HK S1 Preseason Dark Horses

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by G_T_G, Jul 23, 2014.

1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

HK S1 Preseason Dark Horses

So now that the dust has settled and, for the time being, we have our divisions squared away, let's take a premature look at who are the dark horses in each division.

Maybe these teams/owners aren't the favorite to win (I don't know if any of them are), nonetheless, I am going to tell you why they CAN win.. and, hopefully, at least one of them will PROVE ME RIGHT!

[​IMG]

AFC WEST
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - thegman2.0

Everyone knows how cool of a guy sporty is. He is everyone's best friend in the league. However, our good friend sporty has seen plenty of problems on the field. Turnovers, questionable draft selections and inconsistency have plagued his teams in the past. WHO CARES.

It's 2015! For all we know, Sporty has been labbing 24/7 365, and have each one of our names on a bulletin board madden hit list.

The Chiefs have the talent. This could possibly be the year that Sporty sees his favorite team to the promised land.

I know we will all be rooting for him.

AFC SOUTH
    HOUSTON TEXANS - pitt4life21

Pitt is one of those smart-asses (Hi _MG_) who talks a big game but RARELY.. and do I mean RARELY.. backs it up on the field (;))

He has landed with his favorite NFL team once again, and lord knows he is ready to rock n' roll this time around.

The Texans drafted arguably (very arguably) one of the best and most hyped defensive players coming from the college ranks in recent memory. Clowney is looking to successfully team with Watt, and together they could be game changers for this franchise, and for Pitt's playoff chances.

The QB situation is still iffy at best, but everything is bigger in Texas.. and I think Pitt's chances of making some noise is a lot bigger and better (if that even makes sense) than what many may believe.

AFC EAST
    MIAMI DOLPHINS - thirdalarm

With the Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin fiasco out of the picture, the Dolphins are looking to come back and find success after an excruciating and criticism filled 2013-14 season.

With Third behind the wheel of this franchise (one of the real good guys of HK) you can expect all of the scumbag crap to stop in South Beach. There will be a renewed focus, and it will be solely on winning football games.

It doesn't hurt that he's got one hell of a defense at his disposal. That defense could carry them to the top of the AFC East.. and beyond.

AFC NORTH
    PITTSBURGH STEELERS - bigtubb_

I don't remember the last time the Steelers started off as ghastly as they did last season. The Burgh was not used to seeing their gridiron heroes trumped so often to start the year.

But guess what - there is a new head honcho in the Steel City.. and it is a man who has had plenty of success previously in HK.

Tubb is not only a tremendous player on the sticks, but he is a GM who can build a team from the ground up to have the talent to compete for YEARS. God knows the old ass Steelers need to be rebuilt.

Sure, all the talk may be about Johnny Football and Moorehouse (sp?) on the Browns, or Jerzey coming back to reign in Baltimore.. But, I tell you what, you can't count out THA STILLERS.

[​IMG]

NFC WEST
    ST. LOUIS RAMS - Zikry

Zikry, TSO's favorite Egyptian, is back in the saddle with his beloved St. Louis Rams.. and boy, does he have some toys to play with.

By now, you may have heard how nasty this Dline might be for the Rams.. well, I am here to tell you that it is not a "might" or a "maybe"... IT WILL BE DAMN GOOD.

The rookie (and beast) Aaron Donald will join the likes of Quinn, Long and Brockers (...and Michael Sam....) to make one hell of an unholy combination in the trenches.

Zikry is a veteran and will also get the Rams offense going with his experienced play calling. Now, if only Sam Bradford can stop being a gingerbread man, the Rams can find themselves competing in one of the toughest divisions in all of the NFL.

NFC SOUTH
    ATLANTA FALCONS - DC

Welcome back old friend! DC (or BK.. or hogfan.. or Derek... whoever you are these days) may have been gone... but he has not been forgotten.

The Falcons were incredibly disappointing last year, but this is the NFL.. you can swing things around in a blink of the eye, and I wouldn't count Hotlanta out of it this year... not by a long shot.

DC still has talent on this team, and when he is on, he is one of the BEST in the HK ranks.

Look for a creative offense, a tight defense, and a renewed sense of hope in Atlanta this season.

NFC EAST -
    DALLAS COWBOYS - BobJr

Bob is one of those guys who has literally gotten better and better every single release. I expect no different this year.

The Cowboys might have been tremendous failures in recent years in real life, but they still have a good roster, and with a master GM and skilled player (who has a real passion for the Boys', mind you) leading them, I think the era of Jerry Jones jokes are coming to an end.

If Bob doesn't compete in year 1, look for him to make moves to stock up on draft picks, and load up for the future where I can GUARANTEE he will win the East multiple times this release.

NFC NORTH -
    DETROIT LIONS - Shaun Mason

Shaun is taking over a Detroit squad with real talent, but who has been inconsistent, hurt and undisciplined in previous years.

I expect Mr. Mason to change the culture of the Lions into one that looks to compete against Cole, MG and CA on a yearly basis. This is one hell of a division, and I think it's gonna be a toss up most years - so why not Detroit?

With Stafford, Megatron, Suh and Fairley, he has the all-pro talent on both sides of the ball to make some noise in the NFC North. If Glass-Matt can stay in football games, there is no reason why the Lions can't stay in the hunt for at least a wildcard spot.

Detroit may be crumbling, but I expect Motown's football team to be fortifying into a legit contender, and Shaun will be leading the way.

• Like Like x 14
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Love it G_T_G

Follow up with it throughout the release..keep us updated man!

• Like Like x 1
  3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I think im gna change my username again....

4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

"The artist formerly known as DC"

• Like Like x 2
  5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

was thinking of going to something like

GTGMGBKDEREKCDCHOGFAN

6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

That's pretty catchy.

7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Good job on this G_T_G hoping I can stay competitive against the powerhouses of this division

8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Is that Russian ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

GTG-MG-BK-DerekC-DC-HOGFAN

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I vote Sperty.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

nah but I thinking we need to have thegman2.0 go back to SPORTY!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Just go with "Hog fan" - its got a cool, ambiguously gay ring to it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Way to similar to your vibe.

14. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Lions, Queers and Bears oh my. Nfc North is a 2 team race.

15. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah, between Shaun and CA.

• Like Like x 1
  16. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

that's right zero to hero about time