Hot Seat Edition 4 with Loren(TheBayouChef)

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thafuture3886, Sep 27, 2012.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

In Edition 4 of our Hot Seat we sit down with Eagles owner, Loren to pick his brain a bit.

1) First off, tell us a little bit about yourself?
    Well, I'm origianlly born and raised in south Louisiana. Moved out to Tampa, FL when I was about 22 after the storm. Hated it at first (even moved back home last year for aout 6 months), but love it now. Palm trees, beaches, females; what's not to love!? I do inside sales for a fastener distributor. Regular 8-5, M-F. Which gives me my weekends for LSU and the Saints! In my free time I like to just take it easy; maybe hit a pool hall or something, chill with my fam and my girl, hit the gym, and just enjoy this life!

2) You're one of the newcomers to the league this season, how are you enjoying the league so far?
    I am definitely enjoying this league. How could you not?! It's ran very well, all of our games to this point have been finished before the scheduled advance, and the competition is good. I myself haven't ran into any whinners or complainers, so that is defintiely a good thing.

3) Now into the good stuff, it's no secret that you're a huge Saints fan so tell us how and why you would pass them up in the team draft when they fell into your lap after Dave passed on them? And as a follow up, how are you enjoying the Eagles so far?
    This is a tough one man. I've always played with the Saints. Really have never took the time to play with any other team, unless I was in a fantasy draft league where it didn't matter the team. They're definitely who I'm comfortable with. With Dave being in front of me, I was 99.75% positive that they wouldn't be there for me. So I started to look at other teams. When I really thought about the Eagles roster, their secondary and receivers are what jumped out at me. As well as their young LB group. I wanted to give myself a challenge in this league and felt this would be a great team to do that with. Playing with the Saints so much, I would definitely consider myself more of a pro-style, pocket passer. Vick is completely different. I've never really played with him before this year. It's been a challenge, indeed; but I'm leaning more and more and am getting more comfortable with this offense as the season goes. Love my defense though!

4) I've noticed you're looking to move Lasean Mccoy before next season. Is there a reason you're looking to move one of the best backs in the game?
    I'm just not a fan of his, honestly. In real life or in Madden. I don't like his run style for Madden. He's obviously one of the most agile and quick players, but I would prefer a more bruising back over a speedy one. Just a personal preference. There was nothing we as an organization could do about it this year, but hopefully we will be able to work something out this coming offseason.

5) What other moves are you looking to make to get your team to the point where they fit what you're trying to do? Whether it be cuts, trades, free agency, etc.
    I feel like my defense is set for a while to come. Love my young defensive line and linebackers. Fletcher Cox is a stud at DT, and I have a few young ends I really like. And my secondary speaks for itself. It's no secret that Vick is getting up there in age, so I'll definitely start looking for a solid young backup who I can mold as his replacement when the time comes. Other than that, I'm happy with my team and am looking forward to crunch time in season 1.

6) You're in a pretty tough division so far, what areas do you feel you need to improve on to come out on top and win the division and possibly the Super Bowl?
    It is a very tough division. Entering week 7 we were all bunched at the top hovering around the .500 mark at 3-3. There's always room for improvement, but I feel pretty comfortable with what we've been doing. I'm hoping to have a better second half of the season than the first. And hopefully that puts us in a position to make some noise in the end.

7) Lastly, please give us a prediction on how you think you will finish this season?
    I expect to be a playoff team. Anything less would be unacceptable. We set goals at the beginning of the year, and reaching the playoffs is definitely one of those. We feel like we have the talent and game managing skills here to reach and maybe even surpass those goals.

I'd like to thank Loren for being on this edition of The Hot Seat. Until next time....

• Like Like x 6
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Great stuff guys!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

good work gents!

• Like Like x 1
  4. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Well done

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great Read...good job guys

Not one question about the Saints being 0-3 and heading into a hostile Green Bay?

• Like Like x 2
  6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Saints 40, Packers 35 ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

Great Stuff guys.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Well done guys!

• Like Like x 1
  9. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Yes, I could use 5 TD passes from Rodgers, especially if 3 of them go to Finley...

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I could use 3 to Finley as well! Just hope we outscore them in the end!

11. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

i could use Finleys fantasy points...big week for me. Nice write up btw hahaha

12. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

nice work fellas