Houston Texans

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DaveIV82, Sep 6, 2012.

1. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

werd!

2. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

signed free agents:

RG - Howard Barbieri
    OVR 76

C - Bill Nagy
    OVR - 78

LOLB - Erik Walden
    OVR - 74

3. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

signed free agent:

Charlie Peprah - FS
    OVR - 74

My Reserve free safety is hurt and needed some depth

4. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

signed WR Roy Williams for depth

6. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

Jmustang1968

released:

WR Kevin Walter
    RG Shelley Smith

7. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

Signed:

QB - Joe Webb
    WR - Donald Jones

8. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

Jmustang1968

released:
    TE - Garrett Graham
    RT - Rashad Butler

Signed:
    FB - Shaun Chapas
    TE - Lee Smith

Moved FB James Casey to tight end.......hes 80 OVR as a tight end and is not a very good run blocker at FB so made the move (the game makes me have two tight ends on the roster and I couldnt figure out how to make James Casey a TE, signed Lee Smith because of this)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  9. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

Jmustang1968

released:

QB - Matt Schaub

Signed:

QB - Jerrod Johnson

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Whaaat?

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Epic Fail???

I must say that I was looking at johnson as a possible back-up, but decied toi keep my rookie and other young QB....Played the Texanslast night, Johnson isn't that bad, he has a strong arm, but it looks like he lacks the deep ball accuracy, Andre Johnson was able to "Moss" one of my DB's but really shouldn'y of had to if their was more touch on the ball. The Packers are glad to have Schaub on the squad, may be offloading his for a pick if someone caught a significant injury in week 5, otherwise, he will serve as Back-up to the man, the myth, the legend that is Aaron Rodgers

13. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

I lost 3 games in a row, Schaub pissed me off with throwing passes WAY off and out of bounds on WIDE OPEN receivers. Yes there was some spite involved in this decision. I am learning the game and decided for a strong armed beast. I have actually been changing my starting QB randomly. I might go with Yates next week. Not sure yet. That was a good game though CT. Good luck the rest of the way!

CTfromDC
    Bl0ndeRedHead
    Jmustang1968

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

He wont be any better

15. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

i know, thats the point, id rather throw the ball in the air 80 yards :D

16. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

I had a lot of guys not resign and I had lots of cap space.

Off-season roster moves:

Biggest addition has to be LG Andy Levitre. No one bid on him so after the draft I signed him as he was young and talented (not to mention better than my starter). Well to my pleasant surprise, he bumped 3 points OVR after signing because of my scheme.
    82 OVR
    86 RBK
    90 PBK
    Development is QUICK (I was incredibly happy with this)

Signed LT (then moved to RT) Sam Baker. Big upgrade at RT as the right side of my line is the weak link.
    85 OVR

Traded HB Ben Tate (82 OVR) to the Colts. Ben Tate had QUICK development but was never going to take over Foster's spot. For his sake and the teams, traded and got HB Mike Goodson (77 OVR) and 2015 2nd round pick. Mike Goodson is a great change of pace back who has great hands and is a good returner.

Signed FB Britt Miller. I needed a FB and struck out in FA bidding. Britt has 77 RBK and is 75 OVR. I think he will be a decent player for me.

Signed veteran WR Steve Smith. Smith has great hands and catch in traffic ability. He also is a good route runner. At 88 spd, he is a good possession receiver. Wanted a reliable WR opposite Johnson.

Signed Rookie FA WR Devin Lewis. As stated in my draft review, was very happy with this pickup. He was Mr Irrelevant in the draft but dont let that fool you. This guy has decent hands and great route running ability. Will definitely make the cut.

Signed CB Greg Toler 76 OVR. Was thin at CB and needed a decent 4th option.

Sign FS Dwight Lowery. 77 OVR. Needed a starting FS bad. This guy was young, decent and cheap. Will see how this pans out as the season progresses.

I have no idea how this happened (maybe when my internet was down and i was set to auto). TE Todd Heap was on my roster when the offseason started. He is older but a good 3rd TE option. I use a lot of jumbo sets so he should see some action and be a legit option going forward. Come to think of it, I am not sure what he is being paid. If he is making a lot, he may not make the cut.

Signed MLB Larry Grant....needed depth at MLB and Bradie James is getting older

Signed LOLB Ikaika Alama-Francis...needed depth and he is a big guy, could play DE

17. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

wtf!!!! The computer cut my free agent rookie WR Devin Lewis.........was very very upset about this. The CPU kept worse players on the roster.........effing stupid madden

18. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

this is why we shouldn't sim weeks, I took all my starters and put them third string in an attempt to limit the chance of injury, seems when they sim games, they don't sub starters like in real life. I hope they didn't get cut due to where they were on the depth chart, if so, Think I will be rolling out from the league.

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Only a couple guys were playing their preseason games. My guys were injured while playing the games. I believe the cpu rotates the backups in preseason just as they do in the games.

I sure hope you wouldnt just ditch the league over that, and would value the commitment you made to the league long term...

20. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I am committed to the need, more than any other here really, i like the ppl in the gmfl, its actually fun to play my games...was just speaking off the top really, but I would be extremely blown if Rodgers or Perry, or Jones, or any young talent based on rating and depth chart...i hear u about the not playing the pre-season, just wish we could have a chance to make our own cuyts, and I wish that we could sign our own rookies....phuck it, while im wishing, I wish for a 2012 Audi A8, Forest Green, sitting on factory 21's, with the leather and wood luxury package....

Also, I don't think they rotate on sims, because Greg Jennings had like 25 catches for 450 yards, Aaron Rodgers threw for about 800 yards and 8 tds too...I do notice when I actually play a sim against the cpu, I get the subs.

21. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I wish for a few more features too but cant be helped... You couldve made cuts during week 3...

22. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

i didnt have any listed, so maybe my rosted is under the 53, either way i will check it out when i get home, wanna see if i got injuries, etc....sorry the thread got hijacked, JM can erase when he gets a chance

23. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

damn you hijackers!!!

24. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I picked you to win your as a "make it right" :cool: