Holidays Question

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Jmustang1968, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Well, Holidays are just around the corner with Thanksgiving a week and a half away. What do you guys typically do about the dynasty pacing for the holiday season? I know many go out of town, or get busy with family etc...

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We usually try to work something out. With this year, you can do your recruiting online, so that will help.

We aren't on pace to be in a bowl season or anything when that time comes. Most of us will still have access to a box for the most part. We have played it by ear in years past.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I have time off work so I want to do 2 advances per day.

:)

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

We don't stop, but we also try and make reasonable accomodations.

With recruiting offline, people can at least still do their recruiting if they are away from the box.

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'll be out of town from Wednesday through Sunday.

6. OMlawdog

See you in 2016.

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Too bad the cpu wont miss a beat in recruiting for him

8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

We advance at a faster pace to screw people over.

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'll be gone Wednesday through Sunday too. Not sure if I'll have access to a box or not.

10. OMlawdog

Just wanted to look at where we are. We are at week 8, and it looks like we will advance to week 9 after Shaun gets him game in tonight or maybe in the morning when I wake up depending on the time.

My plan at this point is that if you are going to be out of town until Sunday, we are simply going to treat that like being on vacation. I have no problem with that and encourage everyone to spend time with your family during Thanksgiving.

For guys that are going to be around the box we will keep advancing. We won't be posting "hurry up and get your game in" at 1:30 pm on Thanksgiving day. (BBJ Im looking at you.)

So far I have Bond and Gators out until Sunday, anyone else going to be out of pocket?

My thought is that we will probably advance to week 10 sometime the next few days, depending on when everyone does play there week 9 game. We should get one more advance in before Sunday, but we will have to wait and see.

One thing I want everyone to know, is that if everyone is finished with their game or on auto, we will advance. So if for some reason (No there is not a conspiracy) everyone does get their week 10 stuff done by Thanksgiving night, we will advance Thanksgiving night, or even by tomorrow night, we will advance. Same goes for week 11 and so on. If you are going to be around the box but will need an extra day to get it in, please post on the board and I have no problem waiting for someone, if you don't post and you aren't around on the box, you will get simmed. Hell even if you are on the box, you may get simmed, just ask Sand.

I hope everyone has a great holiday, I've really enjoyed the league so far this year, and hope the next 7-10 seaons are as enjoyable as the first 6. Still can't believe we have played almost 6 seasons already.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I wont be going out of town, but will be away for a good chunk of Thursday, and all day Saturday. Otherwise I shouldnt have any problems playing Khaalis and Bama (dont sim my Bama game damn you!)

**edit** Actually, I think you need me to beat Bama

12. OMlawdog

That should work great based on the schedule we are on. You can play week 9 tomorrow, and week 10 on Friday.

If you can beat Bama, I need you to make that happen. I was on path to beat them, but that fumble on the goal line just killed me.

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

We may score 130 combined points, but I have a chance lol

14. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'll be out of town wed night through friday morning. But should have access to a box during that time.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'll be getting fatter by the minute on my couch all weekend.

16. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

only day i will be out of pocket is Saturday... but i will be back Saturday night to get my game in...besides that everything is like normal for me....

17. theSANDMAN215

LOL, Alabama is ridiculously good. The one thing going for you is their starting QB is out 8 weeks still.

18. theSANDMAN215

I'll be out Friday through Saturday night (late probably).

Thursday is up in the air as I'll be going around visiting family and such, plus I'm working 4 hours.

19. OMlawdog

I was up 14-7 when he went out of the game. I put his ass out, and their backup just destroyed me. Then again Im 1-5 against Bama so far in this year's game, so Im not that surprised.

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Oh I know, they have been that way the past few seasons... I got them season 1, and they barely beat me last year by 3. I need this game. If I lose then they almost win the SEC for sure.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Please kill Washington and Jennings on their offense.