jet football, they ground and pound, they are ranked 3rd in total rushing yards in the league. They like the Dolphins do not turn the ball over, and rank 3rd in the league in T.O. differential, with a +9. Plaxico Burress add’s a huge target for Sanchez in the red zone, and Holmes is the speedy deep threat, not to mention Dustin Keller, who excels at pass catching. This team is deady on both side’s of the ball.

My Prediction: I think the Jets will be in the playoffs in a wild card spot, and upset the home team in the wildcard round. Ultimately they will get knocked out in the divisional round.

[​IMG]

Cincinnati Bengals: Rec: 6-2 1st in the AFC North

The Bengals are a young, up and coming team. With probably the ORTY Andy Dalton at QB. He has been extremely affective. Add in rookie A.J. Green who is 2nd in the league in receiving yards, and you have a tandem that will be around for awhile. They currently rank just out of the top 10 in YPG, but they are 6th in the league in passing yards. They traded for RB Dexter McCluster, who is their speed back, and still have Cedric Benson for the power role. Their defense is lead by MLB Rey Malaluga who leads their team in tackles. Their defense is much like their offense, young. Their defense ranks right around the middle of the pack in the league.

My Prediction: The Bengals will make the playoffs, but lose their 1st game. Not sure weather they will pull out the division or not. I don’t think they can hang in facing tough defenses like the Dolphins, or Jets. Just my opinion.

[​IMG]

Pittsburg Steelers: Rec: 6-3 2nd in the AFC North

The Steelers have their leader in Ben Rothlesburger, who is currently 6th in the league in passing yards. They also have a balanced RB in Reshard Mendenahall, who has the speed to take it to the house, and also the power to finish on the goal line. Mike Wallace is a huge part of their offense. He is a freak of nature with lightning quick speed, and solid hands as well. He is 3rd in the league in receiving yards. The defense is like they always are, a top 10 unit. They are led by LB Lawrence Timmons who leads the team in tackles, also has 2 sacks, 3 FF, and 3 INT’s. Oh, they also have guys named Harrison, Polamalu, Hampton, and Woodley. The best LB unit in the league. They can go as far as they let themselves.

My Prediction: The Steelers destiny is in their hands, they have the best LB’s in the game, and a pretty solid offense. I would say they will win at least 1 game in the playoffs , and I predict them to take the AFC North.

[​IMG]

Baltimore Ravens: Rec: 5-3 3rd in the AFC North

The Ravens, are like the other 2 teams in the North, they have a solid defense, and balanced offense. Led by Joe Flacco, this team has the potential to win it all as well. Flacco is 9th in the league in passing yards, although he has thrown more INT’s than TD’s. They also have RB Ray Rice who is right outside of the top 10 in rushing. Their leading receiver is TE Ed Dickson, who ranks 4th among TE’s in the league in receiving yards. Their defense is around the top 10 in most categories, and have the ultimate pro in Ray Lewis leading that unit. The defense is aging, with guys like Lewis, Reed, and Redding. They also have the best 3-4 defensive lineman in the league IMO, in Haloti Ngata. Add in the master of sacks, Terrell Suggs, and you have one of the most potent D’s in the league. They are however at this point just a middle of the road team, with a lot of upside.

My Prediction: The Ravens will finish 3rd in the North, and miss the playoffs this year.

[​IMG]

Houston Texans: Rec: 6-3 1st in the AFC South

The Texans have a nice mix of youth and experience on their roster. Led by QB Matt Schabb, who has the 4th best passer rating in the league. The Texan offense is as balanced as you can be. Ranking right around the middle of the league in all major categories. They have a prolific RB in Arian Foster who averages over 6 YPC, and is ranked 16th in the league in rushing. They also have arguably the best WR in the game in Andre Johnson. Their defense is solid all around, with 2 dynamic pass rushing LB’s in Mario Williams and Connor Barwin, not to mention ILB Brian Cushing, and DeMeco Ryans. They also have rookie J.J. Watt who is looking like a dominant DE for years to come. They have a top 10 defense in the league, and rank 2nd in rushing yards allowed. Also they rank 2nd in the league in T.O. differential at +13. They have a lot of upside.

My Prediction: They will win the AFC South, and win at least their 1st game in the playoffs. They could win the AFC…

[​IMG]

Tennessee Titans: Rec: 5-3-1 2nd in the AFC South

The Titans are led by RB Chris Johnson, who is one of the fastest players in the league. He ranks 2nd in the league in rushing, and could possibly take the rushing title. The Titans offense ranks 4th in the league in YPG, and overall they would be a top 5 offense in the league IMO. They moved WR Kenny Britt, and have stocked up on draft picks for the upcoming draft. Jake Locker has taken over the reigns at the QB position, and has been very effective. He ranks 3rd among rookies in passing yards. Their defense is mediocre for the most part, and they rank about the middle of the pack in the league. They traded their best defensive player Michael Griffin. All in all the Titans offense will win them games. They can go as far as their offense takes them.

My Prediction: The Titans could be a wildcard team, or a team that just misses it.. I don’t think their defense can compete with some of the more rounded teams in the AFC, that have both good defenses and offenses.

[​IMG]

Kansas City Chiefs: Rec: 9-0 1st in AFC West

The Chiefs have been pretty good on both sides of the ball this year. They are lead by RB Jamall Charles, who is the leading rusher in the league. Matt Cassel got benched for Kyle Orton in week 3. Orton has did enough to keep the Chiefs winning. They are young and talented with Dwayne Bowe, and Jordan Shipley at WR, and one of the best OL’s in the league. They have a top 5 offensive unit. Their defense has played well most of the year, ranking 1st in points allowed, and 2nd in rushing yards allowed. They have a top 3 defense in the league at this point. Led by Derrick Johnson, they have a lot of speed on their team. Guys like Flowers, Berry, Houston, Hali, and Hall are the core of the unit. Also adding guys like Tommy Kelly who leads the team in sacks with 7.

My Prediction: Chiefs will get a 1st round bye, and win 1 game in the playoffs. They will not win the AFC unless they can be more balanced.

[​IMG]

Oakland Raiders: Rec: 5-3 2nd in AFC West

The Raiders are led by RB Darren McFadden on offense, who averages over 5 YPC on the year. They have had trouble with inconsistent QB play out of Terrelle Pryor, and that has landed Carson Palmer with his starting spot back. They have tons of speed on the field with WR’s Darrius Heyward-Bey, Jacoby Ford, and Danarious Moore. They are young and fast on offense, but they rank towards the bottom half in most offensive rankings across the board. Their defense has been through many changes, trading away Stanford Routte, and Tommy Kelly, two big names from their unit. They have also added Courtland Finnegan, who is much better than Routte. Their defense is lead by veteran Richard Seymore, and they also have LB’s Kamerion Wimbley, Aaron Curry, and the beast that is Rolando McClain. As a unit they rank in the top half of the league, and rank 4th in the league in passing yards allowed. They have pleanty of upside.

My Prediction: The Raiders will miss the playoffs because of their lack of consistency on the offensive side of the ball.

• Like Like x 5
  2. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

I will do the NFC soon... took a lot more time than I though it would... I was waiting on more content... Then I thought... I could make some myself... Hope you guys like it...

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Awesome job man

4. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Great Job man and you might be right about Steelers winning the division they beat me today

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Nicely done, and yes people don't realize how much work it takes to make content and try to make it something everyone will enjoy. Glad to see some others getting involved in the content aspect, it's easy for people to criticize others content they do until they do there own. Once again great job and looking forward to seeing what you say for the NFC. (y)