Hitman's Mid-Season Prediction's NFC

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by bjbdahitman, Mar 31, 2012.

1. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

Alright here’s my midseason preview for the NFC

[​IMG]
    Washington Redskins: Rec: 6-3 1st in NFC East

The Redskins are led by rookie RB Roy Helu, who ranks 7th in the league in rushing yards. They added QB David Garrard during the end of the free agent period. Garrard has had trouble taking care of the ball, and currently has thrown 4 TD, and 10 INT. Their leading receiver is Leonard Hankerson, who is averaging almost 23 YPC. The defense is a talented one, having tremendous speed at CB in DeAngelo Hall, and also having a solid safety unit in Laron Landry, and O.J. Atogwe. They also have a veteran ILB in London Fletcher, and 2 young pass rushing OLB’s Brian Orakpo, and rookie Ryan Kerrigan. Their defense ranks right in the middle of the league in most categories. They have a solid unit on defense, and their offense is improving.

My Prediction: I think the Redskins will miss the playoffs, because of how stacked the NFC is. I don’t think they can win the division.

[​IMG]
    Philadelphia Eagles: Rec: 5-3 2nd in the NFC East

The Eagles have more speed than they know what to do with. Led by RB LeSean McCoy who ranks 6th in the league in rushing. This potent offense has been great at times, but QB Micheal Vick has made some bad decision’s with the ball at times. They have two young speedy WR’s in DeSean Jackson, and Jeremy Maclin. Not to mention a pretty solid OL. The offense ranks 8th in rushing yards, and around the middle of the league in all major categories. Their defense lacks a solid linebacking core. They are led by the best CB trio in the league, Nnamdi Asomugha, Asante Samuel, and Dominique Rogers-Cromartie. They also have a solid defensive line with vertans Jason Babin, and Cullen Jenkins in the middle, and DE Trent Cole, who is one of the best at his position in the game. Their defense ranks 4th in the league in points allowed, but the rest of their rankings are around the middle of the league. A lot of talent on both sides of the ball, the Eagles control their own fate.

My Prediction: The Eagles will have to win their division to get in the playoffs, and if they do they will not win a game in the playoffs due to Vick’s inconsistent play.

[​IMG]
    New York Giants: Rec: 5-4 3rd in the NFC East

The Giants are led by QB Eli Manning, who leads the league in passing yards. They also have a nice RB tandem in Ahmad Bradshaw, and Brandon Jacobs. Their receiving core is one of the best trios in the league. Led by Hakim Nicks, they also have an emerging star in Victor Cruz, and a solid number 3 in Mario Manningham. Their OL is good in spots. They rank top 5 at least as a unit on offense, and 2nd in the league in passing. A solid offensive unit, mixed with one of the best defense’s in the league equals a chance to win a division title. Their defense is lead by Justin Tuck, and Jason Pierre-Paul, and they are probably the best DE combo in the league IMO. They added in rookie Colin McCarthy via trade, and made some other moves to get a little younger. They have a solid defense in general, with a lot of depth at the CB position. Their defense ranks in the top 10 in most categories.

My Prediction: The Giants will make the playoffs and lose their first game. They will win the NFC East.

[​IMG]
    Detroit Lions: Rec: 5-3 1st in the NFC North

The Lions are led by QB Matthew Stafford, and WR Calvin Johnson JR. Stafford ranks 3rd in the league in passing yards. That has a lot to do with Megatron who leads the league in almost every category a WR can. He is a beast, and IMO the best WR in the game. They also added WR Wes Welker who is also one of the best in the league. They rank in the top 5 in all major categories on offense. Every one on that side of the ball contributes, but mainly their offense is centered around Stafford and the passing game. This is a young and very talented unit. As for the defense, they traded away their top player in Ndamakong Suh, so now they center their unit around LB Stephen Tulloch. They also have added S Michael Huff from the Raiders. They rank around the bottom of the league on defense. They have solid safeties, but lack DL, and depth at LB.

My Prediction: The Lions will win the North, and possibly 1 game in the playoffs depending on who they play. They have a high powered offense, but I don’t think their defense can win them a title.

[​IMG]
    Green Bay Packers: Rec: 5-4 2nd in the NFC North

The Packers have IMO the best QB in the game in Aaron Rodgers, who has the 4th best QB rating in the league. They have a lot of weapons at WR in Steve Smith, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, James Jones, and Randall Cobb. By far the most deep receiving core in the league. However they still rank right around the middle of the pack (no pun intended) in most offensive rankings. On the defensive side of the ball they rank towards the bottom of the league in most categories. Which is kind of surprising with some of the names they have on that side of the ball. Clay Mathews, B.J. Raji, Charles Woodson, Nick Collins, Tramon Williams, A.J. Hawk, Keith Bullock, and even added a solid DE in Kendall Lankford. As a unit they have the talent to win a Super Bowl, the question is can they play like it.

My Prediction: The Packers will miss the playoffs due to their mediocre play on both sides of the ball. They have all the talent in the world, and I might eat my words on this one.

[​IMG]
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Rec: 8-1 1st in the NFC South

The Bucs are probably the best team in the league. They are led by QB Josh Freeman, who leads the league in QB rating with an astonishing 120 rating. He also ranks 8th in passing. They also have one of the best young RB’s in the league, Noel Devine, who ranks 5th in the league in rushing yards, and averages over 10 YPC. Not to mention the have power back LaGarrette Blount. They have made trades to acquire WR Kenny Britt, and still have the young up and comer Mike Williams. They rank 1st in most categories on offense. The defense gives up a lot of yards, but not points. I would rank them around a top 10 defense, and have stellar CB Aqib Talib. They also acquired rookie CB Jimmy Smith who has 6 INT’s on the year, and have the INT leader in the league S Tenard Jackson with 8. They have the youth and talent on the DL that could take them all the way, oh and it helps that they lead the league in T.O. differential with a +19.

