Homefront

Discussion in 'Tradition Shooters' started by JerzeyReign, Mar 20, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Anybody playing this game? Thoughts on it? I'm getting it within the next hour or so, the youtube videos (along with someone from my NCAA leagues) has convinced me this is a great game. We will see.

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Don't buy it, for the love of god.

1) The graphics are like 2 years behind.
    2) The story is short, unrealistic when they try to be realistic, and the characters are developed poorly.
    3) The vehicles in multiplayer are kind of dumb.
    4) The dedicated servers lag for 90% of the people in the games. (I usually got yellow connections, most got red)
    5) A lot of people can't even connect to the servers... it takes me forever to get into a game.
    6) The hit detection isn't very good.
    7) There's not many game types or weapons.

It's basically a worse version of BC2.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thanks for helping me save my money. I bought and before I left the store I returned it just because of all the mixed reviews. And the lag issues concerned me being in Europe but preferring to play with US gamers.

4. Wick36

I didn't think it looked all that great, but I decided to take a risk on it because it was $41 on walmart.com at the time. I wish I hadn't. =/

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Youtube videos look awesome... renting it this weekend fo' sho'... I think Patron gives any game a fighting chance:) Plus, renting it means signing it out from the library so no money will have to be dished out:)

6. Wick36

I think I'm going to give it 1 more chance before I trade it in...

7. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Multiplayer seems to be better now but not sure if I want to keep it still. Game is fun when it works.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I just saw this thread as I have been getting into Black Ops more and looked up YouTube vids on it. I've only watched two multiplayer vids, one on foot and a chopper vid. Looks like it could be fun. Map looks HUGE and a ton of running around on foot. Seems like it'd be more strategy and trying to flank then just run around like COD. The idea of the vehicle's looks cool. I would have to play it though to see how it is. Graphics you have to take with a grain when looking at something that has that much size to it.

9. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Yeah graphics are the least of my worries. The multiplayer is very fun...unless you're getting raped by a tank and chopper.

10. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I have it...I think the mutliplayer is fun. They have an patch coming to fix the issues

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Did the patch drop? Have you played since PSN has been back online?

12. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

yea I played this morning and having no problems...The patch dropped about 4 weeks ago

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

What was the patch 'fixing'? I may just splurge and go grab this soon.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

@JerzeyReign I had a ton of fun playing the multiplayer, and might throw it in after seeing this thread. Maps are nice and big and its pretty balanced as far as weapons. Good change up from COD if you ask me but not worth over 40 bucks

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thanks man. No GameStop over here so I have to check Amazon for it... in fact, my wife is in the States right now so I just might get a few games sent my way

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

If anyone plays this for 360 shoot me a message

17. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Just downloaded the demo and I have to say, I enjoyed it more than Black Ops.