Hokie Effect- Kansas State Wildcats

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Hokie Effect, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Jul 4, 2009
    Hokie Effect- Kansas State Wildcats

Offense- Oklahoma State
    Defense- 4-2-5
  2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Oct 14, 2009
    Offense: Hokie mixed up his playcalling pretty well. He's good at running the ball, especially the option. His QB is quick so even when he doesn't pitch it he picks up good yardage. I got a lead on him and forced him to pass more than he wanted and I was able to get some key turnovers by making him more 1 dimensional. I always made sure to find his WR Banks before the snap.

Defense: Threw everything at me to stop the run. He mainly uses the 4-2-5, but I'm pretty sure he used some 4-4 and 5-2 as well. He mostly controlled his LBs, but also used his FS and SS. He played D well, shot thru the running lanes, and defended the pass well (he got a pick 6). Definitely good on the sticks.

Overall, Hokie's a good straight up player. I enjoyed our game, and it was close down to the end. I'm looking forward to the battle for the Big 12 North for the years to come, it should be a good rivalry.
  3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    Offense - Didn't run much at all, but that could have been due to him falling behind by 2 scores in the first half. I think he gave up on it early, when he did run he seemed to prefer the power-o plays. Was shotgun 3-4 wide nearly every play in the second half and he shredded my defense. He drops back about 5 yards on most shotgun passing plays which made it tough to get pressure even with a blitz and he did a good job of finding the open man. Against man he would look mainly to hit a slot WR on a crossing route.

Defense - Runs the 4-2-5 almost exclusively and controlled the deep FS on nearly every play. He is good at anticipating the run and taking an angle to get to the ballcarrier, but if you stick with the run you can get him to bring that FS up to close to the line and then make him pay downfield.