HK :: League Watch, Ep. 3

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Cimmy24, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Hard Knocks
    League Watch

[​IMG]

Now that we are out of the Bottom 10 teams, we get into the group that are still fighting for Wildcard Berth in the Playoffs. These teams will look to continue their strengths and adjust their minimal weak points, if any. Depth will be more of an option here, as well as looking into the future.

[​IMG]
    11. Houston Texans

The Texans are a very interesting team, as they have an owner that can win and has had success in the past, but has been struggling to find victory this season. However, they are not out of the hunt by any means. Although a Wildcard spot is unlikely for this team, the Division is still within reach.

Houston has been a successful offensive team, with Top 10 rankings in Total Points, Yards, and Passing Yards. The run game has been their downfall, but they have the weapons to make up for that. Defensively, this team has struggled, but have found more success against then run as opposed to the pass game.

A big part of Houston's success has been QB Ben Roethlisberger, but it seems he could be looking for work at the end of this season. Colt McCoy and 2nd Year man Tres Hedgspeth are the next in line, but both have yet to prove themselves. They both possess strong arms, but are not ideally accurate. However, whoever it is under center for Houston next year, should have a very strong arsenal in their pass game.

Arian Foster is going into his final year under contract next season, and the ownership has openly been shopping Tate. However, they are both great HBs that can produce, especially behind an offensive line that is good, not great, across the field.

Defensively, this team has talent, but have not been able to execute. The biggest question mark will be at SS moving forward as Daniel Manning is running out of gas, but does have another year on his contract.

QB Todd Hammond - Alabama

With their likely to be a new starter under center for the Texans next year, I believe Hammond makes the most sense for Houston here. Colt McCoy and Hedgspeth will still be given the opportunity to fight for the position, but Houston should move forward with Hammond. He is a stud on campus and nationally for the Crimson Tide, and was up for the Davey O'Brien Award before losing out to Gianni Cardona. He is a household name across the country, and that will translate to a very hyped up fan base, no matter where he lands.

IF THEY MOVE UP
    If Houston finds trouble going forward, I think QB is still the way they go. Now they just begin to fall into position for Cortez Simmons or even Cardona, but that seems unlikely.

IF THEY MOVE DOWN
    If Houston goes on a strong run into the Playoffs, and in the Playoffs, look for them to address some depth needs. SS, WR, or OL could be where they go. Yet, don't be surprised if they go HB no matter where they pick in the 1st Round, but I believe HB is their 2nd or 3rd Round target.

[​IMG]
    12. Baltimore Ravens

Baltimore is in a similar boat as Houston, as they likely can only make the Playoffs by winning the division. Unfortunately for Baltimore, that division includes the high scoring Bengals. Keep an eye on this Division, as the Bengals have essentially gone MIA.

Back to the roster discussion, this team has been average all over the board. They don't excel at any aspect, but they aren't embarrassingly terrible either. What is most interesting, is this team has some resigning to do along the offensive line. Particularly at RG and RT. I'm not sure they will be able to get both, which could make this an easy pick.

However, you have to look at the defense. Baltimore is known for their Defense, and they are going to have needs to fill. Defensive End and OLB could get very interesting for Baltimore going forward.

DE Tavadis Coleman - Illinois

DE is the likely pick for Baltimore, with Canty being an injury waiting to happen, and the other DEs not panning out, the Defensive Line will need bolstering. Coleman is a rare BEAST 3-4 DE and should get scooped up quickly.

IF THEY MOVE UP
    If they move up, I still think Coleman is the pick. Again, 3-4 DL is rare to come in during a draft, and Coleman is a unique breed.

IF THEY MOVE DOWN
    If they move down and miss out on Coleman, look for Baltimore to address the Offensive Line. Yanda and Oher are in need of resigning, and they may not be able to get both. RT Javier Limon or RG Dave Jean-Louis would be the likely picks in that case, depending on who is unable to return to The Charm City.

[​IMG]
    13. Arizona Cardinals

At 5-7, the Cardinals are one of those teams that are a bit of a surprise, especially with an offense that has not performed well, even with All-Everything Peyton Manning at QB. The defense has been whats kept this team together, and it is a very talented one.

