Hockey Talk

Discussion in 'TSHL: Tradition Sports Hockey League (PS3)' started by Nautica, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I figured I'd start up some conversation here.

I'm not sure what markets you all live in, but here in buffalo, Hockey is a big deal. I'm really missing the NHL this time of year and I really want this lockout to end. To me it's a bunch of bullshit as to why the players didn't accept the owners offer. The NHLPA is such a crock of shit. Their union means nothing to the players because if it did they wouldn't be over seas right now playing hockey. They would be at home with the other players who aren't getting paychecks. Our local radio station afternoon show was basically stating the same thing.

To me the players should take the deal that they have on the table now, because I don't think that they will be getting much more. As for the players who are off over seas playing in the KHL and Swedish leagues, If I was a player that was sitting at home holding out, I would be livid beyond belief. Unions are a bunch of bullshit and all the union exec's care about is their pockets, not the pockets of the players they represent.

In short get the deal done and lets get the damn season started already!

• Like Like x 1
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I'm from Chicago. I am not a hardcore hockey fan and really only follow the Hawks. There are lots of passionate fans here though and I know a few personally. They were depressed when they started cancelling games.

I don't know all the details of whats going on, but I really hope that they get it figured out.. and soon.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Well the Glendale mayor delayed the vote to approve the new lease on Jobing.com for a month until after the election. Typical politician move, create a disaster and push it off until after you are out of office. Kind of like Obama and my new taxes.

4. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

The Islanders announced today that they are relocating to Brooklyn starting in 2015-16 and will play in the new Barclays Center.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Is the redwing's minor league team in their area like buffalo's is? The Amerks are playing at the first niagara center till they settle the cba. I was able to catch some of the game last night and with the younger players buffalo has, they look pretty darn good. I think EA underestimated their prospects because they are tearing it up right now.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

yeah, but they aren't penguins...

7. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

The Griffins play in Grand Rapids (west side of the state, 2-2.5 hours away) but there are OHL (Plymouth/Windsor) and college teams (Michigan/MSU) within a hour from me.