1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Holding penalties

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by SimFBallCritic, Sep 18, 2012.

1. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Is anyone else experiencing a ridiculous amount of holding penalties? I swear one game I played had over 10 holding calls between me and my opponent. If this is a known issue I think we should adjust the holding slider to 40, I assume we are currently playing on default All-Pro. Also, until the ACC clock is fixed how do you guys feel about cutting the quarter length to 6 mins, maybe 7? Not sure how you guys feel but these games are taking too long to finish.

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Only in my game against the Cowboys. All the others have been fine.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Shaun turned UP the holding I believe and the results so far have been mixed. I for one like all the holding calls, for me they have been pretty realistic but others claim its too much.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Matrix Monkey and I had some holding calls in our week 3 game. But sawemoff and I played week 4 and had I think 2 holding penalties total called in the game, and both looked legit. Most of the holding calls I'm seeing seem to happen when either a HB or QB are trying to escape the pocket or break an inside run outside.

5. Dru50

I agree with you, I'd rather have too many holding calls than none at all (which is what happens on default).

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

My game with Kasper had probably 10 or so holding penalties. Then my game with Sim had a few as well. Both games I had holding called against my team on the first kickoff return.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I see about 10-12 every game.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Me and Hova had holding on the first kickoff of the game as well, both in the first and second game.

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I think they're still a bit high.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  10. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Holding calls occur about 3-4 times a game

11. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    as a side note shaun actually had offensive pass interference called against him....

13. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I just hate when my guy is wrapped up then the flag comes out. The more holding calls the more guys are gonna pass to get out of trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

fundamentally I agree 100% with this statement ..... my concern however is if they are random or ratings based ? My Denver O-Line kinda sucks , I will be curious to see how many penalty yards I have at the end of the year vs. a team with an excellent O-Line

15. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I think holding calls are random it would nice if there was some type of discipline rating to control it.

16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I would like to think it is based off of awareness rating or maybe the consistency trait

17. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    I think many Head coaches would like to control it too but alas there is no such control :)

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

you could just not block, thats what we have used in Cleveland for years (y)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dru50

That is working wonders for the Bears the past 3-4 seasons as well.

20. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I had trouble in one game I played. All the others have been fine.

21. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

It mostly happens when a running play deviates from the actual play called. Guys that get caught out of position will get called for more holding calls. When the slider is increased fom, say 50 --> 60, running to the outside on an Iso play will usually generate a call. As the sensitivity is increased you have to set-up blocks more often.

22. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I like doing this too, as bumbing the holding slider penalizes most users who run to the ouside on inside runs. I wish we did this in the TLY. Maybe RynoAid would think about it?