Houston Cougars Announce QB Change

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Philstyle3005, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

[​IMG]

The struggling Houston Cougars will finally bench David Pilland who has had a terrible year so far, and look to redshirt Freshman Bram Kohlhausen to take over. Pilland has looked great at times, but very inconsistent the last two games. Houston lost Bram in Week 1 to injury, but he has rehabbed and is ready to make a comeback this coming week against Colorado. Bram looked great in Week 1 before going down. Coach Philstyle had this to say about the QB change.

"David is struggling right now. I don't know if it's lack of confidence, or what because he has the tools to be successful. Right now, we're going in another direction. That's not to say that we won't use David again, but right now it's Bram's turn to take over. We've given up way too many coverage sacks, and with Bram's ability to run, we shouldn't have to deal with that as much anymore. We're looking forward to seeing how he does against the Buffaloes next week after a full week of practice taking snaps with the 1st team. "

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Bringing the drama.

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm about 2 bad throws from Bridgewater from bringing Stein in as the starter.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

*Calls Teddy, begins recruiting him*

5. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

*laughs because he won't be granted a release to a school in the same conference*

6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

[​IMG]

- A lot of people questioned the Cougars decision to change quarterbacks mid season and put the Redshirt Freshman Bram Kohlhausen in over Redshirt Sophomore David Pilland but it looks as if things have paid off for the Cougars. Since making the quarterback change, the Cougars have only lost 1 game to SMU and that was without their coach. A look at the QBS stats.

QB- David Pilland 81-150 1704 yards 14 tds 17 ints

QB- Bram Kohlhausen 69-129 1322 yards 14 tds 4 ints 57 rushes 148 yards 2 tds

Bram is one of the main reasons the Cougars have gotten back on track. Bram is 4-1 as the starter. There have been rumblings in the locker room that David Pilland will look to transfer next season, but if he does, he will only have 1 year of eligibility left. It may be in his best interest to work hard, and attempt to get his starting spot back. Time will tell, but for this season at least, Bram has really outperformed David this season.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I'm glad the change worked out because it would have be a really painful season if you had kept Pilland at the helm.

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Tell me about it. He's an 87 overall, but somehow Bram is a lot more accurate with his throws than Pilland was. Bram misses some deep throws every now and then, but for the most part, he's way more accurate than his rating. Pilland just didn't have it for some reason.

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I've noticed this in my other league (54 OVR fresh does better than the 68 OVR senior), I wonder what other tangibles can effect their throwing...

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Last year with Wake I was using Kevin Sousa who was about 6 or more points worse and he played way better than the higher rated guy.

11. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I think home and road plays a pretty big role in it, too. Sometimes I haven't understood why guys were performing the way that they were but have found that sometimes it's as simple as where the game is.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I just use whoever I feel I can do best with, regardless of overall. Last year Susa just got it done whereas te higher rated guy just missed throws for whatever reason (regardless of home or away)