Hot Routing/Audibling Confusion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jan 2, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    sawemoff
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd
    BPHusker

I wanted to clarify some things, my message got lost in translation. I didn't have time before work to fully explain what I meant. I am NOT saying you can't switch your run to one side or another, or smart route your WR on a 3rd and long to get to the first down marker, or the occasional audible/hot-route of a WR if it just horrible against what the defense is presenting you (for instance if you're going to run, but your opponent is stacking the box. Feel free to audible to a pass play).

What I AM saying is I am heavily discouraging heavy hot-routing of your receivers (every 1-3 plays or so) to use as a crutch in your passing game. Audibling one or more of WRs on a slant route every play is simply not sim, as that is not mixing up play-calling.

I just had one of the best passing games ever in my TSO career against a user (17/20 178 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs), and I hot-routed a WR's route maybe 1-2 times the whole game. If on that must convert play/third down, you find yourself ALWAYS going to the same route (seam to the TE, 4 verts and audible a slant, all seams with your HB/FB blocking), you should really examine your gameplay.

RGIII had 10.68 yards per pass attempt. When I see users getting 20-40 YPA in user games and in their season stats, it's a red flag. I could call slants over the middle, and seams all day long and rake up 500 yds every game. It simply isn't fun, nor is it realistic. In the video game, you can see exactly what the defense is doing. There is no effective mechanism to disguise what you're doing on D, therefore anyone who spends a little time could hot-route/audible every single play to exploit what they KNOW is coming. There is more to being sim that just playing within a given set of rules.

I really let things get way too loose in regards to sim play up until this season, I apologize for that. In trying to defeat The Natural, I found myself resorting to the extreme hot-routing. It can be tempting. I have since focused more on strategy, and now I rarely ever need to do it. Does every see what I'm getting at??

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

YPA and YPC are completely different numbers. in RG3's case they are more similar but not mine when i complete around 50% of my passes. he was actually 14.75 YPC.
    Ive always considered myself a downfield passer. i dont run many screens and dont really use the HBs out of the backfield too much and my routes are deeper, which gets me sacked a higher percentage of the time. and this year through two user games, Gandy averaged 12.18 YPA which is comparable but 19.71 YPC is a little higher. The game records the YPC stat which i generally aim for a number between 17-20 although I think i am always near or at the top of the conference/nation
    Wake Forest's Sousa is averaging 16.41 per attempt and 24.24 per completion which i would assume should lead the nation this year so far

Just saying

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thats cause I receivers ran circles around Nebraska

joking hornfan..

but really, my offense is built on run run run and once you come at me bro I'm ripping off 25 yards in the air.. ask Coach Redd we play all the time.

EDIT: I'm not really "defending" myself here because I don't think any part of my offensively gameplay needs defended-- I feel I am a very sim player on both sides of the ball- so suck it, Sousa is a boss.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Yeah I was kind of rambling in my initial post, and YPA and YPC are different I realize. You didn't really address the hot-routing issue, so I dunno what you're justsayin about, lol. "Down the field passing" is acceptable.

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

it was 3am, im not in a mood to make intellegent statements, therefor i had some stats and i was "just saying" them
    I wasnt calling our Wake. it's kinda too early in the year to compile state comparisons especially when they come against users. Its nearly impossible to regulate user performances against the CPU. It's gotta be a trust thing. and i feel like we have a good group of guys

6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

My question is on the defensive side of the ball. Are we not allowed to hot route people there? As in putting your guys in spys, contains?

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I think thats fine- fuzzyl0gic right?

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I would think so too, but just wanna make sure because there aren't many plays that have spys in them already to stop running QBs. Just want to make sure though. I actually like the rule on the offensive side of the ball, I think it'll bring strategy into the game a lot more. Could be a lot of fun to play without hot routes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Solid post. I definitely think it will add more strategy to games, though I have yet to play a user vs. user game. Just the FNG's two cents...

• Like Like x 2
  10. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

And don't you forget it FNG lmao

• Like Like x 3