Houston Texans news

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by pitt4life21, Aug 29, 2013.

1. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Cushing Out for 11 weeks
    [​IMG]
    Brian Cushing is out for 11 weeks with a broken collarbone This will be the second season in a row where Cushing will miss most of the season. He was put on IR last year in week 6 with a torn his ACL.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

• Like Like x 1
  4. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Sliders ;)

5. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

would you ever trade WR A.Johnson?

6. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Nothing against Pitt-san...just like bad things to happen to Cush.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Trade him to me now? What do you want?

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Update
    Cushing is ahead of schedule he will be back in 4 weeks. When Cushing was asked about his health he said "I feel better each day and I can't wait to get back on the field and help my teammates." Cushing also just agreed on a 6 year deal which will more than likely keep him as a Texan for the rest of his career.

10. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Owen Daniels Hurt
    [​IMG]
    Texans pro bowl tight end Owen Daniels will be out 2 more week with a shoulder tear. The injury happened in the 37-0 win over the Titans. Replacing Daniels will be seasoned vet Dallas Clark. Just imagine the damage those two can do once Daniels is back.

11. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Kubiak on hot seat
    [​IMG]
    After losing in the AFC Div. round the past two years it has been no secret that Kubiak needs to take this team to the next step. That being said his team is off to a 1-3 start the future looks bleak for Kubiak. When we ask new Texans GM John Krobot about Kubiak he declined to comment.

• Like Like x 3
  12. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Houston Hires Chuck Pagano
    [​IMG]
    After firing Kubiak the Texans decided to hire Pagano. He was shown the door in Indy after Mike Ditka decided to become the head coach there. In a press conference with the Houston media when he was asked about what he could bring to the texans that Kubiak could not he said, "I bring a difference on D with multiple formations including 4-3 and 3-4. I also bring a more tough nose style in the running game." We will have to see if GM Krobot made the right decision.

13. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Landry Jones Traded to Houston
    [​IMG]
    After Matt Schaub with released and Chuck Pagano was hired in Houston the Texans decided to go out and get the quarterback of the present and future. Landry Jones will take over behind center. After Jones was stuck behind Big Ben year the Texans decided to see if they could get him and with their 2nd round pick they got their man. When GM Krobot was asked about the acquisition Krobot said, "We really did not see a must have QB in the draft so we decided to get a young guy that matched what we wanted in a QB."

14. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Texans D Now Serving Turnovers

[​IMG]

The Texans D is clicking at full speed after having a game with 1 INT vs the Ravens in week 1 the Texans D has had 17 in the last three games yes I said 17. Why the improvement?

[​IMG]

I believe it is because of this guy #1 pick Justin Gilbert with his 97 man coverage 92 zone and 87 press coverage. Gilbert already has 3 picks in his rookie year. He just takes a lot of pressure off Joseph and Jackson who just signed a long term deal with the Texans last week.

[​IMG]

The last reason I think they have improved is because of second year man DJ Swearinger. This guy takes over for old man Ed Reed who now has taken I seat on the bench. Swearing may not be picking balls off like the DBs but he is very intimidating. He has 87 tackle 87 zone and 81 man coverage but the best attribute is his 89 hit power which helps him separate the ball from the receiver and for all you people that doubt him remember this:

[​IMG]