My Prediction: The Bucs will win the Super Bowl. They will take the South, and the South is by far the best division in football.

[​IMG]
    Carolina Panthers: Rec: 6-3 2nd in the NFC South

The Panthers are led by rookie QB Cam Newton, who ranks 7th in passing yards in the league. They are very balanced on offense, and RB DeAngelo Williams ranks 4th in rushing. They traded away Steve Smith, and acquired Greg Jennings, who ranks 9th in the league in receiving yards. They also have acquired WR Stevie Johnson, and have Greg Olson at TE, a very potent offensive. As a unit they rank among the top 5 in the league. On the defensive side of the ball they are led by MLB Jon Beason, who ranks 4th in the league in tackles. They have a lot of youthful talent on defense. Guys like DE Charles Johnson, S Charles Godfrey, LB James Anderson, newly acquired CB Derek Cox, and veteran CB Chris Gamble. Their defense ranks 6th in points allowed, but they rank right out of the top 10 overall. They have the makings to go deep in the playoffs.

My Prediction: The Panthers will make the playoffs and win until they meet the Bucs. If they were in the AFC, I would pick them to go to the Super Bowl. I just think the Bucs are too tough.

[​IMG]
    Atlanta Falcons: Rec: 5-4 3rd in the NFC South

The Falcons are a solid team led by QB Matt Ryan, who ranks 2nd in the league in passing yards. They also have a tough bruising RB in Michael Turner. They WR core is a good one, Roddy White, and rookie Julio Jones provide both the deep threat, and the ability to run the check down routes. The best tandem in the league IMO. White ranks 5th in the league in receiving yards. Add in a solid OL, and you have a solid top 5 offense in the league. On defense they are led by veteran DE John Abraham who leads the team with 7 sacks on the year. They are young all around on defense with guys like LB Sean Witherspoon. Unfortunately their defense ranks towards the bottom of the league in most categories. This is probably due to the tough NFC South. There is pleanty of upside for this team though.

My Prediction: The Falcons could take the last spot in the playoffs, depending on if they can beat out the Saints for it. There will be 3 teams from the south in the playoffs. Just don’t know which one’s. If they make the playoffs they will lose their 1st game unless they play someone from another division.

[​IMG]
    New Orleans Saints: Rec: 5-5 4th in NFC South

The Saints are led by QB Drew Brees, who is one of the top QB’s in the league, and ranks 5th in passing yards. They also have a solid rookie RB in Mark Ingram, who is 4th among rookie RB’s. They have Darren Sproles for speed, and also Pierre Thomas, who can do it all. Their receiving core is strong, with TE Jimmy Graham who ranks 3th among TE’s in receiving yards, WR Robert Meachem, Devery Henderson, and Lance Moore. They trade Colston to the Bills, and also Carl Nicks to the Chiefs. They are acquiring a lot of draft picks for the upcoming draft. As a unit they rank 10th in passing yards, but most other rankings are around the middle of the league. On defense they are led by S Malcolm Jenkins, who leads the team in tackles. They also have veteran LB Johnathan Vilma, and rookie phenom Martez Wilson, who will most likely win the DRTY award. A solid DL with Franklin, Smith, and rookie Cam Jordan. Their defense is about like their offense, they rank right outside of the top 10.

My Prediction: The Saints will either not make the playoffs, or they will have to beat out the Falcons. Like I said 3 teams will make the playoffs from the South IMO.

[​IMG]
    Seattle Seahawks: Rec: 5-4 1st in the NFC West

The Seahawks are led by rookie QB Ryan Mallett, who ranks 2nd in QB rating among rookies. They have a solid bruising RB in Marshawn Lynch, who averages almost 5 YPC. They have WR Sidney Rice who ranks 5th in the league in receiving yards. Add rookie Doug Baldwin, big Mike Williams, and TE Zack Miller, and you have a pretty nice start to a solid passing game. The offense ranks around 13-15 on average IMO, but they are 6th in the league in passing. The defense is led by DE Red Bryant who is 2nd in the league in sacks. They are very young at LB with LeRoy Hill, David Hawthorne, and rookie K.J. Wright. They secondary is lead by S Earl Thomas, who has the speed and covering ability of a CB. The defensive unit ranks 2nd in points, 3rd in yards, and overall I would say they are a top 5 defense in the league.

My Prediction: The Seahawks will win the not so tough West, and lose their 1st round wildcard game. I don’t think they have the roster to compete with the rest of the NFC teams.

• Like Like x 8
  2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Good assessment on both sides of the league and as I said really like the fact that others are getting involved with content (y)

bjbdahitman

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    bjbdahitman

Great job. Doing content goes a long way with me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nice work bjbdahitman, you've been churning out the content lately. I can tell you put a lot of time into it.

5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

bjbdahitman great work manee! Glad you have some confidence in my Giants. I think I've got enough to take this division, but I need to start being more consistent.

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Great work bjbdahitman! Even if I don't agree with your assessment!

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Sadly, I agree with your prediction. My crappy QBs and OL are finally catching up to me after a fast start.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Bucs for the superbowl win!

• Like Like x 1
  9. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

The Saints have the toughest remaining schedule I doubt if we sniff the playoffs this year.

10. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

Honestly matrix, I forgot what team you were... Wish had I known you were the Skins, I think you have a good shot at the division