HK Show Ideas

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by BobJr, Nov 8, 2012.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Hey guys!

Myself, controllerabuser, and possibly Cimmy24 are going to be doing another Podcast..the first one of this release.

A few things we need are some content ideas you guys want to hear! (we have some in mind, but we want to section it off)

and

we need a 3 guests for 3 different segments..

Ok ready go.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Its going to be this saturday..and aired on sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Like a where are they now type segment might be cool. Highlight superstar players that have moved on from their longtime homes (MJD and Manning are two that come to mind)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I will volunteer as one of the guests if need be.

5. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Gronk segment? Nothing over the top.....say just a half hour devoted to His Gronkness.

6. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Rookie Report: all sorts of reports such as the one below on how the injured people are doing, compare some rookies to some vets, anything creative with rookies
    MVP Watch- who is having the year of their lives, who is leading the team to victory, maybe some standouts on some bad teams

maybe something over the 2 (or more) rookies that were hurt from draft class and how they are doing, i believe it was Fightmaster and Mackenzie maybe not.

Also something with this draft class. I have been MIA so i'm not sure who is where, this weekend i'll be caught up for sure though

Playoff Watch
    of course always do Division outlook

also predictions are always fun to play with, along with trade rumors (ps Titans might have a big rumor hit by Saturday)

Midseason All-HK Team, this could spark some interesting debates

and I'll be available Saturday night if you need someone to come pitch in, I know I have been MIA but I have still been following with this HK Fantasy content.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

I have 3 starting rookies on my defense if I need to rap about them I can. Especially if we want to talk about my mlb late round pick b. Carr who is making an impact early on for the bears

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    are you ok to go on friday night?

9. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I think this sounds like a great idea! I'm interested to hear what you guys come up with!

If I may make a suggestion, keep the segments short and try to move through them quickly. Maybe you guys already do that. I've just seen one of these before where it felt like it dragged on and on and I bailed after 4-5 minutes. I want to stay engaged! :D

10. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

• Divisional Breakdowns and how you think they will play out.
    • Your Top 5 to this point.
    • Surprises and Disappointments so far.

11. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

You guys know that I am down even if it is a Gronk-free broadcast. I am good for Friday (tonight).

12. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I am in, getting my drink on tonight I will be around Saturday night.

13. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Can't wait for this

14. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Just +1'ing some already mentioned ideas as well as throwing some more out there:

• Surprise team of the season (good and bad).
    • Some kind of power ranking (top 5 / bottom 5 etc) or maybe just some comments on the most current RPI rankings.
    • Early yearly award predictions (OROTY / DROTY / ROTY / OPOTY / DPOTY / MVP / COTY, etc).
    • Surprise player of the year (good and bad).
    • Maybe do a 1st half impact players (offense and defense) and predictions for 2nd half.
    • Playoff predictions.
    • Division predictions.
    • Predictions on upcoming FAs.
    • Obviously draft class review.
    • Stat leader review.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

The biggest thing I would love to see is something with the upcoming draft class. yeah.

16. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

This is an excellent idea ... and a lot of different ways you could go with this ... I'll add my two cents as this would be something I might be interested in seeing in our VFL league majesty95

- Breakdown and discuss the game of the week (that would be if you plan on doing a weekly podcast)
    - Picks for the week ... what games are you most interested in watching? What players do you expect to step up and impact the game
    - What rookies are living up to the hype and which ones have possibly been a bust so far? On the flipside, discuss players who came out of retirement
    - Like cole_copeland mentioned, upcoming draft class and who could be an impact rookie next year
    - Discuss the Pro Bowl voting once votes start coming in
    - A section for "C'mon Man" ... maybe discussing a team that got blown out that week, maybe your RB fumbled 3 times, etc
    - Record Watch ... guys who might be on the verge of breaking a record or acknowledging one that broke an individual game record

More team specific ideas (possibly reserved for the guest speakers):
    - Discuss player(s) growth ... for instance, I have Mikel Leshoure and just bumped him to Quick development and now working on improving his attributes ... the guy has really started seperating himself from the other running backs in practice and has now earned the starting job (that would have been my storyline)
    - Injuries and how they relate and affect each team especially playoff contenders
    - Position Battles ... what players should be worried about losing their starting spot and who is contending for it

A podcast before the draft would be cool but not sure how doable it would be ... definitely have rumors and spectulation as to who might be looking to trade up/down in the draft ... might be more value in doing one at the conclusion of the draft and talking about winners and losers in the draft

17. majesty95

^^^ see how excited these guys are in the VFL!?! They even forget which thread they are in. : p

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    And why are they excited?!? Hmmmm

• Like Like x 1
  19. majesty95

Cuz they love...you. Bob :D