hmmmmmm

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Aug 2, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

hmmmmmm

So I'm looking at my recruits and I see that I have a player that is visiting me the same week that he's visiting Dat. ODs allow a recruit to visit more than 1 school in a weekend?!?

I've been trying to recruit as early as possible so that I can invite guys to campus the week that I want and not worry about him visiting another school that week. Does this mean that I don't need to do that?

When does it note when the recruit is visiting a school? When we advance? When a user invites him and then saves?

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm guessing if the visit is scheduled the same week, and only uploads at the end of that week, that it's not only possible, but probable that guys will double visit.

If you and I both schedule a guy in week 5, that visit doesn't upload when we back out of the recruiting screen. It uploads at the advance. There's really no way to see who scheduled what first. Or at least I think that's probably true.

AG

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

One of you is really going to want to change it. Last year one guy would get his regular score for the visit, and the other guy was guaranteed to get an F.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    Yep, that's true.

5. jello1717

Hmmm. Firstly, that's stupid the way it's done. If I recruit first, it should update when I scheduled the visit and save it. Then if Dat recruit's later, it should then tell him when I'm inviting the kid and not allow it.

Secondly, if there's some kind of a bug with 2 people visiting the same week this could be a problem. We both have at least 2 guys visiting our schools this week and I'm done recruiting for the week so I can't change anything.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

That's not true, I live on the west coast so if we advance at midnight it's only nine my time and I can go on while you east coasters are snoozing and schedule visits to lock up your rival home games. Then again every game Notre Dame plays is against a rival. Come to think about I propose a new rule that a team can only have three rivals.:D

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I don't remember this being the case last year. I'm pretty sure when I had this happen, both teams got a normal grade for their visit. How sure about this are you Raz?

It's too bad the game doesn't have a way of avoiding this, but while it's unrealistic, I don't remember anyone getting screwed because of it.

8. jello1717

If there's a bug, there's nothing to prevent you from doing this anyway. You could lock up all of our rivals and then, when we schedule the game, we'd have to change it (or you would).

Also, I just thought of something else. If there is a bug, it would be easy to be screwed anyway. Dat and I both have guys scheduled for this week (week3), but the only reason we see that is because we both scheduled them earlier this year (in week 1 or 2).

I have guys visiting this week that I didn't invite until this week so noone else can see that he's inviting Michigan in week 3. So, if others invite my guys to visit in week 3, we'll both (or hell, all 5 of us could do it) have him visiting this week and no one would know until next week.

I'm not sure how to avoid this if it is a bug.

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

There's no way to avoid it. It happened quite often last year. But like I said, I don't remember it being "unfair" in terms of one team getting an automatic "F" or anything like that, like Raz mentioned.

10. jello1717

Here are the following guys from my board that visited multiple people last week. Can Dat and Bruce check to see if you got an "F" grade for the visit. If not, this should be a large enough sample size to rule out this bug.

G#2 M. Carr: Dat, Bruce, Me
    SS#4 J. Williams: Dat, me
    P#9 S. Johnson: Dat, me

Thanx.

11. jello1717

Here are the following guys from my board that visited multiple people last week. Can Dat and Bruce check to see if you got an "F" grade for the visit. If not, this should be a large enough sample size to rule out this bug.

G#2 M. Carr: Dat, Bruce, Me
    SS#4 J. Williams: Dat, me
    P#9 S. Johnson: Dat, me

Thanx.

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Ill check today.

13. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Nope, 3 A+'s

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I took the G off my list he had a crazy jump for ND after that visit. We all had him in but it looks like ND got the goods for the visit.

15. jello1717

Yeah. My visits will all suck this year. My only rivalry home game this year isn't until week 12 (and it's against aOSU, a likely loss) so I need to invite kids to non-rivalry games).