Hot Seat Edition 5 with Troy(Redlishus)

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thafuture3886, Oct 5, 2012.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

In our 5th installment of the Hot Seat we sit down with NFC leading head coach Troy to talk about a wide variety of topics that i'm sure you will enjoy.

1) First off, tell us a little about yourself?
    I'm 33 years old and am married to a wonderful wife named Jen. This has been going on for almost 4 years now and I've already forgotten our wedding anniversary date. I'm not good with dates as I even forgot my birthday this year. We have no kids but 2 cats. I went to a badger game with some buddies and got home at bar close to find 2 kittens running around. I'm employed as a Land Surveyor with an engineering company for the last 12 years. I live in Green Bay. I want to get something out there for you southern folks. It's not -10 degrees here and snowing everyday in the winter like the idiot announcers always say on tv.. It averages 20-30 degrees most winter days and snows maybe once a week.

2) Your team draft history has been well documented, did you think it was a joke when Doug posted the team draft results and you found out you were picking #2 as opposed to the bottom where you've picked the past couple years?
    No not at all. I made sure Doug and the entire league was aware of where I drafted. It obviously worked. By the way Doug, will you please deposit that check sometime soon.

3) You decided to go with your hometown Packers and you now find yourself atop the NFC through week 10. Is this what you expected when you chose to go with Rodgers and company?
    No not all. When I first started playing Madden this year it was definitely a learning curve for me. I was averaging about 5 picks a game. I think it was the first game I played with the Pack that Rodgers was nailing every pass. For some odd reason, I got it in my head that even if a guy is covered that I would be able to fit the ball in there. Slowly but surely that habit is going away. One thing that is disappointing is my run game. I would love to be able to run the ball more effectively. This is a work in progress and it has gotten better as the season has worn on. I feel fortunate to be on top right now. Most of my games have been close and could have gone either way.

4) Being a Packers fan, will you run the virtual franchise as Ted Thompson runs the real life Packers(building through the draft, low level free agent signings, etc?)
    It's worked great in the real world so why not in Madden. Let's be honest. I'm hard to trade with. I tend to overvalue my players and then I second guess when I actually do a trade. I like my teams depth, so I doubt I will go hard in free agency. That's not to say if I guy I covet is there that I won't pull the trigger and make a push to sign them. However, with the new scouting feature, I like to think I may have uncovered some mid round talent that could contribute right away. I would lean more to the Thompson way of doing things.

5) What improvements(if any) do you feel you need to make to continue your winning ways and make some noise in the playoffs?
    As mentioned above, I would love to be able to run the ball more effectively. Some games it's only 1 yard and others its 5 yards a carry. I need to be more consistent. I also think I may become to predictable at times and have been trying to change to the way I call plays. So far it's working, I just don't want to have a pattern that gets picked up by an attentive owner. Lower my interceptions is huge also. I have improved night and day from day 1 but could always get better there. Lastly, my user skills. I'm trying to use my LB's and Safeties as user players. I found myself in position but at the last second it seems that my guy spins or something and the pass is completed.

6) Lastly, give us a prediction for how you will finish this season?
    I'm not going to lie and say I don't expect to make the playoffs. I'm 8-1 right now. Did I expect to be here? Honestly, no. I'm pretty sure I can win 2 more games which I think will be enough to win my division (yea, that's what I just typed). I've made the playoffs before and it's always the same thing, 1 and done. Hopefully, I get that chance once again and this time I'm 3 and done ;)

I'd like to thank redlishus for being a guest on this edition of The Hot Seat. Until next time...

• Like Like x 7
  2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Sounds like a highly intelligent individual

• Like Like x 3
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice work guy and guy. :D

• Like Like x 3
  4. CHUNKNESS

Oh, and redlishus, you know you just hexed us, right? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Hopefully. $$$$$

6. CHUNKNESS

Then you can upgrade from this...

[​IMG]

...to this! ;)

[​IMG]

7. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On