The Cardinals have openly expressed their displeasure in their running game, and have Larry Fitz who is getting to the end of his NFL Lifespan. The offensive line is one of the best, which should be a non-issue for Arizona.

TE Marquan Saint - Tulsa

This draft is pretty talented at the TE position, and that is something I think teams could grab in the 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th rounds if it is a concern. For Arizona, it adds to the offensive weaponry for the QB position going forward. I don't think their is a QB worth taking here, if the draft pans out as I have laid it out thus far. If Peyton is gone, which he likely will be, Lindley could take over, however I think it is more likely they go with Pennix. He seems to be the QB of the future for Arizona.

This is where they will give him something to throw to, and I think a good TE to grow with is perfect for him and the organization.

IF THEY MOVE UP
    If the Cards climb, that opens them up to some of the other TEs available. Ideally, Arizona would LOVE to get their hands on Pablo Parker, but I don't see them getting in range to scoop him up.

IF THEY MOVE DOWN
    If they move down and loose out on the Top 3 TEs, I don't see them grabbing one late in the First. I'm just not sure there are any that are worthy apart from the Big 3. This could be a HB or WR if they drop down in the order.

[​IMG]
    14. St. Louis Rams

The Rams have played well on both sides of the ball, but have not been able to finish games. Jake Locker has been a surprisingly good addition for St. Louis and looks to be their Franchise QB. The Rams do struggle a bit in the run game, but it isn't due to a lack of talent.

Defensively, this team is loaded. They're thin at the MLB position, but Alva has been a great addition. Unfortunately, he is the only true MLB on the team.

St. Louis is loaded all over, and could trade this pick away for anyone looking to move up or get back into the 1st round.

MLB Traivon Snead - Ohio

This pick is simply made due to the lack of depth at this position, but it could easily be addressed during FA. Snead is the best MLB in the draft and would make for a fierce LB group to get ever nastier.

IF THEY MOVE UP
    They could look to grab another weapon in the run game, but that could be along the offensive line.

IF THEY MOVE DOWN
    They could look to grab another weapon in the run game, but that could be at HB. Deja Vu huh? This team is stacked and this draft pick will depend solely on their resignings and Free Agency.

[​IMG]
    15. New York Giants

The Giants have excelled since being purchased, and have done well making a statement in the NFC. Look out for this team going forward, especially in the NFC East.

The offense is clicking under QB Korey Ryan. The run game has been a bit of a concern, but they've also under performed on defense. Age is yet again becoming a factor for New York and they will look to address those concerns in this draft and free agency.

DT Nevin Pinnacle - Michigan State

The defensive line will be a big target in the draft. With Wilfork, Tuck, Ninkovich, and Kiwanuka all coming to the end of the line, this should be their first area of concern. I think they would prefer DE, but not sure at 15 there would be anyone worth going for. Pinnacle would add depth behind Linval Joseph and Johnathan Hankins, but likely wouldn't be a starter, at least for this year. He would rotate in very nicely and keep the pressure fresh.

IF THEY MOVE UP
    I think they would address the DE concerns with a higher pick, but that would ultimately only be obtained early with Howton, which I'm not sure they could get unless they crack the Top 10 and begin making moves. TE would be the next area to address with a better draft pick and getting closer to the Big 3.

IF THEY MOVE DOWN
    I think they'd be able to address their concern at DE with a later pick as well, scooping up 2nd Round Projected DE Eduardo Campos. They could also look at HB, or maybe grab some Offensive Line help.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Cimmy24 great work with these man, awesome job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Love to hear someone else's insight into my team's future. While I disagree on the direction of my team, it's a great read!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

So you think you're going backwards? Faith man faith

5. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

People aren't picking for depth when they have holes at starting position in the top 15 Cimmy! Rams have 3 young studs at LB, no way they got MLB in the draft. Alva is Jmustang's man crush

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Be a Mel kiper to my McShay

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Looks hot Cimmy. I have Snead in another league. I wants

• Like Like x 1
  8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Good Stuff

I am waiting to see which QB the Steelers are projected to pick so i can go scout him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

lol I see i'm not the only one using these threads as a scouting tool.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I try to go off the projected rankings, as to not give away too much, but I'll try to throw in some tid bits where I can.