HK :: League Watch, Ep. 2

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Cimmy24, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Hard Knocks
    League Watch

[​IMG]

Last time, the Bottom 5 Teams were detailed including Washington, Green Bay, Carolina, Oakland, and San Diego. This time, we will take a look at a few more times that will be picking at the front end of this years HK Draft.

[​IMG]

6. New England Patriots

The Patriots have turned from an annual threat to win the AFC, to a bottom feeder that is looked over in the division. New England has been able to excel in the passing game, with the 6th ranked passing offense, but are near the bottom (31st) when it comes to the run. The offense struggles to score points, but can light it up through the air. However, interceptions have plagued QB Ryan Mallett who has 18 INTs to his 9 TDs. Regardless, the offense should be potent. The backfield combination of Ridley and Vereen is a good 1-2 punch to have behind a mediocre offensive line.

Defensively, New England is a trainwreck. They are in the Bottom 6 in every category on Defense and struggle in a division that finds success offensively. There is not much to say with this Defense, as on paper, they should be much better than what they've shown. Injuries have hurt them, but there should be enough depth to make up for that.

DE Kenneth Howton - Georgia Tech

I think New England will address their Defensive Line, before addressing their Offensive Line, and that solely is due to the success that the rest of their division has in the running game. They need someone to create havoc in the trenches, and Howton can be that guy.

IF THEY MOVE UP
    New England could grab one of the OTs if they move up far enough, and that is where I would see them going. Regardless, OL and DL is what should be the first pick for the Pats.

IF THEY MOVE DOWN
    If New England falls, look for their pick to move inside along the Defensive Line, and that would be in the form of Nevin Pinnacle of Michigan State, or Adrian Middleton of Alabama. I think Middleton would make more sense for this team regardless, but judging by the amount of success HBs are seeing outside the tackles, containing that should be their top priority.

[​IMG]

7. Cleveland Browns

Give the Browns credit, they have made the best out of a dismal financial situation and done well managing their roster. It even shows in how they lead the league in Pass Yards. Which would be fine and dandy, if they weren't dead last in Rush Yards.

HK's Jekyll and Hyde, Cleveland's offense is so ugly it's beautiful. If that makes sense? Chuck Machado has lit up the air yardage wise, but is hurting with 24 INTs to 10 TDs. Anton Boatwright seems to have been the most consistent option with Machado being injured, but no stud stands out for the Browns.

Injuries have also plagued the run game, as Geno Markus has not seen much time in his sophomore season. I think with Markus healthy, this run game is a different animal and I believe the ownership is happy with the backfield, despite the ranking.

Defensively, this team struggles as they are Dead Last across the board, except for their pass defense, which ranks 27th overall. This comes at a major surprise given the ownership. Defense is their biggest downfall, but they have the personnel in place to do well, they just need to execute.

QB Gianni Cardona - Boise State

Now, I'm not sure this will happen. I am not sure at all how this ownership feels about their current QB situation, and could look to ride them out. However, Cleveland has not had a household name at QB in quite some time and if Cardona falls into their lap, I believe he would be hard for them to pass up.

IF THEY MOVE UP
    If Cleveland moves up, I would not be surprised to see this same move be made. If they move up far enough, offensive line could be addressed to try and help the run game, or a HB like Parker could be put in place as well.

IF THEY MOVE DOWN
    If they slide down, I believe they go defense. Sure, they could grab a RG or another weapon on offense such as TE Javonta Grove, but DE Tavadis Coleman is a rare 3-4 DLineman in this draft and they could grab him to add strength to that side of the football.

[​IMG]

8. Detroit Lions

The Lions make up another part of a pretty dismal NFC North. They've been able to pass the ball well, but struggle just about everywhere else. The Lions do lack depth at some crucial skill positions, and have been smacked by injuries to Stafford and Bush.

The defense is no longer the fierce Detroit D we are used to, and the combination of Suh and Fairley has lost its luster. They could use another DE, as well as an OLB to help build the defense as well.

DT Adrian Middleton - Alabama

There is no way this ownership would pass on one of the best DTs in the draft and a member of the Crimson Tide. Middleton is a creator of havoc and could really accelerate this defense towards the Lions of old.

IF THEY MOVE UP
    DT Middleton will be a hard one for this team to pass up, but if they had to look somewhere, TE ReShawn James could be another option higher in the draft, or even DE Kenneth Howton.

IF THEY MOVE DOWN
    Look for them to take either OLB Evan Levingston or another WR or TE weapon for this offense.

[​IMG]

9. San Francisco 49ers

San Francisco has had one of the better defenses and that shows on paper and in their statistics. Offensively, they struggle more than you would imagine. Anquan Boldin is getting old, as is Vernon Davis. The Weapons are slowly becoming less and less effective. HBs Trayvon Lauderdale, Kendall Hunter, Marcus Lattimore, and Lemichael James have been less than stellar for this franchise.

I found this one to be pretty easy.

TE Jovanta Grove - Georgia Tech

Another Yellow Jacket joins the NFL, this time TE Jovanta Grove begins his journey as the predecessor to Vernon Davis. I said this was easy, because if it isn't TE, I strongly believe it is WR here. Grove fits this offense and adds to a team that struggles to find depth at the TE position

IF THEY MOVE UP
    I think this team would love to move up. The further they do, the more likely they are of gaining a great weapon on offense. Whether that be ReShawn James or Pablo Parker, this team needs explosiveness.

IF THEY MOVE DOWN
    If they drop, WR Sexton Brooks and WR Corwin Francis become a much more viable option.

[​IMG]

10. Minnesota Vikings

Rounding out the "Bottom 10" are the Minnesota Vikings. This team has struggled on offense and gotten by on defense. It has been unclear whether the Vikings are sticking with Markar or not, as he was benched for Tebow this past season for a short period of time.

However, the rest of the offense looks to be talented and I believe this ownership likes where they are there. Defensively however....not so much. The LBs and secondary are not only strong, but fairly deep, particularly at LB. The defensive line....it needs work. Minnesota acquired many picks in this draft and they could be looking to address as many needs as possible.

QB Cortez Simmons - Ark. Pine Bluff

You can't tell me that a team that benched their QB for Tim Tebow, even if for just one game, really has that much faith in their QB situation? Cortez Simmons could be the answer the Vikings are looking for, and I find it very hard to believe they would pass on him here.

IF THEY MOVE UP
    If they move up, they could really take a look at Cardona over Simmons, but it is a neck and neck race. They are more likely to take DT Middleton from Alabama to sure up the defensive line, or even take a TE like Grove or James to give Markar a solid weapon.

IF THEY MOVE DOWN
    If Minnesota falls, I think they begin to look at the offensive line and the defensive line. Not only is Nevin Pinnacle still available, but so is DT Dareyon Sharp and RT Javier Limon.​

• Like Like x 5
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    If Cortez is there I will crap myself

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Might wanna get some Depends old man

• Like Like x 2
  4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

Lions won't go DT, book it.

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Sounds like you could do some content too

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I'll be surprised if he is too lol

• Like Like x 2