Horrendous Freezing Issues

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by JAS19ILLINI, Jul 13, 2012.

1. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

In my OFFLINE dynasty it keeps freezing like crazy. Sometimes it freezes as im loading the dynasty up, and if im lucky to get it to load it freezes as im loading to play my game. I had to sim past week 3 bc it kept freezing, and now in week 5 its doing the same thing. None of my friends are having near the amount of freezing issues I am. I don't get it, but EA is about to hear an earful if this shit keeps up. Anyone have any ideas or similar situations? I know people have complained of occasional freezing, but this is far beyond occasional for me.

2. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

I'm in week 3 of my first dynasty, I'm praying this doesn't happen.

3. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

I literally can't even play an offline dynasty its so bad. That's a joke.

4. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

Ugh, can't edit. I meant "its a joke."

5. bogeyexpress

bogeyexpress Walk On

I have had a similar issue in offline dynasty games. My question to you is this, when you say "freezing up", are you saying the XBOX locks and you have to restart or are you getting the annoying in play "freezes" or slow downs? I get these temporary freezes in game during plays and it is annoying as hell.

What I am going to do to try and "fix" the problem is to install the game to my HD and see if load times being faster can alleviate this issue.

If your game is completely freezing on you, I have not had that issue (yet .... knocks on wood).

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I personally install every game that I play to my HDD and I don't understand why anyone that's not on a slim wouldn't. I've seen noticeable improvements in game performance by doing this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bogeyexpress

bogeyexpress Walk On

I agree. The answer to your implied question, I have been too lazy to install to my HD since getting the game. I just wanted to get in and play. LOL! I am walking downstairs after pressing the POST REPLY button and installing the game now.

Thanks for the proverbial KICK IN THE ARSE!!

8. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

The game literally freezes and i have to restart my xbox.

9. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

How much space does installing it to the hard drive take up? I only have about 2.5 GB of free space left.

10. jello1717

More than that. It might be around 6-7.

11. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

I had the same thing happen in my offline dynasty, freezes the Xbox when loading week four game..I'm sure time will sort these things out, we are still really early in the release..

12. D1MONEY

D1MONEY Walk On

I have a slim and installed the game and it still slows and temporarily freezes during plays! Very annoying. Have not experienced the locks up mentioned above but the in game lag at times is frustrating!

13. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I wonder if I should install the game even though I have it downloaded from the early release?

14. btbam91

btbam91 Walk On

I have been hearing about this issue. I'm going to wait it out before I start my offline dynasty. Hopefully EA is on top of this. It one thing when a game has a few glitches here and there, but when it's UNPLAYABLE... we have a problem.

15. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

having it installed on the Xbox isn't the issue. I have had it since the start and I had this happen to me

16. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

I'm waiting on the OS Community rosters before I start my offline franchise. Hopefully this isn't a widespread issue.

17. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

I would Twist. Not sure if it's quite the same. If it is the same it wont let you install it to your HDD. I always install them because it makes the xbox run alot cooler.

Also are all of you guys running with custom playbooks? A guy over in Alumni Nation was having freezing issues because of a corrupt defensive custom playbook file.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  18. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

Actually, I kept trying to use BYUs playbook, seeing as im playing as BYU, and it kept freezing. But when I tried a custom pb the game loaded fine. And then I made a custom pb with BYUs pb as the base pb. Didn't make any changes at all, and saved it. Then I used it in my next game and it loaded just fine.

19. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I played an entire offline dynasty season and never had anything freeze. Worked out just fine for me.

20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I have the same issue. In my offline dynasty with Cal the game freezes and locks up the XBOX as it's loading my week 3 game against Ohio State. No matter how many times I restarted, the game/XBOX would freeze at the exact same place.

I've also had the XBOX lock up on me during online play a couple times and the temporary freezes during play.

21. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

JAS19ILLINI

I took this from the EA Forums, and it worked for me:

• Like Like x 1
  22. jello1717

I've recruited and scouted (but not played) through an entire dynasty season twice with no freezes ever.

Last night I was playing around with recruiting again and in the preseason my xbox froze while scouting an athlete twice (different athletes). This now makes me wary about scouting my guys on the console for my OD.

23. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

This happened in week three of my offline dynasty also. I deleted it and redid the dynasty with no changes (no names, no realignment, etc) and it froze while recruiting a kid during the preseason.. I'm not familiar with what a "slim" is. I have a new xbox with the star wars set up and the Kinect shit and the original 360 model. One had 250GB and the other has 60. Which one can I load on the xbox and how exactly is that done?

24. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I have game installed on HD and have had 2 or 3 freezes so far (Ive played about 5 seasons in Dynasty). Freezes happen either while recruiting or while in view/edit rosters.

25. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Had one freezing issue with my offline dynasty in Week 8. I was Rutgers playing against Temple at Temple. Don't know if the team combination matters. I did have to sim that game. The game would freeze on the load screen between team selection and the game starting.

Haven't had an issue yet with recruiting.