Homefield Advantage

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by CoachRedd, Feb 17, 2011.

1. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I did my recruiting for the week and happened to go look at the standings afterwards and noticed something strange. So its hard to imagine homefield advantage can matter in a video game... but take a look at these splits from CUSA teams

Western Michigan (Home 6-0, Away 5-0)
    Kent State (Home 5-0, Away 3-2)
    Army (Home 3-0, 5-2)
    Western Kentucky (Home 4-1, Away 3-2)
    Mid Ten State (Home 4-1, Away 2-3)
    Eastern Mich (Home 1-4, Away 0-5)

Idaho (Home 4-1, Away 4-1)
    UL Lafayette (Home 5-0, Away 2-3)
    Ark State (Home 3-2, Away 2-3)
    Utah State (Home 2-3, Away 3-2)
    UAB (Home 3-1, Away 2-4)
    UL Monroe (Home 2-3, Away 3-2)

Combined Home Record (41-16)72% Clip Combined Away Record (34-29) 54% Clip

Idaho and WMU have identical road/away winning % so we will throw them out. Of the remaining ten teams, 8/10 have better home records than away records and nearly half of those teams are undefeated at home. So out of 12 CUSA teams: 9 teams have an above .500 home winning% while 5 have a below .500 away record. Apparently when that home field advantage makes the visitor's controller shake it also makes us shit the bed and throw INT's. That just seems weird to me.. how in a video game home field matters. It also seems weird to me that I'm analyzing teams with make believe players in a video game but I'll worry about that later.

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I think that there should be some type of home field advantage seeing as it is a big factor IRL. I see no home field adv on this game but it might be because I'm one of the 2 with a wtter road record lol.

3. CoachRedd

didnt they used to have a homefield advantage feature on the game a couple of years back?

4. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I think all thats been in recently is the rattled qbs that cant see wr icons and not being able to audible/hot route in loud stadiums. I still think the best was when the camera used to shake back in the day. On college hoops 2k8 they had the 6th man meter that had the perfect effect of boosting the team without being too much of an advantage. Choops2k8=best game ever btw. I finished 33 in the contest to go to the final 4

5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Sometimes my QB makes throws and sometimes he doesn't make those same throws. Sometimes my line blocks and sometimes they don't. Everything in this game is a roll of the dice and I wouldn't be surprised if home field advantage tips the scales a little bit.

Good info Coach

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

You'd be surprised how much home field advantage there is in this game. In T3 I haven't lost a home user conference game or won an away user conference game. And that's in like 4 years

7. CoachRedd

thats crazy.. I never wouldve suspected their was an actual HF advantage.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

A few years ago, homefield was insane and you were pretty much guaranteed victory as the home team if you scored first.

I didn't think they had it in the game at all this year. I suppose that it's possible that you get a bit of a buff to the random number generator.

9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I remember back on last gen NCAA if you played at one of the 25 toughest places to play the screen would shake violently and should would be crazy. They had an icon that would say "The Doak" #4 Toughest Place To Play. Ah the glory days.

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Nobody comes into Adam Collins Memorial Stadium and leaves in one piece...

Redd, I think Adam Collins was before your time, so you'll only hear of his legacy.