Housekeeping Items

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, Jan 27, 2010.

?

Hall of Fame

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Housekeeping Items

Put this in the other thread but:

Everyone needs to make a new scouting report page please.. I am going to lock the other ones so that there still there and you can read them

also copy and paste your season previews in your team thread and try to keep it current with this year, every 2 weeks or so please

Gameplay:
    HB Screen- 2 options, either throw the screen pass or throw it away. Dont go downfield because its actually illegal men downfield and rarely a team fakes a HB screen and goes the other way.. Its usually fake WR screen and go down field.

2. KnightNoles

comments, ideas, other concerns welcome?

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

What's everyone's feeling on late pitches on option plays?

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

dont do them. if you do, run out of bounds.

5. Papa Perry

^^^My thoughts exactly

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

EA needs to fix the option pitches. Sometimes you will press pitch and its like the QB waits until he gets hit to pitch it. I hate that sheet

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am working on reorganizing my team thread. The first post is now a central hub for info. Starting from this point on I will provide links to any realted threads on this posting.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Noles, I will do recruiting board after we advance to week 2. I want to see scholarship offers on each player to better judge the most sought after recruits. I'll also start working on next draft class during the weekend, probably Sunday cause I'm very busy on Saturday.

9. KnightNoles

That sounds good..

Also the saving of pictures and videos should be a GO!!!!

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Damn, I forgot we could save pics in game now.

Oh well, always have next week.

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I got one for you:

Can we get an official ruling on running a standard dime, or 3-2-6 DE Contain, then pinching your line.

This is commonly used on mobile QB's to stop them from scrambling and was done to me actually by a previous USC user that will go unnamed. I know it's frowned upon in other leagues, what's the stance here?

12. Dru50

If someone does that to you, you should be able to run right up the middle with either a back or your QB though right? I guess I don't understand the issue with that strategy.

Disallowing the use of QB contain doesn't make sense unless you are also going to disallow running QB's from running. It's way too easy for QB's to get outside of the DE's in this game unless you use the contain option.

13. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I think this would fall under mixing it up, 3-2-6 should not ba a base D, but if the guy your playing against is coming out it 4-5 wides every play that a different story. As far as pinching the line and running contain, in my opinion this should never happen. If your running contain, its to keep your opponent from getting outside of you, so why would anyone pinch there line to make this more difficult other than to get an unfair AI advantage? For the record I have not experienced this in this or any dynasty on TF.

14. Dru50

Something I'd like to discuss (since we are on the topic) is user controlled FS in a 4-2-5 defense. I don't think anyone here does this, but a recent user in other dynastys got booted partially because his strategy was to run a 4-2-5 and crash the FS to the line nearly every play. This wouldn't be a problem if the game had proper physics, but it doesn't and in this set the FS can still change directions and get back into coverage easily and the SS's can still seem to cover faster slot receivers downfield without issue. It basically ends up with a 9 man front all the time that is still effective against the pass. With the number of teams here that have moved to the 4-2-5 (I think there are 4 or 5 now) I thought it was a valid topic.

I don't really understand why TF has banned the 3-3-5 as a base defense but the 4-2-5 is allowed, but that's a separate discussion. They are both equally screwed up in my opinion.

Anyhow, just thought I'd throw it out there for discussion.

15. BDSDIGITAL

This is the point. It's not running de contain, it's pinching your line when you do it because it totally confuses the blocking AI.

edit: I only count two 4-2-5 users, Max and Juggs....

16. Papa Perry

I think I found a way to counter the 4-2-5 last night when I played a ranked game. It involves a little formation most have forgotten called the Power I. It's only effective with a good running back that doesn't necessarily have speed but has the strength to fall forward every time. I've learned from my mistakes though and I am running my offense totally different this season. A lot of safe plays but I won't be afraid to gamble for the big play out of nowhere. Plus staying fully dedicated to Star Jackson this season gives me a dual threat that I'll take advantage of when the opportunity is right.

17. Dru50

I thought you ran 4-2-5 last year as well? If I'm mistaken an not too many are using then ignore me on this point. I won't be mad.:HoosierHoo:

18. BDSDIGITAL

I did for a few games...but I ran the 3-4 most of last year and will run the multi defense playbook this year. It's in my scouting page.

19. KnightNoles

What bogey said. Tryin to contain a qb then why pinch your line. I don't have a problem with 3-2-6 or 3-3-5 when they are used correctly and I believe that this group knows what TF football is about. I mean we have had hardly any big issues or complaints just some small minor stuff. Plus I don't like to nitpick, I just like to have the rules play sim football and have fun with it, no extremes no nothin. I think that's where people get caught up with all the rules.

4-2-5 same thing, I think Beazus ran it last year both games and I gashed him the first one and the second he and his scheme played a lot better.

Just keep playin like we have remember TF and our rules and have fun

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Noles, are you gonna open up the S4 recruiting thread? Are you waiting for me to get the top sought after commits? That will be completed later tonight, either when I get home or after I play Juggernaunt based on when he wants to play.

21. KnightNoles

waiting for whatever you are going to do then Ill post it and open the thread..

also

Do you all want to start a Hall of Fame. It wont be anywhere near the detail of the Deuces but I think everybody knows whats going on in the league and what players have really shinned through the years. Pick like 6 candidates from each year and 2 or 3 get in.

22. Dru50

My thought is that I like what they do in the Deuce, where I believe the HOF is only for user recruited players. This would mean the earliest someone could get into the HOF would be after this season if you had a true frosh from the 2009 class leave as a 3rd year player.

23. KnightNoles

Im going to open it up for any player off of our teams because I really think Terrance Parks should be in there lol (y)

24. Papa Perry

I think Julio could make his case as well. This is perfect BTW. I have all of the seasons saved as offline dynasty's so if we need career stats for players already gone I can look them up.

25. Dru50

If we are going to nominate original roster players, I think you have to consider the past 3 Heisman winners, Malcolm Williams and everyone's favorite fat-boy, Jeremiah Masoli.