Holy shit, NCAA '12 is gonna be awesome!

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, May 19, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

O... my... GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (change in pants required).

3. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

NCAA 12 badass for the fact that we can use custom playbooks in online dynasties! This will be awesome.

4. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Holy penguin piss Batman!! Fellas I think we all are gonna be single and un-employed by the time we're done with 12!! Our next od is gonna be a blast! And just think we can actually predetermine our rivals at the start!?!? This changes EVERYTHING! HURRY THE FUCK UP JULY 12th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. IrishBearcat

giggity

6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Looks like those Irish v baker match-ups will b a little more special...

7. IrishBearcat

It'll be very cool to be able to set up rivalries from the get go. We can even it out and give everyone the same number to avoid giving people and advantage.

I'm wondering what we're going to do about Coaching Contracts. Our OD has thrived with everyone playing in the same conference, and with contracts coming into play the question is how would we use them based on our setup? If there was an option to turn them off, would we consider it?

I personally would like to incorporate them in some form or fashion. Maybe we could all draft a "starter" team and a "future" team. Say we're all going to start in the MAC but our goal is to all make it to the Big 10. I think if we would set our "alma mater" to our Big 10 selection, it'd be easier for us to move up to the correct team. Just an idea, I'm sure whatever we decide will come with some "learning on the go" and we'll be forced to make a few tweaks and adjustments.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

We can actually set up the Brethren Bowl for real!

[​IMG]

9. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Wait so we're starting our actual 12' disscussion? Lol..... what if we decide not to leave and stay in the "mac"? Is leaving the weaker conference going to be a must?

10. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

11. IrishBearcat

Discussion begins! We need to start sorting this stuff out. Do we like all in one 24/7 or what? I think it'd be cool, we could still make sure enough user games suffice with OOC between Mac/big 10 (for my example at least using mac/big 10, who knows wut conferences yet).

12. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Then we could do the conference showdown week as well.... I think if we can have the option to leave coaching contracts on, it gives us the option to see who can put together the best staff.... just another thing we can compete with....

13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Are we going to use the CC?

14. IrishBearcat

I'd like to use it. We could all start in the mac/sunbelt and be restricted to only be allowed to jump to one conference (Big 10/SEC/Pac 12.. etc.)

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Did anyone else see that when you download a roster you get all the changes to the coaches? Anyone else think it's bad ass to be playing against Jo Pa and Saban?

Also this is exciting for us!:
    "In an offline dynasty you are on your own to determine your starting job, but in an Online Dynasty the commissioner can force everyone to climb their way up the coaching ladder by restricting which jobs are available when joining the dynasty (i.e. everyone starts as a 1-star Coordinator, start as a 3-star Head Coach or lower, etc.)."

16. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Love this idea....

17. IrishBearcat

I wonder if we can edit rivalries seasonally as well? It's cool how we can set initial rivalries, but I'm sure new ones will develop down the road.

With the "minor/major" league setup Sun Belt/SEC, MAC/Big 10, C-USA/Big 12, Wac/Pac 12, etc. seem to make sense. It'd be interesting if we did LV RETRO and started in a feeder conference working to work up back to our old ACC schools (GT for me, VT for Oshio, UVA for Beardown, Wake for Noff, etc.) but I understand if we'd want to use a conference we really have used extensively before such as Pac12 & Big10.

18. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

The blog I just read says u can make the same changes at the end of each season that u did at the start so I'm assuming u can?

19. IrishBearcat

BALLIN