HK Media days

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by publik drunk, Jul 24, 2014.

1. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Jun 21, 2013
    With alot of new and returning owners thought it would be a good idea to do a CFB style media day to get to know everyone and their expectations for their squad. If you would like to do a mock press conference and answer a few questions that would be sweet. I'll get things started:

Reporter: Publik Drunk, there has been alot of controversy surrounding the team this off-season. The previous owner was arrested and lost control of the team because of substance abuse, and the league approved the sale to you, whose name would suggest your not any better equipped to run a franchise. Your thought?

PD: I understand where the criticism is coming from, but I assure you I will lead this franchise in a way that will make the league and city of Indianapolis proud. Do I party? You bet, but c'Mon man I'm no idiot. I'm a billionaire, after a few drinks there are plenty of people I can call to come pick me up. I'm a responsible drunk :)

Reporter: You take over a franchise that has a young QB that was touted to be the next big thing. However in his brief playoff experience he has struggled taking care of the football. Do you see this as a long-term problem? What do you think it will take to get him over the hump?

PD: First off Andrew is a very special football player. He has the skill set that if put in the right circumstances he could be a hall of famer. That said the playoffs are a very different animal. Not going to lie, I have been extremely nervous before every playoff game I have made as an owner in the past, palms sweaty on the sticks everytime. I believe we will get through this with experience, and hopefully win a couple and compete for a championship. This can't be all about Luck though, we have to surround him with the right pieces especially defensively in order to get to where we want to be.

Reporter: Now that your application is approved and your apart of one of the best leagues out there, what do you feel you bring to the table? What can you contribute to the leagues success?

PD: I feel like the number one thing I can bring is my passion for the game and overall enthusiasm. I'm a newer owner and I still have alot of room to grow, but I'm willing to do what it takes and make myself available to learn from some of the best owners out there.

Reporter: What are your expectations right out of the gate in year one? Your taking over a team who has made the playoffs the last two seasons. Do you feel you will build on that? Or take a step back?

PD: This league is tough. We have alot of work to do to compete in a tough AFC and especially in our division. To be honest a playoff berth year one would be a very high goal to set, but don't see it as unattainable.

Reporter: What kind of game plan do you plan on rolling out? How do you plan on winning games.

PD: Good question. In the past I have always relied on a strong defense and conservative offense to be successful. This cycle we are lined up with a really good passing attack and an average defense. Something is going to have to give, I plan on playing to our strengths early on, but I have never been the one to win in a shootout. This could be a big adjustment for us. Well thanks for the time everyone but I gotta go party with Dirk, Chandler Parsons, and Mark Cuban now. You guys have a good night.
    • Like Like x 8