Hot Seat Edition 3 with TJ(Scikotic)

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thafuture3886, Sep 20, 2012.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Jul 23, 2010
    In our third edition of The Hot Seat we sit down with Seahawks owner TJ to pick his brain for a bit. Again, if anyone has any questions they would like for me to ask on upcoming editions please pm me and let me know. Without further ado, i bring to you The Hot Seat...

1) First off tell us a little about yourself?
    I work the normal weekday grind (7:00-3:30 PST) in finance and administration at Stanford University - School of Medicine. Luckily, my boss just happens to be a diehard Niners fan so he can be pretty easy to relate to, making my work life a lot easier. On the weekends, I enjoy my free time and my Sundays. Recently, I recently got married last month, got a new dog, new car, pretty much a new life. I must say I've been lucky the last few months with how well everything has turned out and I'm just thankfully that I made it through the this part of my life with no hiccups. (wife hasn't killed me yet). I've been a little busy raising the puppy (as I was typing this, she just chewed through my laptop charger. Fuck!), and a little consumed by the new car, but somewhere in between I haven't forgotten about the most important part...(the wife, not the madden league you dopes)

2) It's no secret that you're a huge Jets fan. How do you feel that the guy that picked right before you picked the Jets, only to be removed from the league?
    It burns quite a bit since they were picked right before me. I went into this season really wanting to play with the Jets new weapons more than I have wanted to in previous years. Stephen Hill and Quinton Coples were going to be a huge part of my Jets franchise moving forward, and it was shit luck that Rafael got the pick right before me. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but it really burns me up that he didn't work out for the league knowing that I could and should have had my team. It stings a little more that I was the guy that reached out to him to join the league, hoping he would be a huge piece of this year's CCM.

I love my Seahawks though. They are a project, but they will be a lot of fun.

3) As a follow up, what made you choose the Seahawks so early over teams that may have had more talent?
    Defense and Youth. I looked at a few key positions. I needed a young fast MLB able to develop into a star. Wagner is a young version of Patrick Willis (judging by the ratings of course). I needed good OLB and a young pass rusher. While my rookie DE- Irvin is still developing into a rusher. When he finally breaks through with his development, he is going to be a beast. Wilson was a rookie QB ready to be molded (benched, God he sucks) and I had a fleet of young WRs and talented deep threats. My secondary is pretty talented as well, Earl Thomas is a ballhawk, Richard Sherman is 23 and promising, and Chancellor is a hit stick machine.

I had a finished product available in the Niners, but that roster is so loaded that there is only one way to see it go, and that is down. That would have been a little depressing to watch. It's more enjoyable for me to build up a team

4) Only a couple weeks into the first season, it appears the Russel Wilson experiment is already over. What made you decide to go with Matt Flynn over the youngster?
    He has little accuracy. He throws the curl route like an out route, an out-route like a curl route, and underthrows anything over 20 yards. Calculating in the fact that user catching the ball is much harder than it used to be, I can't bail Wilson out of his shitty throws. So....I needed someone who is a little more reliable like Flynn, who has been productive so far and 2-0 in his starts. Flynn may or may not be the answer long-term since he still doesn't get the ball downfield as quickly, but for now he is Seattle's starter and is doing a fine job at it.

5) What other moves are you looking to make to help bolster your roster?
    Everyone and their mom knows I need a better O-line. I have this tank named Marshawn that needs to be able to get fed the rock. It does him no good if he's getting blasted as he's handed the ball. He needs to be able to lower the boom.

I want to build a bulletproof defense, so expect to see me build more around that for 2013 and on...

6) You're in a pretty tough division with some solid veteran owners. Tell us what you think of your division mates?
    I couldn't ask for a better division (Jon, Eddie, Curtis) since I've been given a bunch of veterans who I know play the game the right way and are fun to play with. Although, I'm a bit weary of that Curtis guy. I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me by him, and his blitzing LBers.

In all seriousness though, I got lucky with my division this year. Can't wait to see how it develops.

7) Last but not least, give us a prediction of how you think your team will finish this season?
    Middle of the road, maybe worse. I'm still adjusting to the gameplay and my team is not exactly where I need them to be. Until I can generate a consistent pass rush, I may be doomed to mediocrity. That's fine by me, I'll get better picks in the draft ;)

I'd like to thank TJ for being a guest on this edition of The Hot Seat. Until next time....
    • Like Like x 10
  2. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Jul 27, 2012
    nice job guys...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Jul 22, 2010
    Well done guys!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pittrocks43