Hot Seat! Hot, Hot, Hot Seat!

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by redlishus, Oct 5, 2014.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

I would like to welcome newcomer Matt aka dakota7 to the hot seat!

[​IMG]

1. The Texans are sitting at 3-7 in the first season. Why?
    The Texans are rebuilding. The focus coming in to the year was development of young players. For the most part, that has been very successful. I also felt that without a legitimate quarterback on the roster, it made little sense to squeeze 8-8 out of my veterans. Trading those players will hopefully lay the foundation for success in years 3 and beyond of the franchise.

2. Why did you choose the Texans? Is it because of fellow Wisconsinite JJ Watt or the younger talent on the defensive side fo the ball?
    I chose the Texans because I wasn't getting the Packers and wanted to be in the AFC. From the teams that were available, I thought they all needed work. Either they were old and contenders, which really meant I had to ride the vets before I could rebuild or they were just bad. (Colts being the exception) I felt like Houston had enough pieces to build on ( Watt, Clowney and Cushing) and enough to trade away that I could start rebuilding right away.

3. I'm going to be blunt here but your quarterback play has been awful. Mallett or Savage? Are either of these guys in the future plans of the Texans?

Well, neither is the answer. Mallet has a nice arm, but is soooooo damn slow...He can't evade a snail. And he turned down my fair market value contract, he isn't getting tagged. Savage is ok. I can see him filling the spot until a real solution is found.

4. Heading into the offseason, are you building this team through the draft or free agency?

My plan is to find the cornerstones through the draft and supplement it with a few select free agents. I do not plan to get into bidding wars, at least not right away. I have 7 picks in the first three rounds this year and 10 overall (as of now), if I can find 5 starters we will be right on track.

5. If you had to address only one need this offseason, what position and why?

Not so much a position, but a role on the team. I need to find a leader on offense, someone to build around. Obviously we need a quarterback, but if the guy is a halfback or receiver, that's fine. I just need to begin to find an identity on offense.

6. You live in Sheboygan. For those not familiar with Wisconsin, Sheboygan may be the armpit of the state. It's the Gary, Indiana of Wisconsin. Weird shit happens there all the time. Case in point with the stories here.... What's the strangest thing you've heard about he area?

Ahhh.....Sheboygan. I'm not originally from here, I was born in Milwaukee. I was really amazed when I first got here. The whole city is its own little world, almost like the land that time forgot. I remember when I first started with the fire department, I had an 55 year old lilly white german training officer that I worked with on 8 hour days for a few weeks. One of the first days, he was making some small talk and asked what I had brought for lunch. I have no idea what my answer was, but I then remember asking what he brought. He replied "hot tamales". Pretty soon it was lunch time and I notice that he doesn't have hot tamales, but actually sloppy joes. So I asked him about it and he replied "that's what we call hot tamales". Well, I said if you call sloppy joes "hot tamales", what do you call actual hot tamales? He said "I don't know, I don't eat Mexican food".

7. Give me your predictions for the following teams...Packers? Badger Football? Badger Basketball? Bucks Baske....nevermind about that one.

Packers -- NFC North champs and another disappointing, embarrassing early playoff loss.
    Badgers football -- 8-5 and some meaningless bowl
    Badgers basketball -- B1G champs, final four
    Bucks -- another lottery pick

8. 12,027 messages! Damn you've been busy. Did you just post one word posts to boost your stats or were you a dedicated poster back in the hey day of NCAA? Much talk about the decline of TSO lately. I for one, enjoy the site and appreciate the hardwork the fellas do behind the scenes. If you had one suggestion you should post it here as well but what do you think needs to happen to bring the people back?

I came to Tradition Football a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. I was very active in NCAA leagues and after the addition of an actual franchise mode in Madden, I diversified. There's been a lot of blame placed on group me and alternative communication methods, but the problems with TSO are simple imo. The death/decline of the NCAA football franchise killed the community. Looking back, before all the transfer failed issues and Ed O'Bannon bullshit, there were 7 "premier" NCAA X box leagues and 3 or 4 PS3 I think. That's like 120 people alone, on the site multiple times a day. Add in another 20 non-premier leagues and a couple of Madden leagues, it was rockin. Without that game, or something to replace it, I don't know how to recover that level of interest. Many of the old timers that are still active have gone through significant life changes and don't have the same amount of free time to dedicate to their league or the site. That means there needs to be fresh blood and some type of draw to get them here.

9. If you wouldn't mind to divulge, what's the strangest "emergency" call you have ever been out on?

Strangest call, I suppose this can tie into the bizarre shit that happens in Sheboygan category too. About 12 years ago I responded to a call for a man who was bleeding. We arrived on scene and enter the home. There is a trail of smeared, drying blood leading to the kitchen. Seated at the kitchen table is a 20ish man, pants down, cupping his balls. He is with a police officer, who states that the man had attempted to neuter himself. I look down and see he has peeled his scrotum up over his nuts, which seem to be still attached. I ask him some simple questions, trouble breathing? Are you in pain? Do you feel dizzy? Then I asked him why? He said he had schizophrenia and didn't want to pass it along to any kids. We passed him along to the ambulance and leave. Maybe 2 weeks later, we get a call for a shooting, same address.....

10. Content, Content and more content. We need some more. Do you have any ideas what would be good features to add to the league?

I was thinking of doing a Draft preview piece, I just haven't found the time yet. I probably would like to start with a division game summary first though(y)

Thanks Matt!

Who will be next on the Hot Seat?!?!

• Like Like x 11
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Love these, even more so than the owner profiles! Really brings out the owner personalities with the Q&A. Thank you Troy for taking the time to do these and thank you Matt for participating! Some weird shit going on in Sheboygan!!! I'll keep my safe distance right here in Wausau!

• Like Like x 5
  3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great job fellas!

I probably laughed more than I should have at the "hot tamale guy", lol.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Good work fellas...

5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

That's fkn sick dude. Guy tried cutting his nut sack off, lmfao. Remind me to neever go to Sheboygan, Wisconsin!! Sounds pitiful and "nut cringing"!

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

It's not really that bad. It has changed over the 14 years I've been here. There have been some major improvements to the dowtown, lakefront area. It's actually kind of nice. If you follow golf at all, Whistling Straits is just outside the city, which has hosted a couple PGA championships and is hosting the Ryder Cup in a few years.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Great write up...