HK Media Days: Cincinnati Bengals

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by controllerabuser, Aug 20, 2012.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

CINCINNATI BENGALS
    [​IMG]
    Who concerns you the most of the 3 users in the AFC North? Team wise, who gives you the most problems? I don't know much about a whole lot of the HK users, but in terms of sheer talent, I'm most concerned with Papa Perry and the Baltimore Ravens. Put Ray Rice in stripes, and he's my favorite player in the NFL. An elite running back and an elite defense are always worrisome, and Baltimore has both. Anyone who follows the AFC North knows it's always a dog fight, and the division crown always comes down to a great running game and even better defense, and the Ravens have both.
    Can you win the Super Bowl this year? If not, what do you need in order to do so? After a playoff appearance in 2011-12, we absolutely have the talent to win the Super Bowl if we catch a couple breaks. Realistically, we're still a very young team with a handful of holes. Leon Hall is going to have to come back from a devastating injury and return to Pro Bowl form. Rey Maualuga is going to have to step up and become the player he was in college at the next level, or he's going to lose his job. Taylor Mays is really in the same boat after essentially being thrust into a key position. Going to need a secondary threat to step up in the passing game as well, whether it's from the tight end of wide receiver position.
    Have you suffered any key losses since last season? Even with his arrest last season, Jerome Simpson had a very solid (under the radar) year opposite of A.J. Green. Someone is going to have to fill the void and simply be productive in the passing game. Bobbie Williams is another big loss after being a stalwort of the offensive line and excelling in the running game.
    What if any major additions have you guys had since last season? Dre Kirkpatrick and Kevin Zeitler are huge additions at positions of need via the draft. Travelle Wharton is another guy who we were looking at as a key addition at the guard position. We're definitely going to see if Terrence Newman and Jason Allen have enough gas in the tank to help the secondary, too.
    How would you grade your draft? Was there anybody that you felt you reached on? Any players you think would have like to have gotten? Can't complain about our draft. We added multiple impact players at positions of need. Kirkpatrick and Zeitler are definite fits. We took a lot of heat for opting for Zeitler over DeCastro, but we really feel strongly that Zeitler is a better fit for our system. I'm not sure if Mohammed Sanu is the right fit opposite of Green, but we will certainly find out fast.
    Is there anyone during training camp that has disappointed you? How about impressed? Terrence Newman has been a very good third corner, and having Newman and Adam Jones on the roster is going to be huge for us. Our receiver battle is clearly the one of interest, and Armon Binns and Brandon Tate are really stepping up. Marvin Jones has been extremely productive, as well. Andrew Hawkins is a weapon in the slot, but we need Jermaine Gresham and an outside receiver to step up big time to avoid being one dimensional in the passing game.
    You've replaced Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson with Andy Dalton and AJ Green, what is the difference between the duos and have they met your expectations? Carson and Chad were extremely productive for us, and for that we are thankful. Andy and AJ met and exceeded our expectations last season, producing at a high level from the get-go. We'd like to see the trend continue, and we feel that Andy and AJ are the type of guys who will continue to work their butt off to be the best in the business without drawing attention to the franchise for the wrong reasons. AJ is an incredible talent, and Andy is as underappreciated as it gets. We're going to let the play on the field speak for the franchise, and that's a little bit of a change from years past.

• Like Like x 6
  2. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Thanks, controllerabuser. I'll have to jump on an interview here in a couple weeks when my schedule loosens up a whole lot.

• Like Like x 2