Hot Seat Edition 1 with Jim(Lt.Justice)

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thafuture3886, Aug 30, 2012.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Every week I will be putting one league member into the Hot Seat asking him questions that some may be afraid to ask. If any of you have questions you would like for me to add to the weekly segment, please pm me any suggestions. In our first edition, we have Mr. #1 Pick himself, Jim taking on a 6 pack of questions(first question is just an introduction) and without further ado, i bring to you the Hot Seat....​
    1) First off, tell us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Jim Luby, some of my friends call me Lubes. I am 35 years old, married (my wife's name is Shannon), and have two children, Alexander and Victoria. I am a lifelong Clevelander and grew up on the west side. I now live in a suburb of Cleveland called Westlake. I am a die hard Browns fan and really support any Cleveland teams, as well as The Ohio State University.

2) How shocked were you when you found out you nabbed the first pick in the team draft?

Well, I knew the check had made it to Doug in time ;). Seriously though, I was very surprised. I was pumped when I found out, but at the same time I was a little anxious knowing that I would be picking a team and passing on EVERY other team in the league.

3)Take us into your thought process on selecting the Panthers?

You mean besides pissing off Marvis? :D Obviously the first team I considered was my Browns. I have been the Browns for the past 2 Maddens and kind of had an idea I may go another direction this year just to change things up. I considered just about every team in the game and gradually whittled it down to a very short list. One thing I really wanted was to have a bona fide franchise QB, which I haven't had in years of Madden and it seemed like that was one piece I was trying to acquire every season. Obviously Cam Newton being an 89 in his sophomore season, is this player. Besides just a good QB, I was looking for a strong defense. The Linebacking corps in particular was the draw for me on the Panthers D. Rookie LB Kuechly is going to be a beast, and him along with Beason, Davis, and Anderson, give the Panthers one of the best LB groups in the league in my opinion.

4) We all know you're a diehard Brown fans. How difficult was it for you to go against your favorite team and choose the Panthers?

It was extremely hard to not pick the Browns, even after I had made up my mind on the Panthers being the only other possibility. I damn near declared the Browns as my pick on more than one occasion.

5) Are the fans in Cleveland rioting and burney jerseys as they did when lebron betrayed them a couple years ago?(Couldn't resist)

Evil man, pure evil. But no, the Cleveland fans understood I did all I could to bring them a winner, even trying to bring Peyton Manning to town in Madden 12. It was time for a change for both of us and I will never completely slam the door on Cleveland. However, I am here in Carolina to devote everything I have into making this team a winner. Should circumstances arise in the future that see me return to my hometown, I think they would welcome me back with open arms.

6) Now back to your current team. What are your plans for the Panthers this season? Any moves need to be made or are you happy with how the team is currently constructed?

I am very happy with the team we have here. With that being said, we will always be looking for ways to improve ourselves, so I wouldn't rule out making some moves. We have had some conversations with other teams where there is mutual interest, but nothing substantive at this time. We are fully prepared to move forward with the team we have, and are confident they can produce a good product for the fans of Carolina.

7) Last but not least, I know its early but give us a prediction for how you think you will fare

We have a great group in the NFC South, with Rob, Rod, Phenom and myself, so I am not taking anything for granted, but I know we are going to have some fun. While I haven't historically been one of the owners in the hunt year in year out, I'm hoping that all changes this year and we can bring Carolina a championship or two when it's all said and done.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I enjoyed this^ Nice Job

• Like Like x 2
  3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Nice. Great job guys!

• Like Like x 2
  4. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Nice!

• Like Like x 2
  5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

$13.25 for the first person who knocks out Cam! :rolleyes:

I kid.I kid!!

WHO DAT! ;) ... I mean, Geaux Eagles!

• Like Like x 3
  6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

LtJustice, does a bear shit in the woods?... ;)

Nice work, gentlemen. Good stuff!

• Like Like x 2
  7. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

I am still pissed off at Jim lol Nice article

• Like Like x 3
  8. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

awesome job guys

• Like Like x 2
  9. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

nice job guys...

• Like Like x 2
  10. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

nice job guys...

• Like Like x 2
  11. PDP973

PDP973 Walk On

That is awesome a nice little weekly segment cant wait for my turn in the hot seat!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Great Job!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gutcheck64

Gutcheck64 Walk On

nice read curtis and jim and love that" piss off marvis" comment,pure gold!(y)

• Like Like x 2