1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

HK Team Draft Recap

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by G_T_G, Aug 8, 2017.

1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

[​IMG]

Biggest Surprise:

HotRod taking the Titans - biggest surprise without a doubt for me. I am not sure how many people suspected that is who would go #1, although maybe we shouldn't have been so surprised after all when you consider the facts. They are a young, loaded team with a lot of potential. Rod's moved over to the AFC for the first time in his HK tenure, and the Titans are a great team to begin M18 with. He's finally got a mobile QB again as well - let's see what kind of damage he can do this release with Mariota and company in the AFC.

Best Division:

NFC West is going to be the most interesting. Everyone in the division has proven they can make the playoffs (and more) and it should be very competitive. Although teams like the Rams and 49ers aren't equipped to compete immediately, within a season or two, their positions might be reversed with the Seahawks and Cardinals who possess older rosters. Keep your eyes on this division - anyone in it has the skills to eventually win an HK Bowl this release.

Best Pick:

I REALLY like Blazas pick of the Patriots at 20. The Patriots may seem old, but their average roster age is pretty typical for most competing teams. They are going to be very dangerous season one, and perhaps even beyond. I think Blaza got a steal of a team for picking in the second half of the draft, and he should dominate this division in year 1 while the Jets rebuild and the Bills and Dolphins prove themselves as new owners in HK.

Worst Picks:

Krobot picking the Steelers. Zero integrity.

Tim taking the Bengals. Work on that reading comprehension.

Tubb rolling with the Cardinals. McDonald's wifi internet.

What stood out to you guys?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    BIGGEST SURPRISE
    Bouncer-
    I think him taking Chargers early threw the draft into a frenzy...that seemed to be one of the sleeper teams.

BEST DIVISION
    AFC WEST-
    Sheesh that division is loaded, all 4 have won or can win 11+ games at any time. Very interesting to see who makes it out in that tough division...that's 6 hard games every year off the bat.

BEST PICK
    Blaza and the Pats- Easily the best pick. Loaded defense, offense with new toys like Cooks and a improved WR corps. Two dynamic CB's as well...

WORST PICK

Wont go worst here, but surprising in shock value was Pitt taking Pittsburgh, scurred of Rod and went to the Steelers, ewww

• Like Like x 4
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

BIGGEST SURPRISE
    UAGRAD90 -
    I was sure guy would go Giants or Raiders.

BEST DIVISION
    NFC WEST- ugh, tough division. Talk about a Black and Blue division. I won't be trading my draft picks this release.

BEST PICK
    Tie - The tie is between Bob, Guy and Blaza. The bucs and panthers fit both user play styles and the Patriots are a great value pick at 20. Although, I would have passed on those fuck boys at 21.

WORST PICK

CA - pick 5 the Patriots, Raiders, Bucs, Giants, Panthers, Broncos, Chiefs, Packers and Seahawks were still on the board.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

BIGGEST SURPRISE
    The Hat -
    Andy had multiple options to choose from, including his Bengals, a return to the Cards, the Pats (we know), getting cozy again with the Buckeyes in New Orleans.... and the ONE thing I didn't expect, was him to jump back into a division with HotRod. Bold move that I'll give him credit for... but I don't want to hear the whining.

BEST DIVISION
    NFC WEST- This division is stacked with three really strong users and a strong roster out of the gate. I hope EA made crowd noise and home field OP....

BEST PICK
    The Brothers Gates - Getting Oakland AND the Giants where they did... steals. Both rosters are loaded and these brothers will share scouting info to only improve them going forward. Also want to give an honorable mention to The Goat... he may not have made the pick, but Dolphins at 32 is insane.

WORST PICK

Tim - LMAO the Bengals? Couldn't figure out how to read a spreadsheet and thought the OL was better than it is, couldn't figure out how to read the process for delivering your pick, and is blinded by the Ross speed. Bozo.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1