Hokie Haven Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dakota7, Dec 24, 2009.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Hokie Haven Season 3

Week 1

Bye

Week 2

Duke 24
    VA Tech 54

2. dakota7

Week 3

#9 Georgia Tech 17
    #5 Virginia Tech 27

Va Tech shuts down the pass happy Yellow Jackets. GT must've got a new coach, they passed about 70% of the time. Anyway, Ryan Williams ran for 169 and the defense got just enough pressure to shut down GT in the second half. Va Tech has another bye next week, and then hosts UNC in a huge ACC battle.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I noticed that when I played them the past 2 times. Juggernaut played as them in season 1 before switching to ND, that could be why. He said that he did use a different playbook.

4. dakota7

Week 5

#3 UNC 25
    #2 VT 20

Va Tech loses a heartbreaker, taking a 14-6 lead into the 4th quarter, but were unable to hold onto it. UNC did an excellent job of containing HB Ryan Williams, holding him to 70 yards and 1 score. QB JuJu Clayton stepped up, completing 21/23 for about 240 and 2 scores. Two early turnovers led to the Tar Heels first half field goals. The Hokies gambled early in the 4th quarter on a 4th and 1 from about midfield, where UNC got the stop and drove the short field to get their first TD of the game. The inability of the Hokies offense to mount a response drive let UNC drive down for the go-ahead score.

5. dakota7

Week 6

Washington State 0
    #7 Va Tech 48

The Hokies took some early season frustrations out on the hapless Cougars. HB Ryan Williams led the Hokies with 225 yards on the ground and 2 td's, while TE Logan Thomas had his first really big game for the Hokies, catching 11 balls for over 165 yards and 2 scores. Coach dakota was really looking for Thomas, as a tribute to T1 member JMS, who's farewell video released this week was truly inspiring. The Hokies travel to Tennesee next week to take on the #8 Vols.

6. dakota7

Week 7

#7 Va Tech 40
    #8 Tennesee 28

The Hokies used a grind it out philosophy to get this win on the road. HB Ryan Williams led the way, rushing for about 150 yards and 2 td's. The Hokies never punted in the game, finishing with 4 field goals and 4 td's, and turnover free.

Great game JC!!

7. dakota7

Week 8

Clemson 7
    #6 Va Tech 38

The Hokies dominated every facet of this game. The defense was all over the field, destroying the Tigers ground game and containing their attempts thru the air. HB Ryan Williams had 2 score and over 100 yards total offense. TE Logan Thomas and WR Jarret Boykins both had 100 yard receiving days.

8. dakota7

Week 11

Va Tech 34
    Wake Forest 0

The Demon Deacons were helpless in this game. The Hokies crushed them in every aspect of the game. HB Ryan Williams led the way with 3 scores and 125 yards rushing. Ju Ju Clayton was nearly perfect threw the air, completing over 85% of his passes and rushing for 1 more score.

9. dakota7

Week 12

#4 Va Tech 57
    Virginia 20

The Hokies blasted their rival, dominating them on the ground and thru the air. QB Ju Ju Clayton threw for 330 yards and 3 td's while also running for 1. The Hokies improved to 9-1. TE Logan Thomas again had a huge game, with 13 grabs for 140 yards and a score. The Hokies travel to Provo, Utah to take on BYU next week.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Keep winning games. I need the big win to move above Oklahoma in the BCS standings. IF I beat Cinci, win ACC Championship, and end at #3 I am going to be very upset.

11. dakota7

Its funny, I'm thinking the same thing, but for entirely different reasons....I keep winning, you lose to Cincy, Oklahoma loses and the HOKIES sneak back into the title game against Rutgers!!!!!!! I can dream.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Looks like I'm facing CPU Florida State in conference championship since Hova dropped out. I'm certainly not complaining :). My slate of user games just to get to National Title dropped from 5 to 3 this week.

13. dakota7

I actually think bfrchey switched to fsu. I just checked easportsworld OD site, and that's what it said

14. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Nah...

If you and Oklahoma remain undefeated, Im guessing the NC game will be you and OK.

15. dakota7

Week 13

#4 Va Tech 45
    BYU 38

The Hokies win a shootout with the Cougars. The defense played really well for the first three quarters, but gave up points in the fourth like a sieve. Ju Ju Clayton was phenomenal, throwing for 400 yards, 2 scores and rushing for another. TE Logan Thomas had 200 yards receiving and was nearly unstoppable. HB Ryan Williams ran for over 100 yards and 2 scores despite missing the first half with an injury. The Hokies head home for a huge match-up with LSU next week.