Hot Games of Q4

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Lee.Flex, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Hot Games of Q4

Here are some games that are coming out and should be hot titles to wrap up the year:

October 20th
    Fifa Soccer 10 : PS3/360

October 27th
    Forza Motor Sports III : 360

November 3rd
    Pro Evo Soccer 10 : PS3/360

November 10th
    Modern Warfare 2 : PS3/360/PC

November 17th
    NCAA Basketball 10 : PS3/360
    Assassins Creed 2 : PS3/360

December 8th
    The Saboteur : PS3/360

December TBA
    Madden Arcade : PSN/360 Live

Beginning 2010:

February 9th
    Dante's Inferno : PS3/360

February 23rd

Splinter Cell Conviction : PS3/360

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Modern warfare 2 and Assasins Creed 2 are going to be so freaking awesome.

It's been a good last half of the year with NHL 10 and Fifa 10 already, and it only gets better.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Left 4 Dead 2

Mindlessly blowing off heads off sprinting zombies with 3 buddies.....priceless!

4. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Im really looking forward to Assassins Creed 2. The first one was great but it really left you hanging at the end. Will be nice to hopefully get a bit of closure.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

IM pretty happy with my library of games now......but I think FORZA 3, MW2, and L4D2 are the only ones I will buy.

I will have plenty to make my girlfriend mad at me!

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    AH! I completely forgot about L4D2, and that is the one I am probably most excited about. I loved the first one.

7. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

You don't have "Borderlands" for the PS3 & XBOX 360 on the list. Just came out yesterday. I played for about an hour, its pretty good.

8. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I'm REALLY interested in that game. What's it like?

It's been hyped as a FPS version of Diablo. Have you tried the multiplayer aspect of it? How RPG-ish is it? What's the loot system like?

Also, besides Forza 3, I'm REALLY looking forward to College Basketball 10 though I'm wary of it since it's just like Live 10 and I can't stand EA NBA games but, at the same time, it looks like an EA team has finally gotten the aspects of the college game right (the presentation is DRASTICALLY upgraded as well as finally have the motion offense working seemingly as intended).

L4D2 definitely is going to be something I'm going to jump on as soon as it comes out since I missed out on the first one (plus my roommate finally got his own 360 so we can play it together, which will be A LOT of fun).

Never been much for the Modern Warfare games and I hated the first Assassin's Creed game (the whole future aspect of it just killed the game for me) so neither of those sequels are of any interest to me.

9. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I envy you guys that are probably younger than me and have the time and extra money to buy and play all these games. When I was younger and had the time and free money the games were not nearly as freakin cool. If I had the time I would be online playing CoD, Clancy games, and different sports games like 10 hours a day.

10. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I don't buy any games. Only games I bought this year were NCAA & Madden. I get my games through Gamefly or I rent them from Hollywood Video.

11. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Yep. Gamefly is the way to go. Already got most of those games up their in my "Game Q". Between myself and my boy, gamefly has probably saved me about $200+ this year.

12. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Modern Warfare two looks ridiculous. Will there be TF clan warfare? I promise I'm alot better at the cod series than the NCAA series :) I saw some screen shots of a few of the maps and all I could think was whoaaaaa.

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Ryno has talked about it. I'm not much into multiplayer. I like the co-op modes with friends a lot better.

14. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Might want to pick up Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising for co-op. The co-op on there is ridiculous. Being in the military, I can honestly say that Operation Flashpoint is about as close to a simulaiton war game as you will get. Used to play co-op on the first one with my brother..... we definitely had some good battles and it was a blast playing it.

15. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

2 things
    I also like to play co-op (with my wife of all people) rather than online. I like playing online and all but don't have enough time to get good at the games so get spanked every time.
    Operation Flashpoint huh? Any other suggestions for co-op war games?

Gamefly is the way to go? What is their deal, like Netflix for movies?

16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm sad at the money I have to spend on video games in the next few weeks.

I picked up FIFA 10 on release and have been able to pare my list of must haves down to:

1) NBA 2k10
    2) Forza 3
    3) COD: Modern Warefare 2

17. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yep, precisely. Like $22 a month for 2 games at a time.

18. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yep, precisely. Like $22 a month for 2 games at a time.

19. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Well, Borderlands is officially the bee's knees.

If you like senseless violence, customizable gameplay (within the 4 playable classes that is), and the diablo/mmo aspect of constantly searching for better equipment then this game will suck your life away.

Let's just say I played with my roommate co-op for ~5 hours yesterday and didn't even realize it. It's diablo 2 all over again (those that played it will know what I mean).

20. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Will GameFly Forza, MW2 and likely Spilinter Cell in Feb.

I will, however, buy Mass Effect 2 without hesistation when its time comes...the wait is KILLING me!

21. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

A game I have started to play with the wife is Uncharted 2. It has a good co-op mode and it isn't just shooting and killing. Some fun puzzles in it you have to solve and the story line is good.

We have gamefly and started with the $15 a month plan (1 game out), but we are at the $30 a month plan now which is 3 games out at a time. No return deadlines.... I think my little boy has had his 2 lego games for about 1 month now. Another thing that is good about it is that once you get a game, if you like it you can buy it for pretty cheap. My wife really liked Mirrors Edge and we ended up buying it from Gamefly for $8. I liked Fallout 3 and got it for $20.... which is about $10-15 off the store price.

22. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Since we have so many gamefly customers in here, I thought I'd ask these:

What's your normal turn around time for games sent out and the next one received?

Have you ever gotten a game that was on your queue and was low availability?

How often do you get games right around the time that they just came out if you have them in your queue at the top?

I ask because I did gamefly for about a month a while back and the turn around time was pretty atrocious (like 4-6 days) for a game, I never got a game that was below moderately available, and overall any game that was just about to come out was pretty much useless to even have on your list because you weren't going to get it because they never had enough copies to meet the demand.

23. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Lee> Will check out gamefly.

Which lego games does he have? My wife is big on the lego games and I thought the star wars one was great.

24. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

It usually takes about 2 days to get back to them, then another 2 for the new one to get to me (4 day turn around). I may be lucky, but I am getting games that are low availability all the time.

I also usually keep the games for a while. I make sure to read a bunch of reviews before I get a game form them. It may be cheaper than buying games, but you still need to make sure your getting your money's worth.

25. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

All of them lol.

My boy loves the Star Wars saga and the Indiana Jones. My wife and I like to play co-op on the Batman one. I think they are all great, I have enjoyed all of them. They have not only turned out to be good family games..... but even when the little guy goes to bed, me and the wife have to sneak out here and play them lol.