House Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jan 1, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I thought we could use this as a tool for discussing some of the rules and such we play by. Say for instance you want to talk about, quarter length. Simply bring it up in here and we can discuss. If there is enough positive talk about that issue then we could possibly change it.

You can bring up issues in here but if you try to air out a member of our league you will be punished. So don't do it.

2. controllerabuser

Here are a few things I use that I wanted to get some input on from you guys.

Pass commit - I use this only on 3rd down and long or 2nd and long if the user or CPU comes out in 4-5 wide sets. My thought on this : it is very easy to pass and a lot of people will go to the slot or cross routes when times get tough. So, I think using the pass commit is not horrible to use in those situations. I know some people do/don't like to use this, do you use it? Why do/don't you like it?

User Catching - I user catch. What I don't do is swing my receiver. What I mean by that is I have seen people(in general, not speaking of this league) take the receiver and loop him to one side and back around which I was told is a glitch. I think that the user on defense has just as much power to take the ball away from me as I do to catch it.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

No prob with pass commit, butni do hate when they throw fades and loop receivers. Seems so so cheesy to me.

4. controllerabuser

Here is a thought too. I know this is a general rule on TSO - You are supposed to keep a QB in all drive so say you can't sub a running QB in for an option on the drive and then put in the passer QB on 3rd and whatever.

What do you guys think about that? I think you should be able to do that. The formation screen shows who is in on that play. The defense has a chance to call a play based on what the offense calls. Thoughts?

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Well I didn't know that was even a rule....I actually will sub my fast qb in everyone in awhile on a 2 or 3rd down in GG.

6. controllerabuser

It's a general rule, I thought it was under TSO rules. It is up to the commish of the league or that league to determine what is/isn't ok.

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i really dotn see an issue with it ...as long as you mix it up. we have good guys and they know not to cheese with it. i use maybe twice a game....sometime not at all. i use it as a kind of wrinkle to catch them off guard ...kinda like the wildcat

8. controllerabuser

I actually like the idea. I think you should be able to use it. There really is no way to abuse it. The defense can call their play based upon the formation screen which shows the players and their numbers. It is up to you on how much you scout a team.

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Agreed

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I use two Qb's as you know with Florida and will some the rest of the season with Purdue to get Rob Henry ready to go for next year

Pass commit cool on 3rd an d long or hurry up situations

user catching is cool didn't know there was a glitch

11. controllerabuser

Cool Diddy.. I might need to look at who is going to be playing at the quarterback position for the Buckeyes.. next season

12. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I'm cool with pass commit on 3rd and longs or if a guy shows a pattern of play-actions on 3rd and 5-7.

I really hate hot-routed slants. Not a game-breaker, but damn that's annoying as hell.

13. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I have absolutely no problem with Pass Commit on 3rd and long. Hell, that is why many guys have seen me run and run draws. I will convert a few and make you think twice. As far as hot routing...it is something I have never done. I will audible, but only if I see something that is going to completely destroy my play call. And as far as using multiple QB's, that is why formation subs came into play this year, and the playcall screen shows who is in. I am all for this. Actually, my QB is my third best TE, so look out, I don't know if there is a throwback pass in Iowa's playbook.

Mike

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I have no prob with user catching..as long as you don't do the glitch thing...

What I don't like is deep drops or running to the sidelines...and then waiting until someone comes back for the ball to throw it. I think there should be an internal clock and if you go wide then just run it or throw it out of bounds.

I also believe we should open a thread where we pick playbooks for next year and have to stick with them all year..I am not sure if anyone changed mid-season but I think it would be cool to add the coordinator effect...kinda off topic but it would be cool.

15. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

If everyone is cool with the Pass Commit I will definitely use it, my pass D is HORRID!!

In my offline dynasties or games against the cpu i never user catch simply because I feel like my chances of making that play are way better if I take control. But in a User game I will user catch because I know my oppenent can also user defend and that way it is even in my mind. If anyone has any problems with that let me know though.

16. controllerabuser

User catching is fine, bro.

17. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Pass D is fine with me as long as it's used in realistic situations...Hell I might start using it myself, I hate when the CPU completes 3rd and 17!

18. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i think as a collective group we should work away from post routes on 3rd downs. sure we wont convert as many but it would even out. We could run ins and outs and wheels and things like that to convert.

i just think it would make the games so much more enjoyable if we didnt have to cover an almost uncoverable route everytime.

19. controllerabuser

Well, I agree that you see the post route when times get hard but I don't want to ban the route on 3rd down. I'd say, the guys should be mixing it up according to our rules and if they keep running post routes on 3rd downs then you need to let them know or let me know.

20. DC

DC Shake n Bake

well i wasnt lobbying for a ban there. what i meant is..as a group, we should agree to shy away from it as much as possible.
    Now i havent played all of you guys since last year.

but the people i have played this year go strictly post and money routes when they get a 3rd and long. or are behind.

just saying lol

21. controllerabuser

I see, I understand. I think I've played everybody except Jam and there have never been any problems with that. ;) That is why this league is up for Premier status!

22. DC

DC Shake n Bake

exactly why im glad im back!

23. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I got one though. How do u guys feel about playaction on 3rd and long?! I hate it cuz the ai goes screwy. @controllerabuser @bkhogfan51

24. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Never had it cause my D trouble....but if it causes a flaw then I would not like it

I also rarely pa anyways because I get sacked everytime lol

25. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

Yeah I also rarely play action because I always find myself getting sacked too. If guys are running play action on 3rd and long that isnt very realistic anyways. I would have a problem with it if it caused my defense to go funky.