HK self progress report

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by xxkimura, Jan 30, 2014.

1. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

SO halfway threw s3. What are some things you were able to achieve with your gameplay and roster to this point? What will you work on in the future?

ATL Falcons -
    Offensive line - arguably had the worst line in the league s1, have drafted 2 quality starters while filling in the other 3 spots with FA. 5 new players starting and my run game finally has life.
    Ryan's INTs - had the most in the league s1, have stopped forcing passes and trying to lead pass my way out of any coverage (somewhat)
    Get younger - usi, T-Gon, roddy, and asante were the core of the team in s1, a strong draft while developing young FAs I like my teams future with good young talent.
    Going forward I would like to sure up my secondary, a lockdown corner or elite PR would be nice. Joe Haden?

• Like Like x 2
  2. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

Feel free to use it as a toot your own horn thread like I did

3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Quite simply - bad. I will elaborate later.

4. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

run the ball if you can to avoid ints and get the league my man and mixed with zone and man to man defesne vs this guys ok that's my advice throwing it is tough man I know it is

5. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Good:

I have improved my offensive line to be better run blockers.
    I have a solid core of receivers around Brandon Marshall.
    I drafted a young CB to replace Tillman previously with Jennings taking over the #1 spot. This has worked out nicely.
    Defensive line has developed into a force.

Bad:

I overpaid Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler given that I don't throw the ball too much (and am not good at it).
    I anticipated Peppers retiring by now.. he didn't. He is making $20 million this season.
    My safeties have terrible hands. It was a mistake locking them in to long term deals.
    Pass game needs to be improved to be more balanced.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

PROS:
    - The upgraded offensive line has played well. Too much pressure than I would like and the run game hasn't been great, but they have gotten the job done. The 3 interior OLmen were all one in FA.
    - I was able to resign Eric Weddle for cheap to a 4 year contract, which should mean he will retire a Charger.
    - Despite building a brand new and expensive stadium with very little in terms of funds, I have been able to keep my funds in the black, albeit barely.
    - The passing game has been a positive. Currently 1st in the League in Passing Yards, 2nd in the League in Total Yards, and 3rd in the League in Points Scored. Interceptions have become too consistent lately, but Rivers has an 86.4 Rating through 8 Weeks.

CONS:
    - 2-5 Record
    - Despite keeping the Funds Positive, they are scary close to negative numbers and any week could drop to a disgusting negative.
    - HB Tamiani has been good, not great averaging 4.8 yards a carry with 6 TDs to this point, but him, along with others have seen too many fumbles. Turnovers have killed this team.
    - Defense is giving up too much. Maybe it has been our opponents, but it has been a disappointment, especially defending the run.

7. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

PROS:
    *A breakthrough is imminent, and we will get a damn win. Can't go 0-16 in a video game right?
    *Even though I lose, bi-daily....I still look forward to each advance, shout out to Sony and EA for making a good product.
    Back to football though,
    *I think our roster is better top to bottom than the defaults. Spent money in FA to get young studs such as Chris Culliver, Alterraun Verner, Adrian Clayborn, Cam Thomas...Traded away aging player and acquired a pick for young guys. Got two young quality Wideouts for Bobby TRIPLE-O G to throw too. Signed key player to long term deals, Fred Davis....Re-signed Alf and Bobby to long term deals that will keep them Skins for the rest of the cycle., if I choose to. Built depth at the O-Line through draft and FA (AVR PBK 84, RBK 86)...Made the best out of not have a #1 pick for two drafts due to the hard-on that the previous regime had for Bobby, standouts include Adam Brathwaite (Who may get another chance to start), and John David Rarizza. Picked up a STAR in Dwayne Allen from FA this season, 25 y/o 6' 3", 255, from Clemson, 84 catch, 85 spec. catch, 80 release, 82 run block (Dual threat)
    *Put the best team MONEY could buy together for the City.
    *Stay competitive regardless of the score, no quitting, no ez exploits for the sake of attaining that elusive Dubbya
    *Re-Built the stadium, it looks soooooo vibrant in 1080 P HD on a 55" LED Samsung 3D TV, IJS

CONS:
    *Skins don't perform like the paper rosters says they should
    *Tried to be inventive and acquire a low leveled coach, should have went big name.
    *Signed Bobby Triple O G so now that bonus makes him damn near untradeable.
    *Poor record
    *Hiring Carroll to OC, should have kept Shanahan

• Like Like x 4
  8. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

PROS:
    * Was able to get Luck and Richardson signed so Ive got the core of my offense.

* Offensive line has improved greatly from season 1 and with acquiring Webb (via Trade) and Boone (via FA) the line has settled in and improving.

* Got lucky with having a fairly new stadium with it rated 5's across the board so I am able to spend money on players and coaches.

* Finally started improving in the passing game. After 40 ints in season 1 it had to get better. Sitting at 9 after 8 games so that is some improvement.

CONS:
    * Dropping 2 straight while adjusting from "Pistol Gate" hurt.

* Was unable to keep TY Hilton this year. His high asking price and the fact I had to resign several other top players unfortunately made him the odd man out.

* Defense is not getting the pressure they were in season 1 and its hurting us on the back end with pass coverage. This must be addressed if we want to do anything in the league.

• Like Like x 3
  9. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

I wish I could do one man :)

10. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

ATL continued

The Ugly -
    Brickhands - my DBs and WRs can't catch, blame the GM for going after Al Davis type prospects but catching a few INTs or big 3rd down passes would be nice.
    Lack of Pressure - Margus Hunt looked on his way to becoming a superstar his rookie year (HK S1), he recorded 16 sacks playing in under 12 games. This year he has 2 sacks in 8 and the coaching staff is scratching their heads one why he has declined so much.
    Bucs - under new ownership the Falcons are 0-5 vs TB, if they want to win the division they need to get over this hump

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

+1 for pistol gate

12. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

That's hilarious that your offensive line improved by playing J'Marcus Webb.

13. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Lol yep it was bad before that.

14. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    The New York Football Giants

Pros:
    • Talented young roster that is under contract for multiple seasons
    • Korey Ryan is the QB of the future.
    • 20M in the bank, make large profits for every home game
    • No absurd contracts holding the cap hostage.
    Cons:
    • Offensive line is average at best.
    • MLB's are old and untalented
    • Running Backs are also average.
    The overall state of the Giants is pretty good. This season, the sim season and the season following will be the window of opportunity. After that, the roster is going to have some serious turnover.

15. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Minnesota Vikings

PROS:
    • Built a talented offensive line that is 8 players deep
    • Found a great HB of the future in Kelsham Little
    • The young draft picks are getting playing time
    • Seems I found a gem in 6'7" Brian Florence. He is currently a DE but will move to LOLB with his 88 spd.
    CONS:
    • Learning a new playbook
    • My own personal playcalling mistakes, and choices (INTS)
    • Secondary is becoming old
    • Giving up on GIO