Houston, we have a problem....

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

According to the DW, the following teams scholarships available is incorrect per the recruiting thread.

Penn St whygodwhy1111 - currently has 54 players on the roster, listed 17 available scholarships at start of season and has signed 17 recruits through end of regular season
    UCLA recchem2000 - currently has 56 players on roster, listed 16 available scholarships at start of season and has signed 14 recruits through end of regular season
    Washington St gowazzucougs - currently has 58 players on roster, listed 14 available scholarships at start of season and has signed 6 recruits through end of regular season

I believe this happened due to seniors not playing last year and being redshirted automatically (this has been something that happens going back to NCAA 2009), and if your team isn't listed you should still confirm how many guys you can sign based on the number of players on your roster now.

Recchem is fine so long as he didn't commit anyone through week 1 of the offseason, Cougs is fine so long as he doesn't sign more than 12 recruits total.

Whygod is a different story, as he has oversigned by one. I have no doubt this was on accident, but he still signed a recruit that should have gone somewhere else. My thought is that Whygod will have to cut the final recruit he signed, :3stars: CB Randall Allen, but if someone disagrees vehemently please feel free to bring it up and we can discuss.

I'm going to not impose any additional sanctions on anyone for this season due to this, but it is everyone's responsibility to ensure that if you aren't playing your seniors (who have not previously redshirted) you better be keeping that in mind when you are recruiting.

Colemanchu
    JFace907
    Danthraxxx
    Corey Volting
    Roogy
    recchem2000
    Cheez
    Jayrah

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

That's fine with me. Get the senior in for garbage time somewhere from now on....:D

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Are you saying Dru50 that if I have a 4yr senior who doesn't play he will come back as a 5yr senior? Super confused ( somebody hit me with the confused emoticon please)

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think he should have to cut the CB and that Dru should have to lose 5 schollys for allowing this to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The wire might be wrong. Last night when I checked week 1 i had 55 players and 15 recruits signed so I assumed I was done. I thought I had one left but the transfer took that spot.

6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

That seems to be the default action taken by the cpu with any "true" player who is not on the depth chart. We're just speaking of seniors because we actually use that in our count for scholarships available under the assumption ALL seniors are leaving.

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The Wire is known to be wrong. Especially with roster counts.

8. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I will have to find out who it is, if it indeed is a senior that RS against my wishes. I certainly did not RS a senior and would much prefer to cut the RS senior that will clearly never play. But maybe I miscounted. When I get home I will start a new offline dynasty and figure out what happened.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I must be the dumbest SOB on earth because while it looks like the explanation from@ JFace907 would explain it to me I am still unsure WTFis going on lol

Hopefully my idiocy doesn't lead to sanctions from Dru

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I played about 40% of my cpu games with my backups in. It would supprise me if someone never played. He would have to be a REALLY bad true senior to not play even if he is not in the Depth chart, because the game does sub ppl that are not in your depth charts when your backups get tired. Or if you call a formation that goes passed the number of players in your depthchart minus your starters.

11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Thinking a true senior didn't play all year and the cpu redshirted him by default, adding another play "coming back" towards the full roster count. This would mean that if you had filled your recruiting max that an EXTRA player is added, making your new roster count 71, and therefore violating the recruiting rules.

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I think I found the problem DeOn'tae Pannell​

Is a true senior this year according to an online roster I found. He is now a (RS) Senior on my roster. He was second in my depth chart at 83 overall ( which would have made him my 3rd best gaurd ). I believe he redshirted for the same reason 2 other players on my Offensive line also redshirted (despite being in my depth chart). He was not a starter and achieve ZERO statistics as an on the OL( Because Blocking stats are broken and he never made a tackle) .​

I will know for sure when I get home.​

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I def did not know this was something that could happen, I would think fair thing in this scenario would be to conti ue to recruit, cut the senior as he should not have returned in the first place, and going forward we should maybe make a thread to lis our seniors? That sound resonable Dru50?

14. Dru50

I understand that, but if this happened due to a senior redshirting because he didn't play, that isn't a glitch. That is an error on your end for not taking that into account when you were recruiting, since this 'feature' has been in the game for years.

Either way, if you are indeed oversigned (which I believe you are) then I won't give you sanctions like I would normally (which would involve losing extra recruits to drop you below 70 AND have you lose schollies next season). But I also won't let you correct it by cutting a guy that would never play, since that isn't really fair to those who didn't oversign.

If you are over by 1, you will need to cut that CB since he was the player that put you over.

15. Dru50

Exactly correct. If you have a senior (or really any player) who has never redshirted, the game automatically redshirts them if they accumulate zero statistics throughout the season. This is a big reason why doing your depth chart correctly and making sure your backups play at points during the season is important.

16. Dru50

See my earlier post. I don't think it's equitable to solve it by allowing someone to replace a guy who won't play with a guy who will for multiple seasons. This isn't a new issue for NCAA 2012 and therefore I would have expected guys to have read the rules (which we already know several did not - see the depth chart/redshirting discussion from earlier in the season) and contemplated this in advance.

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

If you have a senior that you don't think is going to get any stats for you, you should be abe to say at the beginning of the season. Then if this happens again, now that everyone knows, we can just cut the senior and move on without penalty. Easier than trying to get scrubs stats when I'd rather try out my young guys.

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Let me say I am not upset/opposed to whatevver we do here but I second what is said here, I don't think I should miss a recruit because EA can't do sh!# right, if we monitor this I thin that makes more sense. What if Cougs had a 49rating senoir, wouldhe have to play that dude to avoid missing a recruit?

Last thing I will add on this .... let's get this offseason in boys! :)

19. Dru50

Let me put this in terms that a Wisconsin man can understand - no fucking way is that an option.

If you guys in the Big 10 don't care then maybe I'll let it slide, but we aren't opening up cuts as an option. Going forward, if you fuck up your depth chart or have a senior that hasn't redshirted and you don't want him to redshirt and be on your team next season, you better put him in a game. Because if someone goes over after this season, it will be treated like any other case of going over the limit.

You guys now know the rules (or should) - and knowing is half the battle.

JFace907
    Corey Volting
    recchem2000
    gowazzucougs
    Cheez
    Jayrah
    Roogy

Please let me know ASAP if you are ok with what dan/cole are proposing for whygod.

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

my seniors get stats. just trying to help everyone else, trick love the kids.

21. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I'm not going to be offended one way or another. Do whatever.

I will say that I was damn near in the same position, with 14 scholarships going into the season, adding three because players left, and then having 16 total (for you non math majors, 14+3=17 , not 16). It looks like my culprit was a CB who never saw the field (Quinn Evans), so I will definitely remember this going forward.

22. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

As long as the CB doesn't turn out to be the next Champ Bailey, I'm ok with it :)

And if he does, we'll figure out a punishment a few years down the road, haha!

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im ok with it for this season only. Next time, drop the hammer on Penn State :)

24. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

How about this dru - impose a "dynasty long probation" on PSU. That way, if they violate it again, you can give em the death penalty :)

25. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

It is 100% a bug. My sixth best true SR lineman DeOn'tae Pannell came back for his 5th year because he did not allow a sack or get a pancake in the 10+ quarters of football inwhich he played. Despite the fact that he was #2 in my depth chart at nearly every offensive line position.

He will be the best Tackle on my team next year.

That is why my recruiting board is over. ( there are also 2 other lineman that I put in my depth chart midway through the season that redshirted). So if you have Olineman you do not want to redshirt that are not starting, You are going to need to give them a carry.