Home-and-Homes announced for Seasons 8/9

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. jandy

jandy Walk On

Roll Tide! Looking forward to our matchup Crumbler81

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Bring on Bucky!

4. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

yeah, should be awesome!

5. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Yikes. OSU's backups could likely match up with my top guys. It'll be a big challenge but I'm looking forward to it.

Question tho Spayer419 will this be an extra user game added to our schedules? I currently have 4 and if I were to play in a CC game it could be as many as 6 games. I hope I don't lose my rivalry with UF... that could be as many as 5-7 user games. I'm not against it just curious how it will all work out.

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

You told me you wanted to keep your game with Florida earlier. You still have to play home and homes with other people to allow everyone's scheduling to work. You and CJTHA1 can work out what you want to do about your rivalry ... I know that when UGA was in the dynasty he and Ga Tech kept their rivalry and it wasn't an issue.

7. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I don't mind playing 5-7 user games per year it will just be tough to schedule all of them. I think it should b even across the boar how many user games ppl play too. Of course CC and Bowl games are out of your hands but as Lon as very one has equal (or as close to) that's cool w.me. I do want to keep FSU/UF every year.

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Everybody gets 3-4 regular season user games. With your commitment to the FSU-Florida rivalry you would get 4-5. The variation depends on conference scheduling. Everyone has a user in their division and a locked cross-over game in the other division. Playing the fourth team in your conference is out of my hands.

9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

No more nat'l titles for you buddy! Lol

10. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

By no means is this a complaint...however since I've only been in the league less than 2 full seasons - I think OSU/FSU is a squash match in the favor of the mighty Bucks. I believe FSU/NU or FSU/Michigan would be much better, more competitive user games. If you've been playing OU or Bama a lot, I understand why you wouldn't be playing one of them but you didn't play either this season - and I cannot recall last year so pardon me if I'm mistaken. I believe FSU/Michigan would be a solid tilt, with very evenly matched teams. I am more than willing to play you, Spayer but just think you'll be at a massive adv. Nothings worse than those user games where it feels as though it's decided before it even begins. Especially after this season, I will be relying on tons of freshman and underclassmen while I'm assuming your monster recruiting class gets redshirted because even though their mostly high 70s they aren't the best players on your roster. Didn't have a ton of time to post this so hopefully I was clear about what I was trying to say. I'm down for w.e but think we should consider even-ness of teams when scheduling the Home and Homes.

11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I seldom redshirt players, i like to find ways for them to get on the field as early as possible. That being said, if you truly think this is an issue I can consider revising the schedule of home-and-homes. To answer your point about Alabama, jandy and I know each other IRL, played several games when he was at Michigan, and our relationship can get a little heated when we play each other. With all due respect to fishdock, Oklahoma has been struggling as of late. I thought that would be a nice matchup between him and Northwestern, who has yet to win a game. I thought Michigan-Alabama would be interesting because Jandy used to coach there. Wisconsin and ND were paired because that was a budding rivalry when ND was in the Big Ten. As was Texas-Ga Tech when they were in the Big 12. That left me, you, UNC and Florida, and given that you are already playing both of those teams, this was the only way to work it out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I also asked to play home and home with Wisco at one point because when I was in the Big Ten I made a "Play a Game in your home state" promise to some WI guys.

Also, Wisconsin hasn't beat me in a few seasons and he's antsy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jandy

jandy Walk On

It's a tough situation, but it is what it is. It sucks, but you'll just have to step up to the plate and take on the challenge. You can't doubt yourself or your players, because that is where you'll lose. Just go into it with confidence and a gameplan, and try to play your best. No user games are decided before the players take the field, and I sincerely believe that any team can win in a given game. At the end of the day, it's just an OOC game. It really doesn't mean all that much in the grand scheme of things unless you think you can make the NC. In which case, you'll likely play a "superpower" such as OSU anyway.

With that said, I'm not trying to make you mad in any way, because you've been a great addition to CL and I hope you stick around for the entirety of this dynasty and into next year's version.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

You'll be fine, I have to play him every year in order to even make it into the B1G title game and I have only been able to recruit two 5 star kids in 7 seasons. One never even saw the field (the other I got during this cycle) so overalls don't mean much. Everyone in this league is beatable, I don't think anyone has won the national title more then once (could be wrong).

