HOF Class of 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

HOF Class of 2010

You know you're getting old when you see guys that you watched from their rookie seasons, or early in their careers, get inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Floyd Little was before my time, but Rickey Jackson, Emmitt Smith, Russ Grimm, Jerry Rice, John Randle, and Dick LeBeau (from a coaching standpoint, not his playing days) were guys I watched be the best at what they did.

Man, could you IMAGINE those guys all on one squad? Rickey at outside linebacker, Randle at defensive end (playing a 3-4 setup of course with Rickey's "Fearsome Foursome" background in mind), and being coached by the master of the zone blitz in LeBeau?

Then when the offense goes out, you got Emmitt in the backfield, Rice out wide, and Grimm opening holes for Smith to run through.

Congrats to that class, man. That is, arguably, the best overall class ever elected from top to bottom, in my opinion.

Any thoughts, football fans?

2. Jethro

Jethro Walk On

Rickey's hometown has sugar cane and stuff.

3. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Phenomenal class. It does make you feel old to see those guys going into HOF

4. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Did Rickey Jackson mention his hometown of Pahokee, Florida? Home of Mel Tillis, he's a country singer, I want my name on that sign. He referred to the Saints owner as Tom Boounson. Willie Roaf or Morten Andersen will do a little better on their speech as the Saints 2nd inductee.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I heard Rices was worse.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

For all his greatness, he completely read his speech. I can't stand Emmitt Smith (no offense to Dallas fans, respect him though), but I will say his speech was VERY moving.

7. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

hey winuvas u should change your avatar to tebow with the fryar tuck haircut

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

LOL....I could do that if I find a decent pic of it.