HK's Most OVERPAID Players

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by G_T_G, Feb 10, 2014.

1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Hard Knocks Most OVERPAID Players

Here is a list of a few of the many players in HK that are not earning their salary.

[​IMG]

I'm scratching my head too, Mark...

1. Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears, 7 (6 left) year $93 million dollar contract, $25 bonus

With 3 games to go, Marshall only has 33 receptions for 425 yards and only 1 TD. The Bears signed the now 31 year-old Marshall to a 7-year contract extension in the previous year, and - so far - with 6 years left on this fat deal, Marshall has been coasting all the way to the bank.
    2. Calais Campbell, Arizona Cardinals, $13 million dollars

Campbell was productive the last few seasons for Arizona (13 sacks in 2013, 14 in 2014) but this season he has just 5. Despite his drop in production, he is still the 2nd highest payed player on the Cardinals this season behind Larry Fitzgerald. What a bad season it's been thus far for Calais.

3. Vince Wilfork, New York Giants, $10.3 million dollars

The Giants brought in Wilfork on a 1-year deal with the hopes that he could still perform at an elite level. Looking back to the 2013 season, Wilfork had a career best 10 sacks, 44 tackles and 16 TFL. So far this year, Vince has only garnered 15 tackles, 3 TFL and 1 sack. Talk about a big disappointment for the Giants' front office. He is also the second-highest paid player on his team this year to boot.

4. Paul Posluszny, Jacksonville Jaguars, $9 million dollars

With the season winding down, Posluszny has only made 27 tackles after finishing with 86 the year prior. He has no interceptions and only 1 forced fumble. He is the second-highest paid player on his team, but his production this season has been mediocre.

5. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets, $14 million dollars ($15 million next year)

That's right. Mark Sanchez is still on the Jets. Not only that, but he is making starter-esque money while riding pine behind Geno Smith. Mark signed a 5-year $65 million dollar contract that the Jets owner inherited, and it has one more season left after this one. That truly sucks.

6. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers, $22 million dollars

You knew this was coming. By far the highest paid player on his team (the next closest guy makes less than half of his salary), Rodgers has been nothing short but awful this season. The Packers have watched Rodgers have by far the worst season of his career as he as earned a 51.1 QB rating and thrown a career high 29 interceptions. Maybe the Packers should DOUBLE-CHECK how much they are paying this guy?

7. Charles Johnson, Carolina Panthers, $14.4 million dollars

The highest paid player for Carolina, Johnson has not earned the type of money he has gotten this season. With only 2 sacks in 2015, his numbers have dropped every season since 2012 when he had 12. That amount of production is not acceptable for a guy making that kind of dough.

8. Terrelle Pryor, Oakland Raiders, $9.17 million dollars

In the 2nd year of a 5-year $48 million dollar contract, it seems that the Raiders QB is still a project. He has as many passing touchdowns this season as he has rushing (only 6) and has a bad QB rating of 64.9. Maybe the Raiders made a mistake of locking this guy in long-term for that kind of money.

9. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens, $19 million dollars

Flacco is still cashing in from the contract he earned with his Super Bowl win. He is getting paid like an elite quarterback and, much like Aaron Rodgers, he has failed to perform like one this season. Flacco has thrown a career-high 25 interceptions and has a QB rating of 68.7.

10. Sidney Rice, Seattle Seahawks, $10 million dollars

Sidney Rice hasn't caught a pass all year. He currently is not on their injury report. I don't know what the hell is going on up there.

11. Jurrell Casey, Tennessee Titans, $9.68 million dollars

Casey has 17 tackles, 7 TFL and 2 sacks. While not awful, he is certainly not worth the price tag he currently has. Credit to the Titan's front office for re-structuring his new deal that goes into effect next season. His salary will drop down to only $3.93 million in 2016. Smart move to cut the salary of this under-performer.

12. Ray Lewis, Minnesota Vikings, $9 million dollars

Smart move by Ray to come back. He only played in a handful of games, got a nice paycheck and gets to go back to retirement next season with the money for a brand new yacht. He certainly did not live up to the defensive leader billing that the Vikings were hoping for when they inked him. It was a great comeback story at the time, and now it is a horror story if you are a Vikings fan.

• Like Like x 7
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Also... shout-out to Cole Copeland for giving Jamaal Charles a $70 million dollar signing bonus LOL

• Like Like x 2
  3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sidney Rice is the 6th best WR on the Seahawks. Hope that makes sense lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

holy shit, you let him date your sister too Cole? Talk about keys to the mansion

• Like Like x 1
  5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Ray Lewis ..Tore pec...jackass..

• Like Like x 1
  6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Ray shoulda used more deer antler spray.

• Like Like x 1
  7. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

That tends to happen in Seattle (Matt Flynn). Sign with the hawks, get paid like a 1 and sit on the bench.

8. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Gates boys = content.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

bandzzz

10. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Can't wait for Wilfork to be gone, that fatso gets tired way too easily.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

To quote the Beatles...... "Can't by me love" and I love me some Pryor.....and with the new translation of XP lets just say Pryor could have a SAC close to 90 very soon with the points I have saved. I learned ALOT today. Game on. But great stuff man.

• Like Like x 1
  12. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Same here man.. Throw accuracy is for the birds.. Too much wasted xp!

13. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

How Super Mario doesnt make this list is beyond me

14. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

It said he had like 10 sacks when I looked.

EDIT: He's got 13 sacks!!!

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Fun read, good stuf G_T_G

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

lol.....he gets paid more than a million a sack.

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I'd like to nominate Panthers TE Greg Olson for this list. Not so much that his per year salary is horrible but for the fact that he is 30 years old and just picked up a brand spanking new 7 year deal. Not sure why so body would want a 34 year old TE with 3 years left unless his name is Gonzalez :(

• Like Like x 4
  18. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

damn lol