Holiday Plans

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Dec 12, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Holiday Plans

I'm sure that at least some of us will be traveling for Christmas so I thought I'd throw this up so we can post our plans.

I'm sure I'm going to end up taking a sim or 2 as I don't expect you guys to wait for me.

I'll be in San Antonio (and xboxless) from 18Dec to 4Jan. I also won't likely spend much time on the forums during that time either.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    From Dec 24-Jan 4 I will be on shutdown at work (paid time off woohoo), watching bowl games and driving my wife nuts.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I have no plans this year, last year I spent december in New Zealand so this year I am strapped for cash haha. I'll be more available than I normally am starting Dec 17th til January 10th.

4. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I'm not going anywhere, but Christmas week I'll have limited time to get on here and the xbox. Don't think I'll be missing any games, though.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I won't be traveling anywhere other than family homes within 30 minutes to an hour from my house, so I won't miss any games, etc.

6. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I may actually be in San Antonio with my wifes family. Feel free to bring me a present.

We will likely stay the night on the 24th and leave on the 25th to my parents in Victoria. Ill be out 2-3 days so I wont be out very long

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Ski trip 12/30 to 1/3, other than that I'm around.

8. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

January 1st...I'll be in Jacksonville, watching the Noles at the Gator Bowl.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

My plans are just local family things.

The plan will be to follow our normal 72-hour advance schedule. There won't be any early advances even though I know there is no chance of some games getting played -- this will keep the pace constant while making sure that people don't miss TOO many games. There will be a two day extension for Christmas, and a one day extension for New Year's.

Example:

We advance on 12/21, which is a week from tomorrow. 72 hours from then is Christmas Eve, so instead of advancing at XX time on 12/24, we'll be advancing at XX time on 12/26. Then, the next advance would come on 12/29. 72 hours from then is New Year's Day, so instead of advancing at XX time on 1/1, we'll be advancing at XX time on 1/2.

Above is just hypothetical to illustrate a point.

10. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Not sure of my schedule yet, but I should be around most of the time.

11. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Oh, forgot that I will be gone for probably four days around New Year's.

12. jello1717

It's not looking good for my Big 10 title defense. From the best I can tell, the schedule will look about like this:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Date Week My opponent
    Now WK10 MSU (W)
    12/18 WK11 @ Minnesota
    12/21 WK12 Wisconsin
    12/24 WK13 @Undefeated aOSU
    12/29 WK14 BYE
    1\2 WK15?/CCG? BYE

I'll be back on the 4th so it looks like I'll be able to play my bowl game at least, but my Big10 fate will be left up to the sim engine from here on out.

Does anyone have any advice for such a long absence? In particular:
    1. How do I handle recruiting? I have "offer schollies" off and I'll have "add people to my board" off as well. But I do want the CPU to call the guys on my board. Will that happen automatically, or is there a setting for that?

2. When you're injured out of your depth chart, will the CPU put in the right guy? IE. QB#1 is hurt, but might be back for my final game. If I leave my depth chart as #1, #2, #3, if all 3 are hurt, will it sub in QB#4, or will it do some random shit instead (when my WRs get tired in game, the CPU will sub in CBs instead of the WRs that aren't on my depth chart so I'm nervous)?

EDIT:
    I looked at everyone's schedules (again, thanx for posting those Basis) and I see that no one has a WK 15 game, so I'm guessing the last row in my table will be the CCG. If you guys fly through that (since the guy who isn't here doesn't play a CCG) I think there's a chance I could miss my bowl game too.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Don't take a vacation, loser.

14. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

yeah, theres nothing in San Antonio anways except alot of pissed off Mexicans and Tim Duncan,,wait eva longoria may be there to

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I am almost positive that the CPU will make your calls for you when I advance. Not sure about question #2.

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ha! Good one...I'd hate to miss that many games but it's just a game. The vacation will be fun and all that. I'm sure you won't even think about the E League while you're gone.

17. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Hmmm...Football game or Sex?

Hmmm..Football game or Walk the dog

hmmm..Go to in-laws or Football game

I got it...Sex with the wife while I play Football and my in-laws walk the dog

18. jello1717

This'll be the 3rd year in a row that we've driven to my parents' house for Christmas. They were supposed to come here, but my dad got put "on call" for the holidays so we need to go there again. The drive is brutal, but everything else is great. Here's my upcoming schedule.

Wake up ~ 4AM Thursday to get my internal clock prepared.
    Work from 9-5 on Thursday.
    Go to sleep @ 6PM.
    Wake up @ 1AM.
    Load our crap, myself, my wife, and our 3 dogs into the car and leave @ 2AM.
    Drive for 18 hours! The worst part is it takes about 9 hours just to get to Texas, and then, even though I'm in the destination state, we're still only halfway there!
    Try to avoid the ridonkulous number of deer that congregate alongside the highways in Texas in the dark.
    Arrive @ my parents' house ~11PM.

Does that sound like fun or what?!? Once that's over, though, the real fun can begin, it's just the drive there (and the drive home) that suck ass!

And before you ask, our dogs are 70, 120, and 140 lbs and I can't imagine how much it'd cost to put them on a plane or put them up in a kennel if we trusted anyone else to handle/watch them (which we don't).

19. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Sounds like a good time....that's a lot of dog.

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Holy crap...dog on dog action.

21. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

When we drive to PA, people dont believe me that its a 21 hour drive and that it takes 9 hours alone to get out of Texas

22. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Texas is BIG and it sucks...

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's what she said

24. jello1717

I refer to Texas as "the nutsack of the United States."

Personally, I think we should give it back to Mexico.

25. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

if you look around, we already have