Hot Seat Edition 6 with Drew(Paper_r1val)

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thafuture3886, Oct 11, 2012.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

In our next installment of The Hot Seat we sit down with Broncos Coach and AFC Leading Drew to pick his brain for a bit...

1) First off tell us a little about yourself?
    Well, I’m of the young guys around these parts. I’ll be 25 by the end of November. Lived half of my life in California and the other half in South Carolina.

I graduated from Clemson University with an English degree a few years back and I’ve been sort of aimlessly wandering ever since – spent some time in Savannah, Georgia and some more in northwest Minnesota.

Recently got a job with Homeland Security at the ports system here in Charleston. I also coach JV football (backs and receivers) at a small private school. Might look into getting my teaching certification, so I can teach and get paid (not much...) to coach. Football is my passion, may as well stay close to it

2) Being one of the new guys to the league this year, what do you think of the league so far?
    This league is top notch. Perfectly run – I told Doug about a week ago that it’s a well-oiled machine that just keeps chugging along. No complaints whatsoever. The community of players is the best I’ve been around. Couldn’t thank you guys enough for letting me be part of 12th Man.

3) You were stuck with a terrible pick in the team draft but ended up with a solid team in the Broncos being available. Did you think a team such as the Broncos would be there at your pick?
    to be honest with you, I really didn’t care which team I ended up with. When I saw the draft order, I was planning on getting a perennial bottom-feeder like Jacksonville or Cleveland, but I guess I just lucked out with Denver. It's nice having some core youngsters like Von Miller and Bey-Bey Thomas to build around. And then I have some established vets like Willis McGahee and Champ Bailey to anchor this squad.

4) You currently stand atop the entire AFC, what have been the keys to your success this season?
    My offense takes care of the football and my defense takes it away. I just tell myself during each week to play my game. Keep my game in focus and good things will happen. Stay patient, protect the football, and capitalize when opportunities come.

5) During the season, you made a blockbuster move in moving Peyton Manning and handing the reins over to 6'8 rookie QB Brock Osweiler. Why did you make the move and do you think Osweiler is ready to lead the team to the playoffs and possibly a championship?
    My offense is built around running the football, so having an elite QB, as great as Peyton Manning is, just isn’t important to me currently. Manning’s age and contract had a lot to do with it as well. I have some holes in certain spots on the roster that I’ll be looking to fill in the offseason and his contract would limit my ability to upgrade positions that I place higher value on.
    Big Os has a cannon for an arm and he has surprisingly decent mobility to buy time in the pocket. I’m not sure if he’s ready to take this team to the top just yet, but we’re going to give it our best shot. Consistency is what I’m looking for from him, and so far he’s done his job. 3-1 is a pretty nice way for a QB to start out his career – hopefully it’s a sign of things to come.

6) Other than the Peyton trade, what other moves do you plan on making to get the team where you would like them to be?
    I made quite a few moves already acquiring multiple starters in the secondary (SS Tommy Zbikowski and CB Kyle Wilson), but I think I’ll be focused on building the trenches in the offseason – OL and DL. Maybe go after some playmakers for Osweiler to throw to. Can’t give you guys a full glimpse of this war room.
    7) Lastly, give us a prediction for how you think you will finish this season?

I really don’t know. I have a really tough stretch ahead me, against some really talented dudes with some nasty rosters. My motto at the beginning of the season was: JUST GET IN - making the playoffs was the goal…so I hope to accomplish that during the 2012 season. Maybe make a little run once we get there. Quiet confidence.

I'd like to thank PAPER_R1VAL for being a guest on this edition of The Hot Seat and good luck with the rest of your season.

• Like Like x 12
  2. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

good jobs guys

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Bravo...Well Done

• Like Like x 1
  4. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Well done...looking forward to a future matchup with you Drew. Best of luck, the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

nice work :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

good work fellas..and good having you with the 12th Man fam Drew!

• Like Like x 1
  7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Happy you joined the league Drew. A top notch addition to a top notch league.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great job fellas!

• Like Like x 1
  9. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

very nice...

10. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

well done guys...