• Like Like x 1
  15. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I appreciate the support but you are very wrong, my good sir. There ARE games decided before the ball kicks whether you want to admit it from your perch Tuscaloosa or not. I can understand why it may be hard for you to believe, having played at National Powers like Mich from the hop and switching over to Bama. Florida State from the beginning isn't neccesarily a mid-major but with 5-6 seasons of CPU having recruited for me, there are a lot of glaring holes depth and talent wise. FSU is about one season away from being at least IN that same discussion but until I can get three-full classes in I'm still going to be quite far behind the likes of ND/OSU/BAMA/WISC.

With all of that being said, I don't MIND a loss.... just wanted to explore the possibility of playing a more even matched team when I'm allready playing vs. a defending National Champion and Georgia Tech team who is very capable of winning one as well. I just wanted to explore another opportunity but Spayer419 hit the nail on the head with an explanation and rationale as to why he scheduled it that way.

I don't really agree with the, because you're friends IRL and it heats your relationship up - that isn't a very valid reason you two shouldn't be playing IMO. You are very equal talent wise and it opens the door for teams like myself, UNC, MICH FOR that opportunity in the National Championship where of course we cannot schedule. I never suggested I shouldn't play top-tier talent in the NC if and when I were to ever make the game (highly unlikely), but this was about pre-conceived scheduled games I'm referring to. But I do accept what you're saying, especially since you two played a lot previously in the OD. That makes perfect sense.

Like I said before, I didn't have a lot of time to put thought into my post earlier so let me reiderate when I say this is not a complaint or an example of me whining.

As for "sticking around" I'm like a heroin junkie when it comes to anticipating the next tmie I can get on the field in this league with my 'Noles. Not going anywhere, hope that hasn't even been discussed in secret because of the posts I made in this thread, because that was never my intent and I FULLY intend to be apart of this league when NCAA 14 drops and continue to contribute my portion to this league.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  16. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I hope that my magic works once again ands I can somehow jynx Spayer419, ala versus Syracuse this season where I guarenteed a victory and ended up losing.

I'm FULLY GUARENTEEING A LOSS VS OSU! They could beat me blindfolded and with their hands tied behind their backs!!!

You guys have an awesome league here, the energy and the activity is 2nd to none. While I love playing the game I think it's having 11 other committed gamers who take it as seriously as I do, whilst having just as much fun. I don't think I could "leave" even if I wanted to.

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Haha well we are glad to have you onboard, and it's likely that you'll get to run with your Trojans next year if you want to. We are likely doing B1G-SEC-Pac12

18. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Put those Noles in the SEC, plz and thanks. I love USC don't get me wrong but in terms of this game, I don't think there's a better combo of jersey selection, location for recruits, and Home Game environment. FSU will have a nasty class entering next year as well so I look forward to that. Although it won't be the rebuiding project like it's been in this game being behind the 8ball I think it will be a bit tougher than SC, which makes it fun IMO. I may not be set in stone, but I am almost certain I'll run with FSU again. Thanks for the consideration tho!

19. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I can understand where you're coming from on this. I felt similarly in bump and run when I had to sign on as Arizona State when I knew I'd have to play against a user-controlled USC every year and a user-controlled Oregon most years. The talent gap on paper was huge, and I got blasted by both in year 1. But by year 2 I was able to beat both teams and win the conference. I've had some tough games with both teams, but haven't lost to either since that first year even though their rosters are usually much higher rated. Of course, I think spayer is better player than either, but I'd say play him. Even if you lose, it will likely make you a better player and most every year at least one of the teams in our NC games have a loss. On a side note, it'll be fun to do battle with GT again.

• Like Like x 2
  20. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I might finally find a league to play as my Razorbacks. Too bad they'll be pretty awful.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yeah they're yours if you want them but we will worry about '14 when we get closer to launch

22. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

That would be an excellent rivalry between you and I cmassey13

23. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

True. I think your Badgers will be much better talent wise, but I'm sure there'd be a few guys looking for a little revenge on the old coach.

24. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ billboard material (even if its true) ... and it will be nice to play my buddy. i have faith in the Seminoles. shake up the national picture. LongGONE24 let's turn this dynasty on its ass. BOOMER. SOONER.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Wow. Florida will be another real test for UNC. Yeah, I 3 years I've basically started from scratch, and now finally starting to get some good recruits. Looks like those recruits will see the field early having to face a talent-laden SEC squad. We can manage, though.